Inventory This High?

I guess the point was that if they are not selling them because they don’t want more typical APs out there, come up with a compromise ticket that saves over daily tickets for those that come multiple times a year…

Of course anyone who is DVC and not a FL resident and needs that many days, the option should still exist.

1. Let's sell Annual Passes, but black-out some popular dates
2. Let's restrict AP sales, to manage crowd$
3. Let's sell quasi - Annual Passes, with a 50-60 day limit. !!!!
4. Where does this end?? - How many more restrictions are you going to place on my not-so-annual, Annual Pass ??
I don't know if any of you kept APs over the pandemic (we did) but the current park pass system kind of already manages that, and so I wonder again why they aren't selling new APs... ** In the early days of online park pass reservations, anyone with an on-property stay got length of stay (or length of ticket) park passes, and an AP holder could only hold 3 days of park passes at a time. They've fixed it now, but when I tried to reserve online it would pull all 3 PPs first and then tell me I couldn't reserve any more, and then I'd have to call to switch out for length-of-stay reservations. I do remember thinking that if I were a local AP holder, it would be supremely annoying to have to pick which 3 days I'd reserve if, for example, I had family or friends visiting. Like should you reserve Thanksgiving or Christmas or another holiday, but then only be able to reserve other days day by day?

Are AP holders not staying on site limited in the # of park reservations they can hold at once?

**ETA: I think there may still be a de facto limit on # of reservations an AP holder can hold at once (like, you can't go in and reserve every single day at once, or can you?) so it seems like that might be a way to manage AP holder crowds. But maybe that also reduces demand for APs? 🤷‍♀️

I don't know if any of you kept APs over the pandemic (we did) but the current park pass system kind of already manages that, and so I wonder again why they aren't selling new APs... ** In the early days of online park pass reservations, anyone with an on-property stay got length of stay (or length of ticket) park passes, and an AP holder could only hold 3 days of park passes at a time. They've fixed it now, but when I tried to reserve online it would pull all 3 PPs first and then tell me I couldn't reserve any more, and then I'd have to call to switch out for length-of-stay reservations. I do remember thinking that if I were a local AP holder, it would be supremely annoying to have to pick which 3 days I'd reserve if, for example, I had family or friends visiting. Like should you reserve Thanksgiving or Christmas or another holiday, but then only be able to reserve other days day by day?

Are AP holders not staying on site limited in the # of park reservations they can hold at once?

If you have an onsite, then you can book as many days that match. But, it’s about not having more AP holders taking spots than day guests who buy tickets and the more APs that are there, the more they need to limit or control.

Since the current AP doesn’t have the stipulation that you have to be onsite to use it, they still have to consider it usable every day that is not black out subject to the reservations.

I also think they don’t want the situation that occurred before that cut off AP reservations but left for day guests.. so, best not to offer the current product then deal with fall out they may get if to many are there that wrecks their plans.

If an AP is not staying on site or another of the listed good neighbor hotels, then they are limited to the number of hold days stated in their tier of AP. They can reserve all park reservation hold days -- consecutively or scattered, but only 5. When one is used, it recycles -- I believe at midnight.

Incredi-pass = 5 hold days
Sorcerer Pass = 5 hold days
Pirate Pass = 4 hold days
Pixie Dust = 3 hold days.

Let's say you bought your pass in February. If you stay off-property and have an Incredi-pass and pick 5 days curing Christmas week, then your pass is dead in the water until you either release the Christmas hold days or attend the parks on those days.
Yes - we are allowed 5 PRs at a time and, occasionally, bonus reservations are offered (above the 5).
(DVC - Sorcerer's Pass)

I don't fault your logic and I don't want to be nit-picky about a small detail when you are trying to make a point. I certainly understand your point of view and from your perspective it seems right.

But, we know Chapek said they had intentionally limited the number of APs they distributed, so we know they have a cap on those. Then, I thought they would re-start new sales when the number of non-renewals reached a critical mass where they could re-open and sell again for a reasonable length of time. But, I have changed my mind on that assumption. To me, the evidence points to creation of a different kind of annual pass program for the future. I have written detailed posts before. (Although the main one with details was in a thread that disappeared.)

To me, the evidence points to a hypothesis that they are not selling them (the three highest tiers of AP) because they are gradually changing the AP program to a Florida residents only program and it will favor local residents. I think Disney might see the future of the AP program as a program that is of more direct benefit to Disney. They might use it as a space filler. If that is true, it may be their intention to have all new passholders be Florida residents and everyone must spend their first year in the Pixie pass tier. Disney World is very different from Disneyland Resort. It is a world class destination resort. If Disney is converting to say 10% or 15% of the crowd are passholders, they are reducing crowding. By only selling Pixies to Florida residents, eventually the program will be just a small local program. It appears probable then that new sales of the top three tiers will remain unavailable indefinitely.

In other words, the new AP program is right there before your eyes for everyone to see. When someone does not renew, they are constantly selling new Pixie passes to take its place. There are over 8,000 people moving to Florida every week. Some of them are buying Pixies when others do not renew any other tier of passes.

I do not say this to shade things in my direction. (Because we are considering moving away from here.) But because I think the evidence could reasonably be interpreted that way.

Possibly could be the plan but I don’t see the evidence that same way. I don’t see them stopping renewals at all for those of us who have them and nothing points to that.

But, hey, whatever they decide to do we will know when they do it. If no new passes for non FL residents are still suspended come 2024? Then I think it’s going to be FL resident.

Doesn’t preclude them from creating a special onsite pass that has either unlimited or x number of visits..which works in their favor still if just FL residents is the goal.

What does Disney consider a seasonal FL resident? Requirements to get the AP with that title? Does seasonal residents get the discounts and such with DCL?

I can’t speak to DCL, however, APs need to show their drivers license or other documentation to prove actual residency. Rule is essentially 6 months and a day in Florida, though it is actually more complicated than that.

Well priced, reasonable contracts are still moving. I lost out on a contract that interested me because my broker waited too long. It was posted yesterday. The fact is most contracts don’t fall into that camp.

I would even be happy with a A/P that blackout weekends.

I am not saying they should eliminate any AP…what I mean is that it would be nice to have an option like that. I have an AP but don’t need it to be 300 plus days…and you don’t really either…

I guess the point was that if they are not selling them because they don’t want more typical APs out there, come up with a compromise ticket that saves over daily tickets for those that come multiple times a year…

Of course anyone who is DVC and not a FL resident and needs that many days, the option should still exist.
AP's ARE the product for multiple short trips. :confused3 It is similar price to 2 trips for 5 park days. Or 3 trips with 2 parks days each. It isn't actually priced based on 365 days of visits or even 300. If you do more that's simply a bonus.
You think they should offer something for much less than two 5 day park hoppers (10 days) or three 2 day park hoppers (6 park days)?

Now if you were looking for something for short trips over a multiple years then that's different. Maybe a product like, oh say, a non-expiration ticket?

This^
We did that for the first 9 years of our DVC ownership, buying APs every 3rd year. Fortunately, we renewed our APs during COVID, and are not going to let them go.
We stay 6-8 weeks each year, now that we’re retired, so APs save us a ton of money, even at today’s prices.
Same here - we bought APs back when they offered DVC members APs at @300….and have been renewing them ever since. Even when I was working, we’d go 3x a year for a week each time. I’m in tech so I could WFH (resort room actually) and pop into the parks at night. Since COVID and retiring, we go 4-5 weeks a year. We’re not locals but we do drive (about an 8 hr drive). Without APs, there’s no way we’d have 1400 points nor go as often. However, since we are DVC and go frequently, we’re definitely not the ‘prime’ guests Disney wants - we don’t do dessert parties, buy souvenirs and only eat 3-4 table service per week, etc…we’re ‘Cheapo Deluxe’ guests 😁

AP's ARE the product for multiple short trips. :confused3 It is similar price to 2 trips for 5 park days. Or 3 trips with 2 parks days each. It isn't actually priced based on 365 days of visits or even 300. If you do more that's simply a bonus.
You think they should offer something for much less than two 5 day park hoppers (10 days) or three 2 day park hoppers (6 park days)?

Now if you were looking for something for short trips over a multiple years then that's different. Maybe a product like, oh say, a non-expiration ticket?

Yes, I know it’s not priced thst way, but the point is that the AP can be used over 300 days if the holder wants to use it, whether it’s considered a bonus or not. DPEP has to assume rhat I, as a pass holder, can indeed use it that much if I choose.

As a DVC owner, I don’t need thst. I just need something that gets me my 30 to 40 days a year.

So, sure, the current one works and many don’t use it all the days they can, but that is part of the issue in that they don’t want us to have that ability right now.

For me, if they aren’t going to do the AP as it is, the. It would be great if they could do a yearly pass that can be used when staying onsite and has a set number of days.

Obviously not as good as what the traditional AP gives us but that would be better than multi day tickets.

if I could get my family members an $899 plus tax yearly pass..same price as Sorcerer…that gets them in for our multiple trips only..we do several but only 3 to 4 days…I would much rather have that as an option for them than what we currently have.

Last edited:
What does Disney consider a seasonal FL resident? Requirements to get the AP with that title? Does seasonal residents get the discounts and such with DCL?

To qualify for FL passes, once has to provide a license or must provide a current mortgage or utility bill in your name that is no more tha. Two months old.

My parents owned a property in FL and they were eligible to get the passes even though they were not residents, but spent 4 months in the winters there.

Yes, I know it’s not priced thst way, but the point is that the AP can be used over 300 days if the holder wants to use it, whether it’s considered a bonus or not. DPEP has to assume rhat I, as a pass holder, can indeed use it that much if I choose.

As a DVC owner, I don’t need thst. I just need something that gets me my 30 to 40 days a year.

So, sure, the current one works and many don’t use it all the days they can, but that is part of the issue in that they don’t want us to have that ability right now.

For me, if they aren’t going to do the AP as it is, the. It would be great if they could do a yearly pass that can be used when staying onsite and has a set number of days.

Obviously not as good as what the traditional AP gives us but that would be better than multi day tickets.

if I could get my family members an $899 plus tax yearly pass..same price as Sorcerer…that gets them in for our multiple trips only..we do several but only 3 to 4 days…I would much rather have that as an option for them than what we currently have.

Here's any easier way to accomplish this - ban the bloggers.
But if Disney doesn't want AP use in the 300 day range they also wouldn't want 20, 30 or especially 40 days spread out over the year on an even cheaper pass. With the most expensive pass visiting 40 days is still less than $35/day.

Here's any easier way to accomplish this - ban the bloggers.
But if Disney doesn't want AP use in the 300 day range they also wouldn't want 20, 30 or especially 40 days spread out over the year on an even cheaper pass. With the most expensive pass visiting 40 days is still less than $35/day.

The pass wouldn’t be cheaper. It would be the same price it is now, but with fewer days that it can be used.

Sorcerer is $979 plus tax…same price for what I am talking about. Again, I am just saying that if they wanted to, they could create a product that offers benefits of an AP without being the same as the traditional AP, which has been giving holders access to the parks for a lot less than $35/ day

lots of great ideas but surely, they’re not new to Disney. And yet, for decades, the AP concept hasn’t changed much. I’m not hopeful they will any time soon. Only thing that’s different is that they’re limiting the number of active APs. For some reason, it doesn’t make sense for Disney to make drastic changes. For now and the foreseeable future, Disney is happy with only allowing a limited amount of APs and selling day tickets to the rest. It’s as if DVC members having APs isn’t on their priority, meaning it’s not in their financial interest to give us APs. I don’t know how else to interpret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter