INFO on # of characters at Minnie and Friend's CB

Geemo

DIS Veteran
We went to Minnie’s CB on Tuesday (10-3-17) morning. In the past we have seen about ten or so characters. So this is what I was expecting.

Others here, have mentioned their disappointment with the number of (or lack of) characters when they have gone.

Tuesday, we saw Minnie on arrival. Then Hook, Tigger, Chip n’ Dale, FairyGodmother and Eeyore came to the table.

We kept our seats waiting for others to come. A CM asked if there was a problem and I said we were just waiting for the others to come by. The CM told me….. That, that was all for today. I asked where the others were and the CM said…. That mice Suzie, Perala, as well as Rafaki, Pooh and any others ONLY come out on the weekends.

Six character's is still a good number. However, had I known this I'd of booked for a weekend. We're here for a full week and I would have swapped StoreyTeller's day from Sat to Tue.

So Lesson Learned, for the most characters at a Minnie’s CB…

Book a weekend!

Geemo

DISCLAIMER – Info per CM in south solarium on October 3,2017.
I hope this information is helpful to those planning to attend Minnie's in the near future. I also hope it's true...

I'd love to hear some more feedback on this. If that's the case, I need to change our ADR for our upcoming trip.

Would this be the same during holidays? And busy days? I was going to do a res on a Thursday..

We had breakfast with Minnie this morning. We saw Minnie at the entrance, then Gheppetto, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Max, Rafiki, Fairy Godmother, Chip, Dale, and Captain Hook.

Captain Hook gave my daughter a rose! It was amazing!

I happened to see one of my former students who works with characters earlier this week, and she mentioned that the character shifts get "all screwed up" when the Halloween parties are going on. Normally even if the park is open late, there aren't many character shifts late, so those party shifts affect other shifts during the regular week.

I wonder if that's potentially affecting how many characters are there?

I happened to see one of my former students who works with characters earlier this week, and she mentioned that the character shifts get "all screwed up" when the Halloween parties are going on. Normally even if the park is open late, there aren't many character shifts late, so those party shifts affect other shifts during the regular week.

I wonder if that's potentially affecting how many characters are there?

It's not only during parties. They seem to mess up big time when park hours change too.

One trip two years ago a friend of mine and I were walking past after buying pins during EMH. Imagine our surprise when Rafiki started playing peek-a-aboo with us through the hedge. Then we heard a bang. More banging. Dale was hitting the window pane with both paws trying to get our attention. We looked at each other confused. Then we realized the place was deserted. No one there. We both said: "I think I am hungry now, want bacon?" and went to check in. Got in without reservation. We were the only ones in the whole freaking restaurant for over 20 minutes until others realized and two more groups came in. Dale came running to lead us in. At one point we had six characters fuzzing about us at the same time.

Turned out the park hours had changed and they did remember to change the character schedules, but did not change the reservation times. Which resulted in majorly bored characters.

We are booked for a Saturday next month, I hope this means we get to see a bunch of characters! Thank you for this info, I had been thinking of moving my reservation to a weekday but I certainly won't now.

We went to Minnie’s CB on Tuesday (10-3-17) morning. In the past we have seen about ten or so characters. So this is what I was expecting.

Others here, have mentioned their disappointment with the number of (or lack of) characters when they have gone.

Tuesday, we saw Minnie on arrival. Then Hook, Tigger, Chip n’ Dale, FairyGodmother and Eeyore came to the table.

We kept our seats waiting for others to come. A CM asked if there was a problem and I said we were just waiting for the others to come by. The CM told me….. That, that was all for today. I asked where the others were and the CM said…. That mice Suzie, Perala, as well as Rafaki, Pooh and any others ONLY come out on the weekends.

Six character's is still a good number. However, had I known this I'd of booked for a weekend. We're here for a full week and I would have swapped StoreyTeller's day from Sat to Tue.

So Lesson Learned, for the most characters at a Minnie’s CB…

Book a weekend!

Geemo

DISCLAIMER – Info per CM in south solarium on October 3,2017.
I hope this information is helpful to those planning to attend Minnie's in the near future. I also hope it's true...

We were there the day before - 10am reservation on Monday 10/2.
We saw 10 characters.
Photo and M&G with Minnie on arrival (your photo on arrival didn’t used to include Minnie or a character so that is an improvement)
then during breakfast: Max, Peter Pan, Capt Hook, Rafiki, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger & Eeyore.
Some were a bit of hard work like the ‘Pooh’ characters who kept bypassing our table - we were sitting inside on the T/L side but in a corner & they came in to that area 3 times and left without seeing us. Moved to a table closer to the walk thru area (after restaurant had cleared out a bit) & most then stopped- Tigger was the only one we had to go chase down before leaving, we were there ~ 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hrs.

We did 2 other character meals on our trip - Storytellers & Goofy’s - and Goofy’s would have been the best out of the 3. Character interaction was the most organised and easy there (although Storytellers was fine, just not many characters which we already knew)
Goofy’s we saw: Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale

Those of you that have gone and are going soon, please report back.
The thought of finding a trend in when to see the most characters doesn't look too promising.

It will be interesting what we can hear from those going in the near future.
Problem with Disney.... It's all subject to change......

Thanks everyone.

Geemo

We went on Tuesday, 10/3, at 10:20am. Saw Minnie at arrival, then Eeyore, Chip & Dale, Fairy Godmother, Pip, and Tigger. Minnie then came to our table, so we got to spend more time with her. We saw Hook, but he did not stop by. I'm sure he would have if we'd made an effort to flag him.

Yesterday (Thurs. 10/5) as we passed the Plaza and I saw Rafiki out and about on the porch.

The thought of finding a trend in when to see the most characters doesn't look too promising.

It will be interesting what we can hear from those going in the near future.
Problem with Disney.... It's all subject to change......

Thanks everyone.

Geemo
Yes please!

We are going during xmas/nye and were going to do ninnies on Thurs but would switch to Sat if more characters will be there. I'm hoping that since it is during a busy time everyday is considered a "weekend".

In a few days i will be doing my reservations for Breakfast with Minnie? how has it been lately? characters during the week? Do they leave early?

Any recent reviews?

In a few days i will be doing my reservations for Breakfast with Minnie? how has it been lately? characters during the week? Do they leave early?

Any recent reviews?

When do you go? I'll be there next Saturday (4th), I'm eager to see who we have the chance to meet!

When do you go? I'll be there next Saturday (4th), I'm eager to see who we have the chance to meet!
We actually do not leave until Dec 27:D But I will be making reservations next week. I kept reading how some days there were only a few characters and only on the weekends most were out or that if i make a late reservation i might not see many characters either. I am a planner and making reservations means we are almost there.

Haha that's totally fair! We are going late, 10:30, so hopefully that's good timing but it seems hard to predict. It's our first park morning, so we didn't want to go too early :)

We went to the breakfast at the Plaza Inn during our trip at the end of May earlier this year. One of the CMs (a character handler) said that they guarantee that you'll meet 4 characters (Minnie being 1 of them). So anything else above that is gravy. :-)

Just to add to the info here, we went this past Monday, 10/23, and saw Minnie and check in, then Dale, Pooh, Pinocchio, Captain Hook, Eyeore, Max, Fairy God Mother, and Rafiki. We went 40 minutes after open. I think Chip was outside, but we didn't see him inside, though Dale came by twice.

I have done Minnie's Breakfast five times over the last five years. Going again in January and will do it again. I have never seen less than 10 characters. I have always done the breakfast at a later time in the morning (usually a start time around 9:30 to 10:30, depending on the start time of the day). I have gone during the week and on the weekends. On two occasions I did need to ask the staff at the front to ensure the characters would be coming to our area and was always greeted with understanding and characters eventually. I hope everyone has a wonderful experience because I have always enjoyed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter