Interesting (clean) names

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband once taught twins named Hawaii and Cadillac (almost 30 years ago). Yep -- their conception, although it's pretty sad that the kids knew that.

We'd just moved to a new state when I found out I was pregnant, and we had an HMO and I had to choose an OB-GYN out of a list. Chose "Dr. Waterfallen" because, well, it somehow seemed right. Worked out fine, almost 25 years ago.

DD went to elementary school with sisters - Queen, Empress, and Princess. Their brother had a total normal name like Mark or something. I never saw them or met their parents.

Several years ago, I worked with a woman named Taylor who married a guy with the last name of Taylor. Yep - Taylor Taylor.

My younger son plays soccer with a kid names Espen - but apparently, it's an ethnic name, not based on the sports network. ;)

I went to school with a girl who was allowed to change her name when she was 3 or 4. Her birth name was Lisa and as a preschooler she decided she wanted to be called Sunshine.

My mom was friends with a woman named Mary Meigh.

DD went to elementary school with sisters - Queen, Empress, and Princess. Their brother had a total normal name like Mark or something. I never saw them or met their parents.

Several years ago, I worked with a woman named Taylor who married a guy with the last name of Taylor. Yep - Taylor Taylor.

A good friend growing up had a sister named Treasure. The other 3 kids had more traditional names.

A high school English teacher told us a story of how a family she grew up with believed that kids should chose their own names. To that end, they designated a letter of the alphabet to put on the birth certificate for the first name and when they got old enough (I don't know how old that was) they were allowed to choose their first name. As kids, their names were P and Q if I remember correctly. May have been M and N. I asked her what their parents called them because I didn't think they would call their child M or N in every day conversation. She said the parents called the kids by their middle name. Then what is the point of giving them letters for their first name so they can choose their own name at a later point if you're just going to call them by their middle names anyway?

My husband once taught twins named Hawaii and Cadillac (almost 30 years ago). Yep -- their conception, although it's pretty sad that the kids knew that.

We'd just moved to a new state when I found out I was pregnant, and we had an HMO and I had to choose an OB-GYN out of a list. Chose "Dr. Waterfallen" because, well, it somehow seemed right. Worked out fine, almost 25 years ago.
My first gynecologist was named Dr. Harry Beaver. 100% true! His office was in Northern Virginia.

I worked in forensic toxicology, so the names we saw were legal names from driver’s licenses. Candy Corn came through more than once.

I also went to school with a Candida, like the yeast that causes a yeast infection. She went by Candy.

I also went to school with twins, Mary and Larry Perry.

A former coworker also worked at a toxicology lab. He said they got a sample and the first name was listed as "JKMNOP". They were understandably confused and called to confirm. Yes, that was correct and it is pronounced Noel. Get it? No L? Funny but I don't think choosing a name for your child is an appropriate time to be funny.

Same coworker's mother's maiden name is Kane. Her father had a sense of humor and named her Candace and she went by Candy Kane. The story goes he was hoping for a couple of boys to name them Hurri and Raising. Let's all be glad they never had boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter