International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17?

"Please be aware that as of tomorrow, your arrival date, the International Gateway will be closed. To ensure you don't miss a minute of the magic, bus service will be provided, enabling guests to enter the front of EPCOT, an experience we have received great interest from guests. Please note, there will be not additional charge for this extra bit of pixie dust!"

Too soon and too close to what will probably happen. :rotfl:

I would really hate if this happened. Could Disney make a pedestrian walkway going around the gondola station? That way people can still use that entrance.

I would really hate if this happened. Could Disney make a pedestrian walkway going around the gondola station? That way people can still use that entrance.
That would have to go backstage and they would need some sort of turnstile setup.

That would have to go backstage and they would need some sort of turnstile setup.
I'm mostly talking about with walking around the construction and letting out right by the current turnstile setup. I realize they would have to go backstage, but they can setup construction walls on both sides of the pathway.

I'm mostly talking about with walking around the construction and letting out right by the current turnstile setup. I realize they would have to go backstage, but they can setup construction walls on both sides of the pathway.
I know I just don’t think they would considering they have an entrance at the front of the park still available.

I know I just don’t think they would considering they have an entrance at the front of the park still available.

The reason would be , however how short the time, to not turn the epcot resorts into, well, nothing resorts....throwing up some construction walls is much cheaper than staffing and commissioning several buses for a month....

The reason would be , however how short the time, to not turn the epcot resorts into, well, nothing resorts....throwing up some construction walls is much cheaper than staffing and commissioning several buses for a month....
To say nothing about Guest satisfaction. There lotsof people who are very unhappy that they are even considering closing this, for even a short time.

To say nothing about Guest satisfaction. There lotsof people who are very unhappy that they are even considering closing this, for even a short time.
I agree. I really think there is no way they will close it. The IG is the main reason to stay at any of those resorts. Having the boardwalk is secondary, IMO. Even when we are not staying at an epcot resort, we usually leave epcot to eat at big river or another resort venue.....better food than most of epcot.

We don't even know if it's actually closing in December.
This.

We are doing a dream trip for my parents, my plans are totally around using that gate. We paid more than we have ever for just this experience, and to give my parents this trip they could never have imagined. Closing it would definitely mess our trip up, in a big way!
Totally understand.
IF they close the IG, it would have a huge impact on our upcoming trip. I will be watching closely over the next week(s?) to see some sourcing with links. (Even if they are posting rumors, I like to read this kind of thing for myself.)

More likely divert existing buses and drivers impacting bus service resort wide.
During busy times, park closing, disney uses extra buses; DCL, DME, Mears etc.

When it happens don't count on a room rebate. Enough people complain Disney might give guests an extra FP. Space ship Earth and Indiana Jones Stunt Show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter