Inexpensive gifts for classmates?

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Hi! I've been lurking on these boards for several months and have read a lot of great advice here (thanks!), but now that my trip is coming up, I want to start asking some last minute questions.

So, one thing I need help with is gifts for my daughter's kindergarten classmates. We'd like to bring a little something back, either something for the class to share, or individual gifts. I really don't want to spend more than a couple dollars for each kid, so I'd love some suggestions. I was thinking about Mickey pencils, stickers, etc. Plus I've heard about Disney giving out free promotional pins— is that something they do frequently? How do I get some?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

:Pinkbounc What comes to my mind for the whole class is a fun photo frame that would be nice to put the current class picture in. It would be kind of hard to buy individual gifts for the class, even magnets can add up!

We like to purchase a bag of Mickey-shaped pretzels at the World of Disney store, chocolate coins with the characters' pictures and also the character shortbread cookies. These could be used for snack time in Kindergarten.

Pressed pennies would be a fun thing your daughter could get for each child. :)

.51 each

They are available all over WDW.

Your daughter could get a pressed penny book for herself to keep hers in and bring back duplicate pennies for her classmates.

There was a heated thread (and a debate) on this vary topic not too long ago.

If you are set on doing this, I would lean toward making it a class gift instead of a individual gift.

I was going to provide you the links but search isn't working for me...

We picked up a Pooh Book/CD set (about $6.00) at the outlet mall for my daughter's kindergarten class. The teacher was thrilled and actually used it in class unlike all the other books which we donated from the book fairs. We also brought back the Mickey cookies for snack time.

What about some kind of candy or snacks....someone mentioned the pretzels, or maybe some Mickey suckers or something?

I'm definitely leaning towards bringing back Mickey-shaped snacks. I just hope my daughter's teacher doesn't mind all the little darlings hopped up on sugar. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

We brought back a box of the character chocolate coins for my daughter's first grade class to enjoy. The Mickey pencils are $2.50 each!!!

My DS always buys his entire class postcards from WDW and they seem to love them. We buy the 10 for $1 or whatever we can find at the souvenier stops near WDW and then buy a large bag of Mickey suckers at Dollar General so they get a sucker and a postcard. He has fun choosing which card for which friend. Have a wonderful trip!

Do they have cooking time at your daughter's school? If so how about bring back a box of Mickey shaped pasta.
(I teach pre-k and we have to have a cooking experience each week.)

I love the post card idea!

We usually buy the lollipops wrapped with Mickey's face. I believe you get 10 in a bundle. They are varied colors, shaped like Mickey's head and have Mickey's face on the celophane. They are sold throughout all of the parks.

Have fun!

We usually bought the pretzels and pencils. They had pencils that came in a package of 5 or 6 for a couple of dollars. The shaped pencils can get very expensive for an entire class. What about going to a local target or walmart and getting mickey pencils there? BTW, I really like the postcard idea. Your child could pick out the cards and you could write something on the back from Mickey.

Wow, thanks for all the great ideas, y'all! Would I be able to get any of the food items at the Character Warehouse at the Belz Outlet?

When we were in Disney last year we were lucky enough to have dinner at Cinderella's castle. My DD got a Mickey shaped straw in her drink. DD thought this would be the perfect gift to bring back to her classmates. I asked the waiter if we could buy 20 of the straws and he said he would ask. When he returned he had 21 straws (all one color to avoid fights) for DD in a little bag. I can't remember how much they we I think they were 5 cents, DH thinks they were FREE. I know they were CHEAP and the kids loved them. DD also brought back some chocolate coins for the class. I am a teacher and I think the idea of postcards or a class book etc is a great idea. I have a special book that was a gift from a former child that I allow the children to take turns taking home to read to their families. . If you do buy a book for the class remember to write and inscription in the front cover.

Great ideas, D and Ls Mom! Especially the straws. We're having breakfast at the castle our last day there, so I'll be sure to ask about the straws.

You can ask one of the CMs for the free stickers they hand out. They will tear you off a bunch. Even if the first CM did not hand you enough you could hit up a few more!

We never bring back food because some of the children in by DSs class have diabetes. Some of the things we have brought back are pens, they sell them in packs of 5 for maybe $6, books for the teacher to read to the class, stickers or ink pads for the teacher to use on their papers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter