INTEREST Thread - Sketch Swap in Color

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high
We've done Disney - characters, lands/parks, colors. We've done Holidays and Seasons and general themes.

This time, we are using colors. The groups will be arranged by colors; Blues, Browns, Reds, etc. That means that when I look at the layout, I can say "oh, that has blue as it's main color".

You are free to use solids or patterns. You can use any complimentary color in the sketch. Like Blue with a blue, white & yellow pattern, blue ribbon and yellow buttons. So long as it looks more blue than yellow, it works for the blue group.

I will be using sketches from PageMaps.com and SketchSupport.com. SS gives you the dimensions from a link on their webpage. PageMaps, I will give you the rough dimensions for the elements. THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE EXACT.

I have picked all the 12x12 sketchs from December - single and double, along with 3 from November - single and double and a single and double from September.

From Sketch support I picked

Single
Sketch #15
Sketch #14
Sketch #13
Sketch #12

Double
Sketch #23
Sketch #22
Sketch #21

I will post the actual sketches on the sign up thread. You will not need to give me the sketch# at sign up. You are always free to change your mind in my swaps.

The biggest change for this swap from my other ones, NO TITLE. Do not put a title in the area indicated by the sketch. Leave it blank. If there is a circle or tag or some other way of designating the title area, include that. Just leave it blank. Same thing for where they may be a secondary title or date area. Include the area, but leave it blank.

This so you can use your letters or previously made titles from other swaps and to help facilitate the use of the pages because they are not limiting you. This also is a good way to use up those adorable Jolee/EK Success titles.

The sign ups will begin December 30 and run through January 3. I will be limiting the groups to 4 players and keeping groups of 2 or more open. There will be single and double page groups available. DUE DATE MARCH 7

Newbies are very much welcomed in my swaps. We have lots of veterans who give great advice. If you have not swapped with me as hostess before, I will be limiting you to two groups.

Rules and extras will be posted soon.

Thoughts, suggestions, concerns?

Here are the Guidelines:

-DO NOT PUT A TITLE ON IT.

-You are allowed to rotate the sketch/map in any direction you want.

-You may use one side of the two page sketches for the single page groups. Just be sure there is a place for the title and journal box included if not shown on that side of the sketch in addition to the photo mats.

-Some of the sketches may seem very simple. I am giving you the liberty to embellish extra or add extra layers. It should resemble the sketch in number, size and placement of photos along with the journaling being in the same general area. Most sketches have examples of them being used on blogs/websites.

-You may use any complimenting colors, but it must be obvious the main color is the group you signed up for.

-Where the sketch has an edge or a shape, please use an edge or a shape. They do not have to be as shown. If it shows wavy, you may substitute eyelet, waterfall, torn, etc. If it shows a die cut, you can use any kind of die cut such as scallop circle/square, road sign, etc.

-Please use a layer of cardstock as your base. You may completely cover it with thinner paper. It is very difficult to sort them when they bend and sometimes the embellishments get caught.

-Please use quality paper on your layouts. If the patterned paper doesn't have a name printed on it, don't use it.

-You are not required to double mat your elements or have to embellish the elements one/two way. Use your judgment on what looks best.

-You must use paper that matches your layout for photo placement. This is so swappers can cut their photos to give it a mat if they choose.

-You may use any kind of embellishment you like on these sketches where they are indicated or in place of a “layer” of paper. Ribbon and fiber are good substitutions for paper layers. Bulky and dimensional embellishments are encouraged.

-If it shows a large embellishment, please use a large one or several small ones in that area. If it shows 3 embellishments scattered, please use at least that many or one long to span the area.

-You may use different embellishments and paper on each of your layouts. Please ensure they are of the same quality.

-More than one of the same sketch can be in the same group. We did groups using the same sketch last time and they were all different looking inside the same group.

-If the sketch has a date/event/place or anything more than a title, leave that area blank. These can be added by the members after they receive the pages.

-Please put the sketch number on the back of your layout.

-New to me swappers are limited to TWO groups. I will also limit the number of groups if I feel you are taking on too much for MY comfort.

-Please sign the back of your layout. And include the sketch number you used. This will help with photo sizes later on.

-Place each group in their own 2-gallon baggie and label the baggie with your real name, DISname and group information. No need for one single baggie for all the group baggies. Please have each set face each other; side 1 facing side 2 so that the backs are on the outside- each group only needs 1 bag.

-Please send postage for a medium or large flat rate box. Do NOT use the Click-it postage from USPS. I cannot use it. It has to be used the day it was printed. Stamps, check or cash are acceptable.

-If you don't mind the delay in return shipping, you may use non-priority to save some $$. Please use packaging I can reuse and send 3-4 extra stamps from what it cost you to mail it to me. Just in case some pages are heavier than others. These swaps usually have less numbers of swappers. I can do individual postage mailings. They will just take a little bit longer because the post master freaks out if she sees me put the change inside the boxes. Cash is not supposed to be mailed. SHRUG Not sure what she thinks goes inside cards. LOL

-Please include your address in the box. Address label, index card, priority label.

HAVE FUN WITH IT!

I'm in! so totally addicted to doing these sketch swaps now!

:confused3 Is that a good thing?

I am totally not hip to the newfangled way of talking. :lmao:

I knew I shouldn't have opened this, I love the no title idea! I am definately in for this.

Cassey

What could be better...ready made swap layouts and then I put my own altered 2 inch letter titles or title toppers on. LOVE IT! It can't much more versitle than that! I will use all these pages up quickly for sure. I'm in too!

Ohhh....I love this idea! No titles :cool1: I like the title of the swap too! What do you have in mind for a due date? I expect that the first half or more of January for me will be completing and dealing with the holiday swap.

Perfect! I am definitely in for this. I love your swaps. You are a most excellent hostess.

:hug: Thank you. It is because of the awesome members here who help me get it all together.

Like posting the due date.:rolleyes1

Groups

Single

1 -Reds

2 –Oranges/browns

3 – Yellow/Beige

4 –Green

5 –Blue

6 –Purples

7 –Pinks

8 –Black with white/silver/grey or gold

9 –Bright and/or Primary

10 –Pastel or muted

11 –Rustic or woodsy

12. -Metallic or shiny

Double

Groups

Single

A -Reds

B –Oranges/browns

C – Yellow/Beige

D –Green

E –Blue

F –Purples

G –Pinks

H –Black with white/silver/grey or gold

I –Bright and/or Primary

J –Pastel or muted

K –Rustic or woodsy

L -Metallic or shiny

I can combine groups if needed later on if you don't mind the variety. I would like to keep groups of 2 or more open.

Will have basic measurements for the sketches soon. I have everything measured and written down. It is the typing it up part that is holding me back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter