INTEREST Thread - Sketch Swap in Color

Sigh, as much as I'm going to regret it, I'm going to sit this one out. Please keep me in mind for an angel though.

know I will be signing up for the double pages in most of the colors!

I have never participated in a page swap, and I'll admit to being a little
intimidated by them, but I'm thinking this one would be good for my first attempt. I'll try a group or two if you ladies don't mind a little hand holding and :cheer2:.

We are good at hand holding.

These are great swaps because the guess work is done for you. All you need to do is match up the paper and pick embellishments.

Using a "line" is a great way to match up if you are color challenged. [I am] Basic Grey is a good one for mixing and matching their solids and prints inside a single line.

Any questions as you go, do not hesitate to ask. Everyone here is qualified to answer most of them.

I have never participated in a page swap, and I'll admit to being a little
intimidated by them, but I'm thinking this one would be good for my first attempt. I'll try a group or two if you ladies don't mind a little hand holding and :cheer2:.

I felt the same way on my first sketch swap....once you figure out your first one you will be hooked!

Annie, what time are you opening sign-ups tomorrow???

I'm going to get the thread up tonight, but am planning on opening up the thread for sign ups around 8am. I've been sleeping in this holiday and don't think I will be up much earlier than that.

I'm going to get the thread up tonight, but am planning on opening up the thread for sign ups around 8am. I've been sleeping in this holiday and don't think I will be up much earlier than that.

are you two or three hours ahead of me? its 2 here now

ok...will sign up when I get up in the morning, don't think it will fill up first thing in the am!

I am so monochromatic that this is really tempting!
Where would I find examples?
Where would I find the sketchs at?
Most important, is my work good enough? I really have alot of self doubt now and do I need to use the cricut?
Thank you.

Cricut is not needed.

Most of the shaped items can be bought that way. Lots of paper is made in the die cut shapes.

sketchsupport.com has examples of all their sketches. Pagemaps.com has one example for each of their sketches.

I do request that paper be cut cleanly. Rough edges are okay if you going for distressed look, but otherwise, no fuzz please. [I had to remake a whole set because I wasn't paying attention to my blade]

Inking the edges is not required. But it does add something nice to layouts especially when paper is over lapping [like some of the photo paper].

Buying a line, like Kissing Booth, Curio, Lemonade etc by Basic Grey is good. Jo Ann's also sells "lines" by Heidi Grace and K & Company. Using a DCWV stack works too.

It is important that the colors go together.

Sorry forgot to answer the last question.

It is not a matter of work being good enough in this swap. Using quality paper and embellishments is what is required. There isn't much craftsmanship going on. So everyone is on a level playing field.

Yes, it is easier to get the right size you want for embellishments with the Cricut. However, I do give leeway with sizing so that store bought items can work.

Print what I need... last night I print all that I didn't have... climbed up on the couch... started jotting notes.. want this one is J's book for Christmas, C's book for Christmas, B's book for Christmas, ohh, this will work for family Christmas, this will work for the basketball game last week... DH was laughing going "you are thinking way for ahead....." I immediately blamed you and he laughed and said we'll I'll be letting her know she's making you think, that's trouble!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter