Indianapolis DIS Meet - 3rd Annual - All Welcome

Aaron,
I've had a family issue come up that I need to take care of on Saturday so I will not be able to make it. I'm lucky that my flight back from Plano is actually today so I can be home on Saturday at least. Sorry for the short notice and I'm sad because I've been looking forward to this since the last one.
Scott

I am coming too! Dannee from the Moms Panel told me about it, but I did not find this thread until today!

So excited!

Sooo looking forward to tomorow. We might be leaving here early, if we do I would be glad to help with set up. See yall tomorrow!

How does italian beef sound? I can bring some if more food is needed...I will also bring chocolate chip cookies too, can't ever have too many of those

Aaron,
I've had a family issue come up that I need to take care of on Saturday so I will not be able to make it. I'm lucky that my flight back from Plano is actually today so I can be home on Saturday at least. Sorry for the short notice and I'm sad because I've been looking forward to this since the last one.
Scott
Sorry to hear Scott. If anything changes let us know.

Leaving Chicago now :drive:, see you all tomorrow. :cool1:
See you soon Dan. Safe travels.

Sooo looking forward to tomorow. We might be leaving here early, if we do I would be glad to help with set up. See yall tomorrow!

How does italian beef sound? I can bring some if more food is needed...I will also bring chocolate chip cookies too, can't ever have too many of those
The food sounds great Shelly. Thanks and see you tomorrow.

I will bring some Pineapple Chicken.

Mike
That sounds great Mike. Thanks!

We live just a few miles from there and would like to join in the fun on Saturday. It will be my husband and I along with our two daughters (3 yrs old and 2 months old). We'll bring some chips and popcorn.

I guess I forgot to include our names. Sorry. I am Erin. My husband is Bob. Our 3 year old is Madelyn and the baby is Hannah. We are looking forward to lots of fun tomorrow!

I will be attending this year, I am 17, I have an amazing collection of pins and traders, I have many, many vinylmations as well, including new ones, I also have what they call disney big little books/better little books, I also have very old disney metal lunch boxes, and have a disney/coca-cola semi truck. I am open to trading and selling, this should be a greay opportunity to meet other disney enthusiasts

We're here!!! We're camping close to Anderson. Can't til tomorrow!!!
See you tomorrow.

I guess I forgot to include our names. Sorry. I am Erin. My husband is Bob. Our 3 year old is Madelyn and the baby is Hannah. We are looking forward to lots of fun tomorrow!
Got it...Thanks! I've updated the first page. See you tomorrow.

I will be attending this year, I am 17, I have an amazing collection of pins and traders, I have many, many vinylmations as well, including new ones, I also have what they call disney big little books/better little books, I also have very old disney metal lunch boxes, and have a disney/coca-cola semi truck. I am open to trading and selling, this should be a greay opportunity to meet other disney enthusiasts
Sounds great! We'll have a table setup for pin trading and other trading activities. My daughter will be bringing her collection of pins too.

DISMeetSept42011143.jpg

We had our DIS meet today and it went off smoothly. For those who could not make it for some reason or another I will be posting pictures of the DIS meet to this thread in the upcoming week. I snapped off about 150 pictures, I am not going to put them all on here but I will put a good many here. So it will be like a DIS meet trip report if you will.

We had a fabulous time! It was good to see our DIS friends :hug: and make some new ones. :grouphug:

Thank you Aaron, Kim, Anna, Family and Friends for a wonderful event! :thumbsup2

:disrocks:

The hall was set for people to come I arrived a little after noon and the place was pretty much set up. I brought the Pineapple Chicken with green and red bell peppers. The dish was made from scratch and it seemed to go over well as it was half gone by the end of the meet and greet.

They had a kids corner. This is empty now but soon kids will be coloring, having their faces painted and even an art class to draw Mickey.
DISMeetSept42011003.jpg

The crowd is starting to roll in here as people start to gather this is on the right side of the hall facing the stage.
DISMeetSept42011014.jpg

As people came in, so did the food. There was a lot of food as it was all delicious. People filled their tummies quite full. I heard Clarence say he was stuffed and couldn't eat anymore when we left at the end of the meet.
DISMeetSept42011017.jpg

Around the room mostly in the corners and draping the stage were cardboard cutouts of various Walt Disney characters. This couple was posing for a shot taken by Dan as he graciously told the husband of the couple he would take a shot of them using their camera.
DISMeetSept42011019.jpg

This lady was getting her picture taken by Minnie Mouse.
DISMeetSept42011064.jpg

Of course some pin trading went on. I graciously gave two kids an extra lanyard I didn't need anymore and each got a pin by me of what they wanted. Young and old traded pins on Saturday. Here is the pin trading table.
DISMeetSept42011027.jpg

This all I am going to do tonight, I am tired and haven't had much sleep in the past couple of days. I will post more tomorrow night.

Great pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing. :) I didn't even make it over to see your pins...:headache:

For those who haven't seen our Facebook page we've updated our totals for Give Kids the World.

Over 100 people came out for the meet. Together we raised $1400 for Give Kids the World. You should all feel very proud of what we've accomplished for Give Kids the World. They will be very pleased with our generous donation. It's truly amazing we were able to raise that much money in a 5 hour time span.

A special thank you again to the Disney World Moms Panel who provided free goodies and several meet prizes and auction items. We truly appreciate it.

Mike....Thanks for taking all the photos yesterday. We are looking forward to seeing all of them. The pineapple chicken was excellent.

Remember from the first post of this report I mentioned a kids corner? Well here are some pictures of the kids with their faces being painted. One adult even got a Mickey Magical Hat painted on his cheek. Here are the pictures from the kids corner.

I don't know what this was going to be but both the face painter girl and the recipient of the face painting was smiling and joyful to get their face painted.
DISMeetSept42011020.jpg

This girl was in the midst of getting painted like a dalmation dog on her face. From her name tag her name is Anna.
DISMeetSept42011034.jpg

This was the finished product. She was happy to pose for a picture and happy she got it done. You will see more of her when we do the door prizes. It looked like this young girl was having a lot of fun.
DISMeetSept42011038.jpg

Here is a little boy getting a picture painted on his cheek. There were two young girls who were doing the face painting. It looked like both knew what they were doing. One of the face painters was the teacher on how to draw mickey art class they had later on in the day.
DISMeetSept42011035.jpg

This little girl was bashful but after it was over she got what she wanted.
DISMeetSept42011051.jpg

Here is another of her getting a picture painted on her cheek.
DISMeetSept42011052.jpg

This little guy didn't want to sit still he kept shaking his head back and forth. The face painter was patient with the little one and his mom held his head so she could finish.
DISMeetSept42011054.jpg

Another one of him.
DISMeetSept42011055.jpg

This little girl really liked what she got painted on her face.
DISMeetSept42011069.jpg

This little girl was a little bigger than some but she sat down to get her face painted as well.
DISMeetSept42011070.jpg

Here is our t-shirt salesman getting the Mickey Fantasia Hat on his cheek. I guess he was the only brave adult in the bunch to get their face painted. I will show you his table later but this a first glimpse of him.
DISMeetSept42011053.jpg

In the kids corner they had faces like they have at Epcot where the kids could color the face however they wanted. Here are a couple of kids coloring in the kids corner.
DISMeetSept42011065.jpg

DISMeetSept42011067.jpg

DISMeetSept42011068.jpg

Later on in the day after the face painting, they had a class on how to draw Mickey's face. The young girl teaching the class was also one of the face painters. I believe her tag said Sarah but I can't really remember.
DISMeetSept42011091.jpg

Here are the kids trying to draw Mickey's face whether they succeded or not didn't matter they had fun doing it.
DISMeetSept42011087.jpg

Here is a close up. Maybe you know this kid. This is one of the kids whom I gave a lanyard and a pin.
DISMeetSept42011090.jpg

There were other activities that went on during the day here are some hula hooping and jumping rope.
DISMeetSept42011092.jpg

A young lad trying to jump rope. They had a jump rope competition later but I was too busy talking to people to get any pictures of that.
DISMeetSept42011096.jpg

This young lady was trying to keep the children occupied as the grownups mingled and talked. Here they are on the stage in a circle trying to make a hula hoop go around the circle without breaking hands. They had a lot of fun doing this.
DISMeetSept42011112.jpg

DISMeetSept42011107.jpg

DISMeetSept42011108.jpg

Did I mention food? Here is another shot of the buffet table and how much food there was.
DISMeetSept42011016.jpg

The kids also played twister but everytime I tried to get a shot of that they were doing something else. Oh well can't win them all. Well that's it for the kid's activities. You will see them again when we get to drawing of the door prizes.:dance3:

Great pics, Mike.:thumbsup2

Young lady w/ hula-hoops is Kyla. She's trying to get into the nursing program to be a pediatric nurse.

Great pics, Mike.:thumbsup2

Young lady w/ hula-hoops is Kyla. She's trying to get into the nursing program to be a pediatric nurse.

mdvlprof thanks for that info and we wish her all the luck getting into nursing school. Its a hard one to get into. I had a sister who didn't make it through nursing school. She never said why she wouldn't go back. Oh well such is life.

Nice pics Mike! I will post some of mine as well. My son is one of the kids that you gave a lanyard to. He was down because he couldn't find his pins to trade. You made his day! Nice picture of me getting my face painted. It was a nice Sorcer's hat. :wizard: My son took a picture but it wasn't focused. It was good to talk to you during the meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter