• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inexpensive gifts for classmates?

We brought back Mickey candy sticks for each of my DS's classmates, along with stickers they gave out at the parks. We came home with so many stickers we didn't know what to do with them all! (and they're free!) The candy sticks were bought in the Main Street Sweet Shop; I think they were 10 cents/each. They had Mickey on the wrapper, and came in all flavors. Hope this helps! I always spend a good deal of time deciding what to bring back for friends, family, etc., so I know what you're going through! Have fun!
:Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc :D

I work in a daycare and I usually bring something back for the kids from my trips. The book is a GREAT idea. I have bought a bag of suckers at Wal-mart for .97 cents. You get about 10 suckers in them. I agree with checking the stores outside of WDW...they tend to be cheaper, and the kids will NEVER know that you didn't get them in a park. I also like the straw idea...I may be doing this on my upcoming trip.

I really like the idea of hitting up the CM's for stickers and then buying something for the classroom that the kids will enjoy all year! Probably going for a CD of Disney tunes or a book and CD combo.

We bought little button pins, about the size of a quarter. There were about 10 of them in one package. They had several different ones in each package like TOT, BTM railroad, Space Mtn., etc.

If you are looking for great gift ideas for best friends or teachers we bought some postcards and had characters sign them. If you have been to WDW more than once you know you see Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, etc, several times. So after they signed our books the first time they started signing postcards instead.

Good luck

We just returned and Luckly my son only has 9 kids in his class, so it made it a little easier and cheaper for us to bring back something for each of them. Each child got a character pen and a bag of mickey pretzels. Then when we were in Epcot at the World Showcase, we got sometime of food from every country for them to all share. So far all the kids and the teacher love it. They are eating something different each day.
Gina

There is a strip mall on Palm Parkway. In 2000 they sold Mickey and minnie pens that have heads that light. At that time they sold for 50 cents.

You guys all have really great ideas! I too was wondering what to bring back for my children's friends. I think the pretzel snacks sounds good, and to donate a book to each classroom. The pre-school is focusing on reading so this will fit into their theme nicely!

Great ideas everyone!

Last year I had bought big Mickey suckers at the Belz character outlet for .99 cents a piece. When I told the CM they were for my twins Kindergarten class she got so excited and proceeded to individually wrap each in tissue and their own WDW bag. Inside each bag she put about 5 various stickers and then a Magic Kingdom map. I took that idea at each park I put in a map too. They were such a hit that about 5 mothers in the class told me they booked Disney vacations because of it!

Liz Day

Great ideas from visiting WDW, but how about if you are going on the cruise?

This was a huge hit in my DD's 6th grade class, she got the HUGE Goofy taffy's they were .60 cents a piece.

My DD received a Mickey shaped lollypop in class from a student returning from WDW. It was just a small clear pop in the shape (outline) of Micky with a long stick. She loved it. I believe they can be purchased in a bundle of 5. If you make that purchase at the right store in DDD then you can use your Disney Club card. Or buy them from a Disney Store before you even leave and you can be sure to get the discount.

I like the chocolate coin idea very much as well.

133 days till we are off!!!

We actually just did the straw idea. We were in MK on our last day and we noticed the straws in the confectionary. We talked to a great CM and asked her if we could buy some straws without the marshmallows. She phoned a supervisor and asked how many we needed (we needed 50 the three adults work in a child care centre). She went in the back and came out with 50 straws and we asked her how much and she said..."Don't worry about it." We thanked her then went to City Hall and let them know how much of a help she was! We never expected to get them all for free! Thanks to the great CM.
Twinz
PS the children loved the straws...one even sleeps with his!

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Last year i got all the kids key chains but not his year! this year they are getting straws!

All these ideas sound so cute. I do not have children yet, but bringing something back to share with the class seems like a nice gesture. In my personal opinion, I think something for the whole class to share (book, snack food, activity) is a better idea than individual gifts. I thought the idea with the park maps in the bags was nice, especially since some other mothers said they were going to WDW now because of it, but it made me pause and think. You don't want to be flaunting your family's good fortune to be able to take vacations in the face of the other kids and parents. If a family could not afford a trip to WDW you might be unintentionally causing problems by putting that seed of desire into a childs head. Just something to keep in mind!

Just returned, and we decided to buy the Mickey shaped pretzels for 79 cents a bag. My DD brought them in today in a WDW bag and the kids were very excited.

Thanks for the ideas. This was inexpensive, and everyone could share.

I copied this from another post I read -- don't know if these activity books would be appropriate as gifts, but maybe. Does anyone know?

"Instead of getting the Passports at Epcot, check with a CM at the gate, and see if they have any of the Kidcot Activity Books. These take the kids through Epcot, (FW and WS) and best of all, the price can't be beat... FREE!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter