Interest Thread: ABC letter/elements Swap

So I finally wrote something that makes sense!

Definitely an option for 13 - -each person picks two letters. If we end up with nine we'll need to brainstorm on what the extra is to cover the non-existant 27th letter.

Nope....I'm pretty sure it took the entire day for my brain to kick into gear!!! We were up really early and took the kids deep sea fishing, so between the sun, little sleep and "fun" with the in-laws :-)scared1:) I was on slow mode! I am glad we have it all cleared up now though!! Thanks so much Susan!

Oh, cute! I'll get on that, great idea!

A friend helped me design a graphic. You can get a special postmark at Castaway Cay, so I am going to have these made into postcards through Vista Print.

FinalPostcardFront.jpg

Jen, that's really cute and a great idea. I'm sure you'll catch it, but I'd hate for you to get them printed up wrong. Cruise is spelled incorrectly.

Susan, this swap sounds so cool, but I'm gonna be passing on this one. I've got too much going on and it's going to get busier between now and Christmas so I've got to slow down on my swaps. I know I'm going to regret it though!

Jen, that's really cute and a great idea. I'm sure you'll catch it, but I'd hate for you to get them printed up wrong. Cruise is spelled incorrectly.

Susan, this swap sounds so cool, but I'm gonna be passing on this one. I've got too much going on and it's going to get busier between now and Christmas so I've got to slow down on my swaps. I know I'm going to regret it though!

Thank you Stephanie, I actually caught it on the Vista site, but this was before I made the change ;)

I thought you'd catch it, but figured I better point it out, just in case. It would stink to get them printed wrong. Be sure to show us the Halloween fabric pockets you had made. This sounds like such a fun thing to do!

Thank you Stephanie, I actually caught it on the Vista site, but this was before I made the change ;)

Jennifer, those are really cute! Have you ever had anything printed from there before? My husband recently had his new business cards printed from there. The shipping was fast, the prices great and the cards look really nice! He even got some shirts done. They aren't the best quality, but serve their purpose. They sent some free products with the stuff to try. :thumbsup2

Jennifer, those are really cute! Have you ever had anything printed from there before? My husband recently had his new business cards printed from there. The shipping was fast, the prices great and the cards look really nice! He even got some shirts done. They aren't the best quality, but serve their purpose. They sent some free products with the stuff to try. :thumbsup2

No, this will be my first time. Glad to hear about the shipping turnaround, the cheapest option said it may take 3 weeks.

Now back to your regularly scheduled swap talk ;)

Yes, I remember you! I love your work.

Here is how the swap would work:

Assuming we have 26 players

For option 2, general Disney colors, you would pick a letter at sign up (really wouldn't matter which letter) You would make 26 4" embellished letters along with the matching mat, box and element. You get back 1 set of A-Z letters with matching mat, box, element.

For option 4, disney specific theme letters, you would pick a letter with a theme at sign up. C - Cinderella - -you would make 26 4" Cs that are embellished in a CIndy way. 26 mats, boxes aand 1 element that co-ordinates. You would get back a full A-Z set of topics.

For option 1 & 3, it would be the letters only -- no mats, boxes etc.

THis thread has a link to some 4" letters. Look for the slide show for groups 1 -6.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2470613

Thanks! Makes perfect sense. I'd love to participate. And making our own letters sounds so fun! Maybe, if we have to have a 27th item, someone can make an intro page for the book?

I've never joined in one of the ABC ones but always love the stuff thats been done so really tempted by this one! It probably already says (and i've just missed it) but when would the due date be? xx

I've never joined in one of the ABC ones but always love the stuff thats been done so really tempted by this one! It probably already says (and i've just missed it) but when would the due date be? xx

Actually, it doesn't say. Generally, I do 8 weeks, so Nov 4th. However, if we think we need more time I can be flexible with that now. Any thoughts on this?

Any time in November works for me. Do you know what your sign-up and due dates will be for the holiday swap? I just didn't know if you wanted the due dates to clash?? Anyway, maybe if we end up doing the page kits, the end of November may be better if it works for you. Sorry...rambling...thinking out loud...

Any time in November works for me. Do you know what your sign-up and due dates will be for the holiday swap? I just didn't know if you wanted the due dates to clash?? Anyway, maybe if we end up doing the page kits, the end of November may be better if it works for you. Sorry...rambling...thinking out loud...

THe gift tag swap will run at the same time as this one. (I need to get the interest thread up for that.) The gift tags have to be returned before Thanksgiving so people have them for their Christmas gifts. This means that this swap, the ABC swap, will have to be due before Thanksgiving also if possible. I can't put off the gift tag swap.

The holiday swap is in October, so it should have a December due date. However, December due dates are often hard for us swappers, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with January. We'll see what the majority wants when I do the interest thread. I will ask if people want 2 elements, pages(we would have to decide if we are going with sketches or not), 4" letters, 2" letters to spell out the word.

Personally, right now, I still have the character swap, sketch swap, ABC and Rolodex to complete by the end of Sept. THese new swaps I won't be able to work on until then, so I guess I'd be looking for the latest due date I could have.

I have the character swap, everday swap and i want a couple of groups in the dining swap so a later date would be better for me but i'm sure i'd manage either way! i keep kicking myself for not signing up for ABC swaps so I'll not be making that mistake this time! ha ha!

THe gift tag swap will run at the same time as this one. (I need to get the interest thread up for that.) The gift tags have to be returned before Thanksgiving so people have them for their Christmas gifts. This means that this swap, the ABC swap, will have to be due before Thanksgiving also if possible. I can't put off the gift tag swap.

The holiday swap is in October, so it should have a December due date. However, December due dates are often hard for us swappers, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with January. We'll see what the majority wants when I do the interest thread. I will ask if people want 2 elements, pages(we would have to decide if we are going with sketches or not), 4" letters, 2" letters to spell out the word.

Personally, right now, I still have the character swap, sketch swap, ABC and Rolodex to complete by the end of Sept. THese new swaps I won't be able to work on until then, so I guess I'd be looking for the latest due date I could have.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I was thinking along those same lines!!!! Sounds good! Whatever you decide to do is going to be fine!!!!

Hi Susan
I just wanted to say that I wont be playing in this one but will be playing in tags and Holiday elements. I am going to be making Holiday books for the twins for Christmas so I will be in lots of groups. Its ok with me if we dont get the pieces back until January so as far as Im concerned you can work with whatever dates you nee to.
BTW, Im very thankful that things have all worked out for your family and glad that your DH has work and that all is well.
I havnt been on the boards too much lately but I d read so I try to keep current with everyone.
Gods blessings to you and your family!

K so I've always wanted to do this swap but I think Ive avoided it because i didn't understand it 100% and I didn't want to seem dumb.

So I'll ask this time....
Do I do a complete alphabet?
Is the 4" like the cricut 4" setting or if you measure the letter it's 4 inches?
Do I need to do the letters in mickey colors , Red, Blk, Wht, Yellow? Or can I do like Cinderella theme or even Alice in wonderland?
And are these for mini albums or can you use them for 12X12 albums?:confused3

Ok those were the burning questions....Thanks

Susan--I don't know how I missed this :confused3 but, this will be the perfect swap for me :banana: I'm doing an ABC album for our 2007 WDW trip and I'm only using black, white, red & yellow accents. I was just getting started on my alphabet, so now I will wait ;) I'm so excited :banana::banana::banana: Any due date will work as I have everyday swap, paper piecing swap & dining swap pieces to make--DH thinks I'm obsessed (he may be right ;)) Looking forward to sign ups :yay:

K so I've always wanted to do this swap but I think Ive avoided it because i didn't understand it 100% and I didn't want to seem dumb.

So I'll ask this time....
Do I do a complete alphabet?
Is the 4" like the cricut 4" setting or if you measure the letter it's 4 inches?
Do I need to do the letters in mickey colors , Red, Blk, Wht, Yellow? Or can I do like Cinderella theme or even Alice in wonderland?
And are these for mini albums or can you use them for 12X12 albums?:confused3

Ok those were the burning questions....Thanks

At sign up, there will be two different groups

Group 1 will be for black, red, yellow, white and matching Disney-ish papers.
You pick 2 open letters. (At this point I am assuming that we will not have 26 swappers to make a complete alphabet, but 13 swappers means 2 letters per person). So say you pick E and S. You will make 13 sets for the letter E and 13 sets for the letter S. The set includes one 4" letter and a matching mat, box and element. So you make 13 letter E, 13 mats, 13 boxes and 13 other element (maybe a file folder or tags, or slide mounts etc) Then you make 13 letter S, 13 matx, boxes, and 1 element. In return you will receive the letter A with its matching mat box and element that someone else made, the letter B with mat, box, element that someone else made etc....

Group 2 will be theme specific. Again, at this point, based on expressed interest, I am assuming we will be going with 13 swappers which means yous will need to pick 2 open letters and state your topic. Let's say you pick A for Ariel and T for Tomorrowland. (I think I would like to stick with nouns -- so words like Believe and Arrive are out) You will make 13 sets of each. So you will make a 4" A that is embellished for Ariel, and a matching mat,box, 1 element (could be a paper piecing, a quote, tags, etc) You will also make 13 sets of the letter T - -4" T embellished like Tomorrowland, matching mat, box and 1 element.

The 4" letter -- yes, just set your cricut to 4". You will notice that some fonts won't give you a 4 inch letter, but don't worry - -it doesn't have to be all that precise.

Does this answer everything? Please let me know if it doesn't.

Susan--I don't know how I missed this :confused3 but, this will be the perfect swap for me :banana: I'm doing an ABC album for our 2007 WDW trip and I'm only using black, white, red & yellow accents. I was just getting started on my alphabet, so now I will wait ;) I'm so excited :banana::banana::banana: Any due date will work as I have everyday swap, paper piecing swap & dining swap pieces to make--DH thinks I'm obsessed (he may be right ;)) Looking forward to sign ups :yay:

Well...your DH is not alone. Many of our DHs have obsessed wives:rotfl2:

At sign up, there will be two different groups

Group 1 will be for black, red, yellow, white and matching Disney-ish papers.
You pick 2 open letters. (At this point I am assuming that we will not have 26 swappers to make a complete alphabet, but 13 swappers means 2 letters per person). So say you pick E and S. You will make 13 sets for the letter E and 13 sets for the letter S. The set includes one 4" letter and a matching mat, box and element. So you make 13 letter E, 13 mats, 13 boxes and 13 other element (maybe a file folder or tags, or slide mounts etc) Then you make 13 letter S, 13 matx, boxes, and 1 element. In return you will receive the letter A with its matching mat box and element that someone else made, the letter B with mat, box, element that someone else made etc....

Group 2 will be theme specific. Again, at this point, based on expressed interest, I am assuming we will be going with 13 swappers which means yous will need to pick 2 open letters and state your topic. Let's say you pick A for Ariel and T for Tomorrowland. (I think I would like to stick with nouns -- so words like Believe and Arrival are out) You will make 13 sets of each. So you will make a 4" A that is embellished for Ariel, and a matching mat,box, 1 element (could be a paper piecing, a quote, tags, etc) You will also make 13 sets of the letter T - -4" T embellished like Tomorrowland, matching mat, box and 1 element.

The 4" letter -- yes, just set your cricut to 4". You will notice that some fonts won't give you a 4 inch letter, but don't worry - -it doesn't have to be all that precise.

Does this answer everything? Please let me know if it doesn't.

Ok cool I think I have it now...
Letter Matted.... a matted box:confused3 now is that a matted photo box or a matted journal box? and 1 extra element... Is that right?
And if you choose like Ariel you can do the letter in like Ariel paper? Right??:confused:

I was looking at picks of the last ABC swap in the Swap Gallery Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for??

Ok cool I think I have it now...
Letter Matted.... a matted box:confused3 now is that a matted photo box or a matted journal box? and 1 extra element... Is that right?
And if you choose like Ariel you can do the letter in like Ariel paper? Right??:confused:

I was looking at picks of the last ABC swap in the Swap Gallery Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for??

No.
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/...r Swap 2010/?action=view&current=8fed08ed.pbw

Here are some examples of the letters for Group 2. You will also make a photo mat, a journal box, and one other element. Yes, for Ariel you could use Ariel paper, water paper -- whatever you feel is appropriate.

For group 1, the letter will be in general disney colors and embellished with non-specific items like buttons, brads, ribbon etc -- not with a Donald paper piecing for example. You will also make a photo mat, journal box and one other element.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter