Interest Thread for WDW & DLR Event Swap Sign-up 10/18 7:30pm EST

I might be interested in participating, but I'm not sure I quite understand how it works.

Welcome! How this works is when JohnsonsLoveDisney opens up sign-ups you will post which groups you want to be in. Then, you will make enough sets of the topic you chose so that each person in your group (including yourself) will get one. Then at the end, after JLD has mailed everything back, you will receive one set from each person that is in the group you signed up for.

Hi there. I don't know if anyone asked this in any previos posts, but is t his swap just going to be mini page kits, or are there going to be elements groups as well? Thanks!

Michi, at the very bottom of the list of groups, JohnsonsLoveDisney listed some groups that will be elements only.

Hi there. I don't know if anyone asked this in any previos posts, but is t his swap just going to be mini page kits, or are there going to be elements groups as well? Thanks!

There will be mini page kits and element groups. that way you can choose what you want to do. :goodvibes

I was thinking about what all I want to sign up for this weekend. I thought of a few questions...

So for Mini Page Kit groups we make 3 things? Does one have to be a topper?

What are you planning on putting in the category Holiday Decor at the Resorts? Would this include things like chocolate creations, GF Gingerbread Houses? What else??

For single element groups, would everyone make something different for a group but they would all be related to that theme? So for example I'd get 4-6 (depending on the group size) different things but they'd all be for FnGF? Right?

Just wanted to be certain I've got everything straight. Thanks!!

I will need a sign up buddy for this swap. We will be out of pocket most of the day Saturday.

If anyone is willing to sign up for me, just PM me. I already have my choices ready! Thanks! :flower3:

I am not sure if this swap will be opening on Saturday still? I believe JLD is dealing with a lot of stuff right now. I heard from another swap hostess she had to drop out, because of life issues right now. I have pm'd her for the surprise swap and have not heard back yet. So I am not sure what the status is of this swap.

If it does open up I will be no good for a swap buddy. Around the time of sign ups I will be out, so I planned on doing by phone and that is very slow moving.

Bummer! I'm really looking forward to this swap so if she doesn't open it up I hope someone else will take it and be the hostess.

Hopefully everything is okay with JLD. Hugs are being sent to her!

Thanks Nemo Mom for letting us know.

:wave2: I'm the sub! I'll take care of sign ups and we'll determine later if JLD wants to give this away entirely.

Sign ups will be posted on Sunday (10/18) night @730pm EST. I am sorry for the change but I already have weekend commitments. It will be a new thread.

I will review this thread and see if there are any questions that need to be answered. If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

:grouphug: for JLD

Thanks Susan for getting this rolling for us. Big :hug: to JLD for things to fan out for her and her family.

Thanks Susan! And Thank you Ann for getting us an angel hostess. You girls are great! Looking forward to sign ups. I have a bunch of groups I want to join this time around.

I've looked through the thread and I have some questions for those of you interested in this swap.

Mini page kit for this swap will be three elements from the standard list (I'll post it at sign ups), embellished at least once. One of these elements must incorporate a title. You could make a traditional topper, welded and shadowed title, an altered CD with the title on it, a tag or squares with the title etc and then 2 elements. Group size varies 5-7 per group. The resort group will be a max of 6. You do not need to state your elements at sign ups.

Single elements groups -- state your element when you sign up -- no repeats with the exception of paper piecings (we will have to make sure we are not doing the same one) Group size = 6

Questions:
1. Food and Wine festival -- mini kits or elements??
Flower and Garden festival -- mini kits or elements??
Year of a Million Dreams -- mini kits or elements??
What will you celebrate -- mini kits or elements??

2. General Groups -- there have been a few requests for general mini kits and elements. Do you want a General Disney Halloween group or General MNSSHP group? Or does this wording not matter? Same thing with Christmas.

3. Star Wars and P&PP mini page kit groups -- I am unfamiliar with these events. I believe there are many more events than those listed. I am going to leave these groups open and request that you state your topic when you sign up, with no repeats -- like this

Star Wars Weekends

4. Disneyland groups -- again I have no knowledge -- please speak up if I have mistakes or omissions. Would you like a Holiday Decor mini kit group?

I appreciate your responses. I hope to have this ironed out by tomorrow evening so I can show you what the groups are.

Of course, if JLD posts sign ups tomorrow, forget all about this!

Susan, thanks for taking this on.

For me personally, I'd like to see elements for general Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, MNNSHP, and MVMCP without specific topics listed (like parades, etc.).

Questions:
1. Food and Wine festival -- mini kits or elements??
Flower and Garden festival -- mini kits or elements??
Year of a Million Dreams -- mini kits or elements??elements
What will you celebrate -- mini kits or elements??elements

2. General Groups -- there have been a few requests for general mini kits and elements. Do you want a General Disney Halloween group or General MNSSHP group? Or does this wording not matter? Same thing with Christmas.Either one is good with me. With the general others may sign up and use them for at home halloween pages.

3. Star Wars and P&PP mini page kit groups -- I am unfamiliar with these events. I believe there are many more events than those listed. I am going to leave these groups open and request that you state your topic when you sign up, with no repeats -- like this

Star Wars Weekends

4. Disneyland groups -- again I have no knowledge -- please speak up if I have mistakes or omissions. Would you like a Holiday Decor mini kit group?

I appreciate your responses. I hope to have this ironed out by tomorrow evening so I can show you what the groups are.

Of course, if JLD posts sign ups tomorrow, forget all about this!

I am not familiar with P&PP but plan on signing up for this group, so I will have to figure that one out also. Unless there is anyone who can tells us about the events for the P&PP and Star Wars.

How does this look? This is NOT SIGN UPS. Number groups are page kits, letters are single elements.

Group 0: MNSSHP
1. Villains Mix and Mingle. -
2. HalloWishes -
3. Mickey’s Boo to You Parade
4. Trick or Treat Stations -
5. General MNSSHP

Group 1: MNSSHP
1. Mickey's Boo to You Parade
2. Alice & Mad Hatter’s Treat Trail -
3. Halloween Dance Parties
4. Characters in Costume –
5. General MNSSHP

Group 2: General Disney Halloween

Group 3: Mickey's Hide and Go Treat Trails
1. Mickey's Hide and Go Treat Trails
2. Candy Corn Acres-
3. Hollywood Bat-Lot Bash
4. Pirate Warf-
5. Mickey's Trick or Treat on the Street Cavalcade
6. General Disneyland Halloween

Group 4: MVMCP
1. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
2. Holiday Wishes
3. Mickey’s “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Show
4. Cinderella’s Holiday Wish Stage Show
5. General MVMCP

Group 5: MVMCP
1. Meet Santa
2. Holiday Treats
3. Belle's Enchanted Christmas
4. Celebrate the Season Show
5. General MVMCP

Group 6: General Disney Christmas

Group 7: WDW Holiday Misc.
1.Epcot Christmas Tree Lighting
2.Candlelight Processional -
3. Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
4. Epcot Holiday Story Tellers -
5. Christmas Trees at AK –
6. Santa Goofy-

Group 8: WDW Holiday Parades
1. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade –
2. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade –
3. Jingle Jungle Parade/Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Expeditions?? –
4. Jolly Holly-Day Parade -

Group 9: Holiday Décor at the Resorts (State your resort choice, no repeats please)

Group 10: DLR- Holiday
1. Believe in Holiday Magic-Fireworks
2. Haunted Mansion Holiday
3. It’s a Small World
4. A Christmas Fantasy Parade
5. Christmas Candlelight Procession
6. Santas Reindeer Round up
7. Santa’s beach blast

Group 11: Pirate & Princess Party (State your topic please. see this thread posts 79 and 81 for topic suggestions http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2262680&page=6)

Group 12: Star Wars Weekend (Pick from these or state your topic please, group size will be 6) Padawan Mind Challenge (Triva for 12 and under), Jedi Training Academy, Hyperspace Hoopla (end of the day celebration- about 6pm), Legends of the Force (parade), Stars of the Saga (talk show format q&a with celebrities), Rebel Base (character meet and greets w/ good guys), Imperial Sector(character meet and greets w/ bad guys), Wicket's Warehouse (shop for limited edition items)

Group 13 Star Wars Characters: Pick from these or state your choice, group size will be 6
Darth Vadar, Darth Maul, Storm Troopers (do an amazing opening show at 8:30am), Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Ewoks, Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Storm Trooper Donald, Darth Goofy

Group 14 Food and Wine Festival

Group 15 Flower and Garden Festival

Group 16 Holiday Characters -- State your topic

Group 17: The Pirates League

Single Elements groups
Group A: Disney Halloween

Group B: Mickey’s Boo to You Parade

Group C: Disney Christmas

Group D: Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade

Group E: Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights

Group F: Candlelight Processional

Group G: General P&PP

Group H: Enchanted Adventure Parade (P&PP)

Group I: Food and Wine Festival

Group J: Flower and Garden Festival

Group K: Nights of Joy

Group L: Star Wars Weekends

Group M: Year of a Million Dreams

Group N: What will You Celebrate?

Group O: Holiday Characters

Groups look great Susan-thanks for angel hostessing! There are so many great groups I want to sign up for...:dance3:

Star Wars Weekend Events/Items:
Padawan Mind Challenge (Triva for 12 and under)
Jedi Training Academy
Hyperspace Hoopla (end of the day celebration- about 6pm)
Legends of the Force (parade)
Stars of the Saga (talk show format q&a with celebrities)
Rebel Base (character meet and greets w/ good guys)
Imperial Sector(character meet and greets w/ bad guys)
Wicket's Warehouse (shop for limited edition items)

Characters There last 2 years:
Darth Vadar
Darth Maul
Storm Troopers (do an amazing opening show at 8:30am)
Chewbacca
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Ewoks
Jedi Mickey
Leia Minnie
Storm Trooper Donald
Darth Goofy
and many more- but these all have specific gretting areas

Rebecca

Here are the events for the Pirate and Princess Party I attended a couple of years ago:

Areas:
Ariel's Court
Solaris System
Jasmine's Court

Events:
Sebastions Under the Sea Dance Party
Space Pirates (break dancers)
Out of this world dance party (don't have name in my book)
Enchanted Adventure Parade
Agrabar (sp) Guards (acrobat/dance routine)
Music Magicand Mayhem (fireworks)
Treasure Spots

Photo Ops:
Cinderella's Carriage
Princess Chair

This is what we did that I have in my book
There were additional pirate activities- I will try and find out what

Rebecca

I have a question that I thought of as I'm brainstorming my single elements for this swap.

For Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights single element group E---could I do a typed up history of the lights telling the story of how the Osbourne family display grew too large etc...? I would take the text from what's here on wdwinfo and type it up and mat and embellish it. Is that okay? If not, I'll figure out something else, just wanted to ask.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter