Inaugural 3/31/12 Fantasy Cruise

NewShipFantasy.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! FINALLY OUR CRUISE IS HERE!!!!! WE SET SAIL TODAY!!!
:banana::banana::banana:
Fantasyinagural.jpg

Just sitting in our room at Pop Century trying to relax before we head to the lobby to meet the DCL shuttle...I can't wait to finally meet everyone onboard.

Just wanted to apologize we may not have fish extenders as our luggage is lost. we just made it on the bus as glasses and contacts were in luggage so we had to find an optometrist to renew the prescription and thank goodness that we finally found one that had the contacts in stock, we usually have to order them.

Happy Sailing! It was exciting to watch the Fantasy sail away on the webcam so I am sure it was even more exciting to be on the ship during the sail away.

Here is a picture of the Disney Fantasy on its Maiden Voyage.

MaidenVoyageDisneyFantasy.jpg

HI MARSHA!!!!! I watched the ship set sail from the Fishlips webcam. I tried watching for Wally & Terrie but I think they were on deck 12 aft, and the webcam just zoomed right by that section of the ship! UGH! Oh well. I hope they're all having a great time so far! And I REALLY hope Namsupak gets their luggage!!!!

IMG_2999.png

Hello! My name is Greg, posting from stateroom 2020 on the Fantasy.

I have met a few DISboards people over the last few days while on board the maiden voyage. I just wanted to say hello to all the awesome people I've met, so that we can connect up on the facebook and be a part of the various meet-ups on board. Send me a message and I will give you my facebook info!

This is my first EVER cruise, and I am so happy to be a part of the Fantasy's maiden voyage. The ship is truly AMAZING, and it is the experience of a lifetime!

Sorry to crash your tread....I am on the May 19th sailing....just wanted to let you all know I have been thinking of you all this week! I hope you have a great vacation!!! So happy for you all!! We watched you sail out on webcam and had a BIG sail away party here with family and friends! :cool1: Please post any pics and TR when the fairy dust has had a chance to cool!!!! Thanks!!! :worship:

Hello! Hope your enjoying your vacation. My family is sailing on 5/26 and was just wondering how they're working the BBB reservations. Thats one of the few things we'd like to do for my daughter on her bday 5/27. So when your home and relaxed please fill me in if possible. Thank you do much! Can't wait to sail.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT TIME, WE SAIL ON THE FANTASY NOV30th 2013. OUR FRIENDS ARE ON YOUR CRUISE. DAVE LAUREN MICHELLE AND MARK. HOPE THEY HAVE THEIR BEER BARGE FOR CC. IF YOU SEE THEM ON THE CRUISE SAY HI FOR ME, WE HAVE CRUISED TOGETHER MANY TIMES ON THE MEMBER CRUISE IN SEPT. AND I HOPE EVERYONE KNOWS THE THEME MUSIC TO JAWS FOR TERRIE:rotfl2:

Hello everyone and welcome back to land!

I know most of us are not looking forward to going to work, school, ect. on Monday but we have to.:sad1:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time from the Aqua Duck to Larry the Cable Guy(Get r done).

Have a safe trip home everyone!

Hello! My name is Greg, posting from stateroom 2020 on the Fantasy.

I have met a few DISboards people over the last few days while on board the maiden voyage. I just wanted to say hello to all the awesome people I've met, so that we can connect up on the facebook and be a part of the various meet-ups on board. Send me a message and I will give you my facebook info!

This is my first EVER cruise, and I am so happy to be a part of the Fantasy's maiden voyage. The ship is truly AMAZING, and it is the experience of a lifetime!

Hi Greg!! Jennifer here :D
It was great to meet you too!!

I think I speak for most of the Maiden Voyagers (and those of us who aren't maidens as well :lmao:) when I say WE HAD A FANTASTIC VOYAGE!!!!

For any of you thinking of doing the Fantasy, I think we all have one suggestion:

DO IT!!!

We all had such a great time, and Disney fixed all of the glitches that happened on the Dream MV that this was truly a TOAL! And the Fantasy is the most amazing ship in the fleet! You gotta see this ship! (and I say this as a ardent Magic fan.)

I'm sure others (and me) will post more later, but trust me: this was the real thing, and we are all so stunned and privileged to have been part of it.

Now, let us return the favour: MV'ers - tell people what happened to us, what you liked, and what they should look forward to.

"Get 'r dun!"

(And I'm not even a Larry the Cable Guy fan).

(Aside: one sea day, my DW and I got onto the elevator on deck 11 with me wearing my swim trunks and a long-ish shirt. L-T-C-G got on with his wife and beautiful 4(?) year old daughter, took one look at me and said, "So tell me, Slim - you got anything on under that?":rotfl2:

LMAO!

And, BTW, his daughter, as she moved past us, didn't just shove past us, but looked up, smiled, and said, "I'm sorry, excuse me" and then slid by. They say the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Larry and his wife have obviously worked on raising a polite child. Well done, man!

Just GO, for the love o' Pete! :banana::banana::banana:

Richard

It is hard to believe that it has been a week since we were on the Fantasy. It was a fantastic vacation. My favourite restaurant was Animator's Palate because of the "Animators Show Night". What better way to involve the guests. The 5K race is well organized, and it was motivating to have Donald Duck and other guests cheering you on at the 5K mark. I camped out at Satellite Falls for most of the sea days - no competition of getting a lounge on this ship. Looking forward to a quick trip on the Dream in November, and then a long wait to be back on the Fantasy Dec. 2013. Same room 7074.

I too can't believe that it's been a week since our cruise as well. I'm still sharing photos, talking about the ship and sharing stories with family and friends. I met some really wonderful people on this trip and I look forward to the next time I see them on a cruise. I feel very lucky to be a part of maiden voyage on the Disney Fantasy (stateroom 6672).

My next cruise is currently booked for a three day on the Dream in December but I think I will push that out to May 2013 for the Panama Canal Cruise.

We also had a Fantastic cruise! This one went really smoothly! Thank you all for the great FE gifts! We had fun at WDW after the cruise, parks were not as crowded as we expected, we actually got on some rides (since we will not wait more than 15 min for a ride). Thanks to all for making this trip so much fun!

Thank you all for the great FE gifts!

I'll second that! Also a special thank you to HallsofVA for being the first to provide me with something decent I could use as a fish extender after leaving mine at home. Up until then I had to leave a plastic bag up which looked awful! :laughing:

I'm so sad to be home. But to feed my addiction, I joined the thread for my upcoming cruise 11/4/13. :scared1: It only has 3ppl??? Guess they aren't excited as we were huh?

Boy first week back to work was tough. Kept daydreaming of what I'd be doing on the ship. LOL. Just wanted to say thank you for all the really cool FE gifts.This was our first time doing the FE. We had a ball snaeking around and puttng our Hershey candy bars and custom magnets in the FE's. We didn't put who it was from because I thoughtit was suppose to be secret. But if anyone needs a candy wrapper for their scrap book, let me know, have extras.Funny story about that. We ordered them on line. It was a $1.25 more if they came with the candy bar already wrapped. Well being thrifty (one has to be ,to be able to cruise and spend money in the gift shops) Well anyway, i think to myself. I'll just buy the wrappers and wrap them myself. Well that's exactly what i got. Wrappers by themself. Flat wrappers. there was not mention of some assambly required.I said forget that and re-ordered them with the candy.Thus has extra Maiden Voyage candy bar wrappers for the regular Hersheys candy bar.
We are on the Oct Hawaii cruise. It looks like there's quite a few of the MV crusiers on it. Already signed up for the FE and doing Facebook this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter