Internet access in room

westcliffemom

Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!
I'm staying at the All Star Music. Is there a way to get internet access? (I'll have a laptop with me) If so, how much for how long? Thanks!

You can hook your laptop up to the phone line, but you need Internet service with a number that's local from there. (Some ISPs have an 800 number you can use, but that's expensive.) Most of the national ISPs (AOL, Earthlink, etc.) will have a number you can use that won't be long distance.

We have a cable modem, so obviously we don't have any phone numbers when we travel. Our solution was to get an Internet phone card. It's like a regular phone card, but the minutes are for Internet service. I think we got ours through MCI or Sprint.

My DH brings his laptop to check his email from work after the kids are asleep. Since we have a 3 yo and an infant, we are not out in the parks too late each night. He calls into his job, so I am not sure if they have an 800 # or not. I would think they have something, since many of them travel and have to check emails form all over the country.

We have never had a problem. There is a data port on the back of the phone and he plus in and goes! The hotel does charge 75 cents, just as if you made a regular call.

Kermit, do you have Road Runner? If so, did you know they have remote access numbers to use when traveling. It is not as fast of course, but I think you get the first 10 hours a month free and 1.00 per hour over. I know they have Orlando numbers but I have not tried them from WDW.

How does that price compare to your internet cards? I have never tried one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter