Insomniacs unite

Some nights I don’t get to sleep until after midnight, but then I don’t wake up until nine or ten. Last night I was tired and went to bed around nine-thirty, fell asleep right away and didn’t wake up until just before six, which was when I had my alarm set for. I would like my sleep habits to be more consistent, but they are what they are. So long as I get at least eight hours of sleep, I am able to function.

I do have to watch my caffeine intake though. No caffeine after noon or I won’t sleep at all.
:cloud9: Ah, that would be a dream for me (no pun intended). I sleep easily and well, for about six hours a night, almost to the minute. No matter what or where. I've got to be really mindful not to go to bed too early, no matter how tired I am, or I'll be up in the wee hours and dragging all afternoon. I think I would definitely benefit from more sleep and I take long naps on weekends, but it's not the same as a full eight hours every night.

My endocrinologist looked at my glucometer and asked why I keep checking my fasting at 4:30 am. I said because it’s when I wake up. This began when I passed 50. I wonder if it is related to menopause.
Sadly that only made it worse - I’ve been this way since I was a little kid seems to run in my family at least one person in every generation has it - I find things that help but sadly after awhile they stop working

Pea!! What's up?
Sorry, I finally dozed off, lol

I think it was because I had coffee yesterday. I hadn’t had much for a while (since it was terrible at the hotel while we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago).

Sorry, I finally dozed off, lol

I think it was because I had coffee yesterday. I hadn’t had much for a while (since it was terrible at the hotel while we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago).
I was all excited that someone I knew was up. And then....nothing.

Anecdotal tip for insomnia: When you just can't get to sleep, imagine hearing a voice..."Hi, I'm Micca. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I was born in... ......(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Oh man, I have the worst of two worlds…I have awful insomnia, AND I have fatigue caused by my ms. There have been days where I would have done almost anything for some relief.

I saw my neurologist on Wednesday and was talking about how my life feels like it’s tanking due to no sleep. He took one look at my meds and put me back on the only sleeping pill that has ever worked for me. My GP took me off it a few years ago because it became more difficult to prescribe. It has instantly made a difference. In fact, I just woke up from a six hour nap where I actually feel rested.

I’m very lucky with the timing of this because I’m transitioning to a new job in a week so, for now, I have all the time I need to adjust back to a normal sleeping pattern.

I wish good, restful sleep to everyone.

Insomniac here. I wish I could go to bed between 3-4 AM and get up at 11AM. That is my "normal." I have had this issue since I was a kid.

Insomniac here. I wish I could go to bed between 3-4 AM and get up at 11AM. That is my "normal." I have had this issue since I was a kid.
Between my wife who has fibromyalgia and my bad insomnia, we are a hot mess when it comes to sleep. But we have a natural built in sleep aid - a golden retriever. When her massive 75 lbs decides to squeeze between us, I love to wrap my arm around her, and off I go to sleepy land. While weed helps the initial part, the closeness of a dog makes me feel very content and happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter