Indianapolis DIS Meet - 2nd Annual - All Welcome

at the Winks bldg at the fairgrounds? And if so is it hard to find? Thanks
The meet is at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville. I don't have the exact address on me at the moment, but if you are heading North on SR37, turn left at the stoplight where you will see an M&I Bank on one corner, a Dodge dealership on another, and the Tractor Supply Company on another. Then at the 1st light, turn left again and you should see all of the cars and the buildings on your right.

I hope that helps and doesn't confuse anyone! We'll be pretty hard to miss...:)

Can't wait!

at the Winks bldg at the fairgrounds? And if so is it hard to find? Thanks

The meet is at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville. I don't have the exact address on me at the moment, but if you are heading North on SR37, turn left at the stoplight where you will see an M&I Bank on one corner, a Dodge dealership on another, and the Tractor Supply Company on another. Then at the 1st light, turn left again and you should see all of the cars and the buildings on your right.

I hope that helps and doesn't confuse anyone! We'll be pretty hard to miss...:)

Can't wait!
Just wanted to add there is a link in post 1 with the location information to the Winks building if you need it.

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread to follow along with the fun. I hope everyone has a great time.

If you can't join em, follow em! :goodvibes

I hope everyone has a great time! ::yes::

Woo hoo! We just checked into the Four Point by Sheraton in Carmel! I guess that they took over the Raddison. It is pretty nice...and hey can't beat free internet! :cool1:

We have had a ton of fun on our trip down with Flattie Jaime.
I am going to start a TR soonish of Jaime's adventures in Indy...but until then here are a few pics. :rotfl: I really don't know if Jason and I will be in any! :confused3

Jaime drinking some Root Beer
100_4768.jpg

This girl loved her and I asked her to take a picture with her and the cook
100_4770.jpg

Battle of Tippecanoe
100_4780.jpg

Checking in
100_4785.jpg

I can't wait to see/meet some of you tonight and more of you tomorrow! :woohoo:

I don't know how we missed this thread, considering it's going on in our backyard! Have fun!

Ugh! A last minute change of plans means that we will not be there tomorrow. :sad1: Have fun and we will be watching the boards for 2010! :hippie:

I don't know how we missed this thread, considering it's going on in our backyard! Have fun!
It's still not too late. Feel free to join us tomorrow. :)

Ugh! A last minute change of plans means that we will not be there tomorrow. :sad1: Have fun and we will be watching the boards for 2010! :hippie:
Sorry you can't make it. If anything changes please let us know.

Looks like everyone had a great night last night. I'm sure more is in store for today! Have a great time today everyone. :thumbsup2

Hope everybody has a great time this weekend at the Indy meet. Sure would like to have been there, but this is my weekend this week. :cloud9: (I presume you got my PM from a few weeks back, Aaron). Had to cancel my days at the Nationals also, but great being here with family.

Last year's meet, planned by Aaron and so many, and the earlier years by me, have always been great. Though the earlier ones paled in comparison to last year's. :cool1:

I plan on being there next year, both the meet and races. I am sure there will be a 3rd annual Indy meet, right?

Aaron, please say hello to your folks and family, and a shout out to everyone I met last year and previous years. Have a great time everybody. :cool1:

Sorry I'm missing you all today! I am still wiped out from our recent trip to WDW. Much too tired to drive back to Indy. I hope I get to see everyone next year though! Have fun!:banana:

Hope you all have a most excellent time. Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but we are in full swing preparing for the Yankee Peddler Festival and my two co-pilots are both away at college. I hope to see some of you in December at DIS-a-palooza and I promise to try to make next year's party.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos and hearing all about today's event.

Hey Aaron it's been a great time here at the meet. Thanks so much for putting this on and being incharge. Fun was had by all I'm sure. And we won't forget the end of the auction with the race to the finish.

:goodvibes We had a very nice time today. What a great facility! What great activities! What great company! What great weather! GREAT MEET, AARON! Thanks so much!

The Dole Whip machine and colorful cupcake display!

P1040876.jpg

The big ol' food table:
P1040877.jpg

Matt (my DH) enjoying the tastes of Aloha Isle:
P1040879.jpg

Shae (my DD) loving the cupcakes. She had at least 2!
P1040880.jpg

Facepainting station:
P1040881.jpg

Close up of the artwork:
P1040882.jpg

And, the other cheek:
P1040883.jpg

Shae checking it out in the mirror:
P1040884.jpg

Shae made a little red-headed friend:
P1040885.jpg

See how happy she is about it!?
P1040886.jpg

If only Betsy and Aubree were here, we could've had a Ginger summit!

Tyson made a new friend too. He was so happy that there were boys his age hanging around:
P1040887.jpg

And, yes, he is making that face on purpose. I TOLD him I was posting it!!

Photos from the hula hoop competition, which was won by an IMPRESSIVE performance from Anna, Aaron's DD:
P1040888.jpg

P1040889.jpg

P1040890.jpg

P1040891.jpg

Kids' Zone area, with coloring and KidCot masks!
P1040892.jpg

Friendly Dis Fellowship:
P1040893.jpg

Thanks again to Aaron and his family who put in so much work. And thanks to everyone who was able to show up early to set up and stay later to tear down and clean. Those of us who just waltzed in, ate, played, bid, colored, ate, and left, owe you MANY THANKS!!

See y'all next year!
Susie

Saturday, September. 5th

Hi Everyone,

Phew! What fun! Thanks to everyone for coming out today. We had a great time! A total of 65 plus were in attendance today. All the food and activites were great. Thanks to everyone for participating in all the activities; especially the silent auction. We raised $1500 for Give Kids the World throughout the course of the meet. GREAT JOB EVERYONE! And, special thanks to everyone who donated an auction itme or prize to the meet. Your generosity is much appreciated and helped make the Indy a meet a success for all the right reasons.

A meet like this doesn't happen without the help of many people. Thanks to everyone who played a role in making the meet a success. Just seeing the food on the table was an accomplisment. The food was awesome, and some dishes were over the top. A special thanks goes to Jason, Susan, Brandie and Matthew for doing such a wonderful job wit our Tiki Corner which included authentic Dole Whips and great cupcakes!
Picture265-2-1.jpg

Picture267-2-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who supplied food for the meet. The table was full of great food to sample. Yummmo!
Picture268-1-1.jpg

Somebody brought Mickey rice krispy treats!
Picture269-2-1.jpg

We walked into the hall this morning and everything was empty as we expected.
Picture259-2-1.jpg

CopyofPicture261-1.jpg

In the opposite corner of the hall we had kids activities. The kids activities included Art of Disney Animation drawing class, coloring, limbo contest on the front stage, Nemo Hot Potato game, and a Kidcot Fun Spot where the children could decorate their own Kidcot mask.
CopyofPicture264-1.jpg

Picture266-2-1.jpg

Art of Disney Animation
Picture270-2-1.jpg

Part of the meet included a silent auction table which included items like a 7 night stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort and much, much more. Together we raised $1500 for Give Kids the World. Thanks Everyone! :)
CopyofPicture263-1.jpg

So, another Indy Meet has come and gone. It was great seeing everyone again. This time we did something truly amazing. We raised money for a very worthy cause. It just goes to show you, having fun and doing something life changing at the same time is possible.

Until next year...."See You Real Soon"!!! :wave2:
CopyofPicture258-1.jpg

Aaron, you and the Fam ROCK! :rockband:

We had a great time and met wonderful new Disney friends! We can't wait until next time. :thumbsup2

P.S. Isn't the Dole Whip Wonderful! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter