Interest Thread: ABC letter/elements Swap

123SA

DIS Veteran
INTEREST THREAD for ABC letter swap and elements swap

This is an interest thread only. Sign ups are tentatively scheduled for Sept 9th, 8:30am.

I have a few ideas for this swap and I’d like your input.

Option 1:
4” letter in general Disney colors: black, white, yellow, red, and/or patterned papers, no theme associated with the letter

Refer to the As and O here. These are 2” letters, but it gives you an idea of a non-themed Disney letter
475.jpg

Option 2:
4” letter in general Disney Colors as described above, AND 1 mat, 1 box, and 1 other element (a mini page kit)

Option 3:
4” letter with a Disney theme -- that is, A for Ariel, M for Mickey etc.

In the photo above, C for Cinderella (again 4" letter for this swap, not the 2" letter shown)

Option 4:
4” letter with a Disney theme (option 3) AND 1 mat, 1 box, and 1 other element (a mini page kit)

Option 5:
In addition to the letter group, have a separate group for ABC element mini-kits (let me know which option 1-4 you prefer also) If we go this route, we'll discuss element requirements later.

Personally, I like option 2. This way you have a common theme throughout your book and can make collage type pages with all different A photos on it -- like Arrival, Airplane, Adventureland and Ariel all on a 2 page spread. I already have a few of the specific theme ABC sets and while I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, I think I am ready to try something less specific.

Let’s discuss this -- please let me know which option you prefer, or make new suggestions, due date preferences etc.

I'm good with any of the options. I kinda like the mini page kit idea, but I also have never been in a specific theme swap yet either. Would there be enough interest for both?

One of the options is to have 2 kinds of groups --

Grp 1 for ABC Disney letters
Grp 2 for ABC disney elements (in the past we did title/topper, mat, box and 1 element)

Is this what you'd like to see?

That option sounds great. Then we would have a little bit of everything. Would we be doing one or two letters for each?

Hey Susan!!! I have been waiting for this one since we talked about it months ago!!! :thumbsup2

I really like option 4...but, think having just a general Disney colored alphabet is neat too. Could we do a general color alphabet group and a page kit group that includes themed letters and elements like A for Aladdin or whatever? The general alphabet would be easy enough to whip out. Do you know what you are looking at for a due date?

***Not sure...is that option 5 then? I am not sure I am following what you are saying? I like the mini page kits themed to each letter specificly (like C for Cinderella) and I like the 4" letters themed to each specific letter (like C for Cinderella) and I like a 4" A-Z set in Disney colors. Would we do the same letters for page kits and 4" letters? Sorry for the extra...trying to sort it out in my head and see if I am getting what you are meaning!! LOL

That option sounds great. Then we would have a little bit of everything. Would we be doing one or two letters for each?

This would depend on interest level.

26 people = 1 letter each
13 people = 2 letters each
9 people = 3 letters each (one person has 2 letters and something extra)

Hey Susan!!! I have been waiting for this one since we talked about it months ago!!! :thumbsup2

I really like option 4...but, think having just a general Disney colored alphabet is neat too. Could we do a general color alphabet group and a page kit group that includes themed letters and elements like A for Aladdin or whatever? The general alphabet would be easy enough to whip out. Do you know what you are looking at for a due date?

***Not sure...is that option 5 then? I am not sure I am following what you are saying? I like the mini page kits themed to each letter specificly (like C for Cinderella) and I like the 4" letters themed to each specific letter (like C for Cinderella) and I like a 4" A-Z set in Disney colors. Would we do the same letters for page kits and 4" letters? Sorry for the extra...trying to sort it out in my head and see if I am getting what you are meaning!! LOL

I suppose the first question is

Do we want
4" letters
or 4" letters with matching mat, box, element

then,
do we want these letters to be general disney colors
or do we want themed letters -- C is for Cinderella

My vote is one group of 4" ABC letters with matching box, mat and 1 element.
And one group of ABC elements -- pick a theme like C is for Cinderella--and make a title(or this could be just the 4" letter if you prefer), mat, box and element.

Am I making any sense?:confused3 I feel like this would be so much easier to discuss in person:rotfl2:

Hi Susan.

Yup I am new to the DIS Boards swap group ( I just discovered you all!) but not new to swapping or to scrappin. Have swapped many times on other boards. I read through all the info and it seems to be pretty straightforward, but if I have a question I will send you a note! Looking forward to signing up. I am going to disney in October so this will be perfect.

-Cathi

I suppose the first question is

Do we want
4" letters
or 4" letters with matching mat, box, element

then,
do we want these letters to be general disney colors
or do we want themed letters -- C is for Cinderella

My vote is one group of 4" ABC letters with matching box, mat and 1 element.
And one group of ABC elements -- pick a theme like C is for Cinderella--and make a title(or this could be just the 4" letter if you prefer), mat, box and element.

Am I making any sense?:confused3 I feel like this would be so much easier to discuss in person:rotfl2:

LOL Susan I was thinking the same thing...if we could talk on the phone and you lay it all out for me, it would be all better!! Because...I THINK we are saying the same thing. So, the option is out there to do a general Disney color set (whether kits or letters alone) AND specific theme to letter kits and letters.

I like option 2 or 4. Flexible here.
I haven't done a swap on here in a while, but would love to join this one, as I have started to scrap a lot again. Hopefully, some of you remember me?

So to confuse even more... would we each be responsible for creating the letter we have, or would someone make all the letters and that would be theirs? That's the way I've done them before, but it would be really creative to each do the letters individually. So...yes. I like option 2 or 4. :rotfl2:

Yes, I remember you! I love your work.

Here is how the swap would work:

Assuming we have 26 players

For option 2, general Disney colors, you would pick a letter at sign up (really wouldn't matter which letter) You would make 26 4" embellished letters along with the matching mat, box and element. You get back 1 set of A-Z letters with matching mat, box, element.

For option 4, disney specific theme letters, you would pick a letter with a theme at sign up. C - Cinderella - -you would make 26 4" Cs that are embellished in a CIndy way. 26 mats, boxes aand 1 element that co-ordinates. You would get back a full A-Z set of topics.

For option 1 & 3, it would be the letters only -- no mats, boxes etc.

THis thread has a link to some 4" letters. Look for the slide show for groups 1 -6.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2470613

Yes, I remember you! I love your work.

Here is how the swap would work:

Assuming we have 26 players

For option 2, general Disney colors, you would pick a letter at sign up (really wouldn't matter which letter) You would make 26 4" embellished letters along with the matching mat, box and element. You get back 1 set of A-Z letters with matching mat, box, element.

For option 4, disney specific theme letters, you would pick a letter with a theme at sign up. C - Cinderella - -you would make 26 4" Cs that are embellished in a CIndy way. 26 mats, boxes aand 1 element that co-ordinates. You would get back a full A-Z set of topics.

For option 1 & 3, it would be the letters only -- no mats, boxes etc.

THis thread has a link to some 4" letters. Look for the slide show for groups 1 -6.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2470613

Thanks Susan!! That is exactly what I was thinking!! So, this would be an option for 9 or 13 players also, right? I think you had said that earlier in the thread. After reading this, I definitely vote for option 2 & 4...if there is only one option then I vote for option 4. LOL It only took all day to figure it all out, but finally!!! LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I must've been having a moment!!! (or two)

And, Ohana - I remember looking photos from past swaps and admiring your work. You did some great things! I am looking forward to swapping with you! :thumbsup2

So I finally wrote something that makes sense!

Definitely an option for 13 - -each person picks two letters. If we end up with nine we'll need to brainstorm on what the extra is to cover the non-existant 27th letter.

I love the idea of the mini page kit with the general Disney colors...but...I'm going on a cruise in October and have over 100 FE gifts to make. I don't think I should sign up, because I don't want to overextend myself. :sad2:

I love the idea of the mini page kit with the general Disney colors...but...I'm going on a cruise in October and have over 100 FE gifts to make. I don't think I should sign up, because I don't want to overextend myself. :sad2:

:sad1: bummer -- what are FE gifts? Maybe we can help you come up with something not too time consuming

:sad1: bummer -- what are FE gifts?

Fish Extender. The doohickey that's outside the stateroom door. People have a thing made to hold goodies and give something to people who sign up. Let me see if I can find some photos, it's a cute idea (I'm thinking a bookmark with a Micky Ghost on it - we'll be on the cruise for Halloween).

SSMC05door.jpg

See the fish hook to the left of the door with the thing hanging off it? They are like envelopes and people put fun stuff in them. I had one made for us (still hasn't come yet!) out of Disney Halloween fabric.

Cute! I like the bookmark idea! Hmmm...how about a candy bar (or airheads are a LOT cheaper I believe) with a wrapper like at a baby shower? Maybe a simple 1 inch band with a cricut ghost or something the wonderful DISboards deisgners make that can be printed and cut out?

Cute! I like the bookmark idea! Hmmm...how about a candy bar (or airheads are a LOT cheaper I believe) with a wrapper like at a baby shower? Maybe a simple 1 inch band with a cricut ghost or something the wonderful DISboards deisgners make that can be printed and cut out?

Oh, cute! I'll get on that, great idea!

A friend helped me design a graphic. You can get a special postmark at Castaway Cay, so I am going to have these made into postcards through Vista Print.

FinalPostcardFront.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter