Indianapolis DIS Meet - 2nd Annual - All Welcome

Do we know if Jason, Susan, & Tonya are joining us for the Friday evening festivities? I'm wondering if our group might be larger than 16...maybe some folks are planning to attend but haven't told you yet? I saw that Todd plans to join us...Shanan & Jason? Anyone else?

Do we know if Jason, Susan, & Tonya are joining us for the Friday evening festivities? I'm wondering if our group might be larger than 16...maybe some folks are planning to attend but haven't told you yet? I saw that Todd plans to join us...Shanan & Jason? Anyone else?

I am planning on being there!!

That sounds fine with me, I will try to be there by 7:00.

I will be there as soon as traffic will allow.
See you guys there...Travel safely.

Hello Everyone--

I had hoped earlier in the summer to attend the Indianapolis DIS Meet as its not too far from me. However, last week I had to change travel plans from last week to this comming week. Sorry I will not be able to personally meet some of you folks that have been there for me since my husband, Caskbill, passed away in June. I am traveled out for this summer...but need to do this last trip before I am back to work.

Please know that we, Bill's family, heard and felt each kind thought and word that came our way. We are now moving ahead with other things and need to keep going day by day. Maybe next Year????

CaskPeg:teacher:
No problem at all Peg. We understand. We'll be thinking of you guys during the meet. Take care and be sure to check back here after the meet for pictures and a report on how everything went.

I, um, well I'll get there when you get there! ;)
Pretty much! :lmao:

Ok so our move went well so we are now planning on attending. DW (shawn - JCDisneyFan) and myself will be there. I plan to bring a couple of Fruit trays and will be bringing my immense collection of Disney Pins as well as my Video Camera.

Is it to late to get in on the fun on Friday night?

Thanks,

DisRailFan (Milford)

PS. We are now living in Noblesville again.
Great Milford! We'll see you there. I've officially marked you on the attendee list.

I am planning on being there!!
I've marked down Tonya on the list. I'm not sure about Jason and Susan. Guess we'll have to wait to hear from them.

It is from 1 to 6 so are we have lunch or are we having dinner as the meal? Also lets us know how to chill the food. Are we to bring plates, silverware or are they provided? Are we to bring our own drinks or are those provided, and if I could know what drinks they are if they are provided. My son has some food allergies so we need to bring his drink if he couldn't have what is provided. Is the 6:00 end pretty well set or could it last longer. It turns out that my wife brother lives 5 minutes from the fairgrounds so we have our lodging for the night. Would like to tell him what time to expect us. I guess that is it and I will see everyone next Saturday.

Where have I been?? I thought it was Sunday!! DH kept telling me it was Saturday - guess I'll have to listen to him more often. :rotfl:

We're probably/most likely bringing sticky wings (the Poly's recipe).

Put us down for sliced ham. Thanks Brumeiser see you next Saturday:banana::banana:
Great! I'll mark you down. Thanks!

Wow! It is getting close just checking in!! :love:
Very close. Are you coming to the group dinner?

It is from 1 to 6 so are we have lunch or are we having dinner as the meal? Also lets us know how to chill the food. Are we to bring plates, silverware or are they provided? Are we to bring our own drinks or are those provided, and if I could know what drinks they are if they are provided. My son has some food allergies so we need to bring his drink if he couldn't have what is provided. Is the 6:00 end pretty well set or could it last longer. It turns out that my wife brother lives 5 minutes from the fairgrounds so we have our lodging for the night. Would like to tell him what time to expect us. I guess that is it and I will see everyone next Saturday.
It can be lunch and dinner if you'd like. :)

There is a refrigerator onsite if you need to keep something cold. More than likely the pop will be in the refrigerator; however, there will be enough room to accommodate other items. Pop, water, and juice boxes will be provided for the kids. Also, all plates and utensils are provided. No need to bring any of that stuff. The meet will be over at 6:00PM; however, we can stay longer if we want to. We have the facility until midnight.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, if your Wife's brother wants to come to the meet, or anyone else please feel free to invite them. :)

Where have I been?? I thought it was Sunday!! DH kept telling me it was Saturday - guess I'll have to listen to him more often. :rotfl:

We're probably/most likely bringing sticky wings (the Poly's recipe).

Yup...Saturday! I'll mark you down for the wings. Awesome!

Hey all, Shanan and I are REALLY looking forward to next weekend (we're definitely there for D&B, too)! We still aren't sure what we are bringing (since we'll just pick something up from a grocery store on our way over), and are looking over what everyone is bringing, and try to fill in any gaps.

I've got a couple questions about Indy (sorry if I missed this being talked about earlier in the thread):
We want to go to a mall before the meet; what is the biggest/nicest in Indy?
On Sunday we'll be going to Rib-Fest downtown, where would you recommend to park?
Thanks for any help :)

Hey all, Shanan and I are REALLY looking forward to next weekend (we're definitely there for D&B, too)! We still aren't sure what we are bringing (since we'll just pick something up from a grocery store on our way over), and are looking over what everyone is bringing, and try to fill in any gaps.

I've got a couple questions about Indy (sorry if I missed this being talked about earlier in the thread):
We want to go to a mall before the meet; what is the biggest/nicest in Indy?
On Sunday we'll be going to Rib-Fest downtown, where would you recommend to park?
Thanks for any help :)
Yay!!! And Shanan will be getting a GINORMOUS hug from me since she thought I snubbed her on PCC 1.0! :hug:

I've never been to RibFest, but I would imagine that things will be well marked for parking and such...

For a mall...there's a brand new mall up in the Noblesville area. It's called Hamilton Town Center and it's right off of I-69 at exit 10. It's one of those outdoor malls though, so if it's rainy, it might not be as enjoyable of an experience. No Disney Store there though...for more of a traditional indoor mall, there's Castleton Square which is off of I-69 at exit 1 on 82nd Street. There is a Disney Store there. There's also the Fashion Mall at the Keystone at the Crossing area on 86th Street. It's a nice mall, and pretty good-sized, but it the stores are a lot more $$$ than Castleton. There are stores like Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Janie & Jack, Tiffany, Williams-Sonoma, and Crate & Barrel. Nice mall, but a wee bit pricey. It's near Castleton Square too.

Where are you guys staying?

aaronmckie~ There are several options for parking downtwon. On-street parking with a meter is free on weekends but during big events they cover a lot of the meters with no parking signs. You will find places a few blocks from the event. The other reasonable option is the parking garage near Circle Center Mall. It's reasonable ($1.50 for up to 3 hrs and $3 for up to 5 hrs) I usually opt to use the garage if street parking isn't readily available.

Very close. Are you coming to the group dinner?

I am waiting to hear from work, DH is off Friday and the boys have conferences after that we could be on our way! BUT if I have to work then that will delay us to arriving Saturday. (saving up for DAP)

I can't wait!! Wondering what Todd is wearing?? :confused3

Hey all!

I will be bringing a tomato pie; before you turn up your nose know that it is a savory main dish sort of item. :thumbsup2 It is meat free, although I think I am the only veggie in attendance.

I make gourmet cupcakes as a small side business and I was planning on bringing some of them, but since we have an official cake I guess that changes my plans.

See you all soon!

Hey all!

I will be bringing a tomato pie; before you turn up your nose know that it is a savory main dish sort of item. :thumbsup2 It is meat free, although I think I am the only veggie in attendance.

I make gourmet cupcakes as a small side business and I was planning on bringing some of them, but since we have an official cake I guess that changes my plans.

See you all soon!
I've wanted to do a gourmet cupcake business for awhile now...just don't have the facilities to do so! Are you here in the Indy area?

I had decided to make things a bit easier and do themed cupcakes instead of a mammoth cake this time. It was a bit of a hassle last year having to serve the cake because people were afraid to cut into it themselves. I figured that cupcakes would be better since people could serve themselves...but now I feel the pressure to present perfect cupcakes! :scared1: ;)

Hmmm...maybe it's back to the drawing board and time to reconsider doing a full on cake...:laughing:

:wave2:

Just popping in to say that I hope everyone has a great time next weekend (I know that you will) and I'll miss seeing everyone - including those of you who are coming far from Indy.

Party for Phillip and me!:banana:

:wave2:

Just popping in to say that I hope everyone has a great time next weekend (I know that you will) and I'll miss seeing everyone - including those of you who are coming far from Indy.

Party for Phillip and me!:banana:

Hello Dodie and Phillip, We will miss u two this year but wished we were going to the World with you guys COME ON 12/17......Hope you guys are well. Shawn+Heather

I've wanted to do a gourmet cupcake business for awhile now...just don't have the facilities to do so! Are you here in the Indy area?

I had decided to make things a bit easier and do themed cupcakes instead of a mammoth cake this time. It was a bit of a hassle last year having to serve the cake because people were afraid to cut into it themselves. I figured that cupcakes would be better since people could serve themselves...but now I feel the pressure to present perfect cupcakes! :scared1: ;)

Hmmm...maybe it's back to the drawing board and time to reconsider doing a full on cake...:laughing:

I am here in the Indy area. Thus far I am very small because I do not have a commercial facility. I have been relying on word of mouth because technically I cannot advertise selling cakes. (Darn board of health! :laughing:) I started doing large cakes (mostly stacked fondant covered), but my cupcakes have really taken off. I have a basic recipe that I use and then tweek it to make new combinations. I came up with a new one just this weekend. :thumbsup2 No pressure to make a great cake, I just love seeing what other people come up with. :goodvibes

So what about you? Do you make cakes professinally? :confused3

I am here in the Indy area. Thus far I am very small because I do not have a commercial facility. I have been relying on word of mouth because technically I cannot advertise selling cakes. (Darn board of health! :laughing:) I started doing large cakes (mostly stacked fondant covered), but my cupcakes have really taken off. I have a basic recipe that I use and then tweek it to make new combinations. I came up with a new one just this weekend. :thumbsup2 No pressure to make a great cake, I just love seeing what other people come up with. :goodvibes

So what about you? Do you make cakes professinally? :confused3
No...not professionally. I pretty much just do it for fun right now. I went through Ivy Tech's Culinary Arts program on the baking and pastry arts side, but haven't done anything with it yet. I'm now pursuing my Bachelors degree in business administration. I've toyed with the idea of doing a cupcake business here in town, but just don't have the resources to do so right now. I think that a business like that would go over really well up here in the Fishers/Noblesville area!

I'll be there as fast and as safely as I can. I am planning on staying after a couple days this week so I can sneak out of work a little early on Friday and get a leg up on traffic.

I am waiting to hear from work, DH is off Friday and the boys have conferences after that we could be on our way! BUT if I have to work then that will delay us to arriving Saturday. (saving up for DAP)

I can't wait!! Wondering what Todd is wearing?? :confused3

Hmmm...the time stamp says you wrote this on Sunday, so it was jeans, a Mickey shirt and my yellow Teddy Roosevelt hat--I was at a camp reunion, so I wore what I would wear to camp. If you would have asked on Saturday, I could have answered 'a yard and a half of tartan plaid' and my multi-use period shirt. (Also used it as my pirate shirt for PCC 1.0...didn't care for the one that came with the rest of the outfit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter