Invitations

wooh hooh finally finished my invitations!

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

I'm not anywhere near planning a wedding, but i had to come lurk and check out all your gorgeous invitations! :)
great work ladies! i'm interested in a career in graphic design, so i'll really into stuff like this. haha

Here is the Save the Date I designed and had printed by Cards & Pockets.

StDateFront5x7-1-1.jpg

(the background is a brighter turquoise in person)

I have a pre-RSVP request on the back, but I only got 2 responses so far...oh well.:rolleyes: I hope there are more to come!

These are our invitations....

WeddingInvitations-1.jpg

They were made by a seller on Etsy.

Great choice! These are so cute! We are also doing a Cinderella carriage theme, and I was seriously considering these invites. However, then I had custom ones made by a different seller on Etsy.

Ok so I've realized that we are going to need pocketfold invitations so all of the lovely Cinderella invitations I've been viewing online are not good enough. :lmao: Can anyone give me some websites to order pocketfold invitations? I do not want to do anything big by myself but I don't mind assembling them obviously. ;) Thanks!

We used Cards and Pockets...they were great! :thumbsup2

Hey Wendy, were cards and pockets pretty comparable to other invites? Ive been looking into things and it seems they may be the same as getting them from other places. Now Im contemplating DIY kits from Michaels or something..just wondering about the pricing compared to custom places and the kits? You dont have to give actual numbers but roundabouts would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks guys! I just feel really lost when it comes to where to begin for the invites. :confused3

HI! I too was at such a loss when it came to invitations. I ended up doing mine myself and it was such a headache! I am helping another DCL bride plan her Magical wedding and we found this awesome invitation designer. www.uniquely-inviting.com They are so wonderful and they created these invitations.
64824_151984554837035_111694925532665_223764_2656102_n.jpg
Aren't they adorable! I am so glad that they found something both affordable and beautiful for the bride. Here is a link to their facebook page too! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orlando-FL/Uniquely-Inviting/111694925532665 I am so bummed I didn't know about them 2 years earlier!

Oh and look at these...I love these ones too!

27813_113444118691079_111694925532665_86666_8036192_n.jpg

I got the pictures off of their facebook page. Go check them out there is alot more shown there too!

Thanks a lot gals! We're coming close to the one year mark so it's becoming nerve-wracking! :lmao:

Hey Wendy, were cards and pockets pretty comparable to other invites? Ive been looking into things and it seems they may be the same as getting them from other places. Now Im contemplating DIY kits from Michaels or something..just wondering about the pricing compared to custom places and the kits? You dont have to give actual numbers but roundabouts would be helpful. Thanks!

The quality was really nice and the price wasn't much more than other places I saw. It just took a lot of time to put together the invites but that was on us, not Cards and Pockets, since we completely DIY'ed them. I'm don't think Michael's has pocket fold invitations, do they? I will say that Cards and Pockets has a huge selection when it comes to color for both the pocket fold, envelopes, liners, invitations and inserts. So that might be a plus over trying to find that at your local craft store.

I don't remember the prices we ended up paying per completed invite but they were comparable to having them made for us by an Etsy seller. I would think it would be cheaper to go the kit route in the end, but we were able to create an invite that completely matched our theme...so that was why we went with C&P. Hope that helps! :goodvibes

I have been reading about all you crafty brides and tried my hand at save the dates and utter failure. Called Shelley from Impressions and she created them. They are nice and simple and a good starting place for our invitations. You can't see it but there is some glitter to the paper. We met Shelley during our planning session and can't wait to see what she does for our invitations.

1020001755.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter