Is anyone as frustrated as me, due to no 2008DDP info yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are telling their customers what the 2008 DDP will be and this is what Disney has told them. Why you seem to be in denial is beyond me.

Virgin can only promise what they know to be true at this time. If in the future Disney chooses to amend what has been offered by increasing the value there is no harm no foul to any consumer. Last year after the 2007 DDP was released Disney increased the snack options available. People will not complain if more is offered, but will if an item is removed. Better for Disney to provide details that can be increased in value for some rather than need to have two sets of customers, those who are allowed an appetizer and those who purchased a plan that does not allow one.

The current dining plan came out in 2005. Shortly after it was introduced Disney added the WS restaurants and lowered Le Cellier from two to one credit. Items allowable as snacks were liberalized several times.

I don't have any doubt Virgin is communicating exactly what Disney told them. Disney can improve the terms and Virgin customers won't complain but Disney can't really reduce the benefits.

I'm sure Disney is expecting fewer guests will be purchasing the dining plan. Disney will have to improve the plan if the number of guests who purchase the plan is significantly lower then Disney projected. I don't think Disney will treat UK customers as second class. Any improvement to the plan, in order to boost US sales, will probably also apply to UK customers.

They are telling their customers what the 2008 DDP will be and this is what Disney has told them. Why you seem to be in denial is beyond me.

I also do not appreciate your sarcastic tone. It can sometimes be the case that somebody else other than yourself has the correct information early whilst you are still guessing what will happen.

Having a fair few friends that are in the know with this subject i feel confident that my information is correct for us UK Dissers.

Other Dissers, other than yourself are able to have an opinion and they do not always have to think you are right. I get so sick of the attitude all the time.

When this does all become clear for you, i will enjoy sitting back and saying "told you so."

Virgin can only promise what they know to be true at this time. If in the future Disney chooses to amend what has been offered by increasing the value there is no harm no foul to any consumer. Last year after the 2007 DDP was released Disney increased the snack options available. People will not complain if more is offered, but will if an item is removed. Better for Disney to provide details that can be increased in value for some rather than need to have two sets of customers, those who are allowed an appetizer and those who purchased a plan that does not allow one.

That is a totally fair point and you phrased it in an appropriate way.:thumbsup2

The point i was making that Bicker didnt seem to get was that there are a lot of UK people who have already booked next years holiday and purchased the DDP. Virgin wouldnt risk these customers cancelling the plan they have already purchased if they werent sure of their facts.

As far as i am concerned this is now fact for us UK dissers. If Disney choose to add to the DDP closer to the time then Virgin will still lose out as will Disney. I know of many people who are in the process of cancelling the 2008 DDP based on the information provided by Virgin.

I'm not sure why you're being so confrontational. No one is denying anything. We're simply allowing for the possibility that there is information that is not known yet. Please allow everyone to express their own perspective on this. Thanks.

The point i was making that Bicker didnt seem to get was that there are a lot of UK people who have already booked next years holiday and purchased the DDP. Virgin wouldnt risk these customers cancelling the plan they have already purchased if they werent sure of their facts.
Which is why I suggested that they promised their customers the minimum they knew would be offered, knowing that the customers wouldn't object to getting more than promised. You misunderstood what I wrote, and I'm sorry about that.

I'm not sure why you're being so confrontational. No one is denying anything. We're simply allowing for the possibility that there is information that is not known yet. Please allow everyone to express their own perspective on this. Thanks.

I don't think Virgin made up the information, which is one interpretation of your initial posts. edited to add I can understand how someone who hasn't read many of your previous posts would misinterpret the intended meaning of your posts in this thread.

The cutbacks are more significant then many of us expected. If we believe all the rumors gratuities are gone, appetizers are gone, the snack list is being reduced, the price may be going up and at least some posters think we may be charged tax.

Some of us hope or expect Disney will wind up making some changes (improvements) before the terms are officallly announced for the US market.

My guess is Disney will look at bookings before they make changes.

Please allow everyone to express their own perspective on this. Thanks.
You misunderstood what I wrote, and I'm sorry about that.

I expect the same from you also. It does seem from the tone of your posts that nobody else is allowed to comment if it disagrees with your view.

I didnt misunderstand your post and i know exactly what you are saying but you don't seem to understand me. I understand that Disney can add to the dining plan as they have done previously and nobody will complain about extras.

But my point is UK people are cancelling the 2008 DDP already on the strength of informaton passed from Disney to Virgin regarding the loss of appetizers and tip. So to release this info and then later say "sorry we didnt mean it you can have your appetizers back" would be a stupid move IMO.

mousefan96 said:
If I, for example, like the DDP, and because I like the DDP so much I vacation at Disney every year, instead of say...Universal. My family of 5, with passes deluxe hotel and spending cash blow $8,000 including the DDP.

I'm going to stop you there. You're focusing on yourself, only. That's not a constructive way of understanding the big picture. Sorry.

I beg to differ on your evaluation of her position. For months you've been telling us how the DDP was fairly priced based on your spreadsheets and the way you were using it. It was either no more constructive there than mousefan's argument is here....or just the opposite.

Disney reserves the right to make certain changes... I mean we see that now with resorts... If you check in in one 'season' and chexck out in another, you pay the price per season, not for when you check in... Effect January 1, regardless if you have ressies and a quote already...

The cutbacks are more significant then many of us expected. If we believe all the rumors gratuities are gone, appetizers are gone, the snack list is being reduced, the price may be going up and at least some posters think we may be charged tax.
At least some of this, though, is Wildfire Rumor---as is common when information about unannounced changes starts to leak. Remember when 7PM closings on Party nights meant that Disney was going to let day guests stay for Parties for no charge? Not at all what happened, but there were DISers left and right claiming that they'd not only not attend a Party, but would cancel their Fall/Winter trips.

This current discussion reminds me of that.

No single, credible source has said all of these things at once, at at least one (tax) appears to be pure speculation, unless I've missed something.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Virgin's terms are going to be the resort-wide terms for 2008's entry-level dining package. However, it is possible (even if unlikely) that the terms of the entry-level package will be strictly better than Virgin's terms, and that Virgin's currently-booked customers will be upgraded to whatever those terms happen to be.

I would also place a bet that there will be one or more higher-level packages between this entry-level dining package, and the current Premium package, focusing on improved dining amenities but not including (much) recreation. That just makes too much sense not to do, and it fits well with the thinking behind moving from Ultimate Parkhoppers to the MYW ticketing plan---more choices so that guests can customize what they want, albeit with heavy upselling from WDTC.

For months you've been telling us how the DDP was fairly priced based on your spreadsheets and the way you were using it. It was either no more constructive there than mousefan's argument is here....or just the opposite.
bicker's point with that spreadsheet was that it was virtually impossible to be on DDP, eat one TS per day, and not save money. No matter what TS restaurant you pick, and no matter how inexpensive the menu items you choose, and no matter how many courses you forgo. As long as you are buying an entree at a TS every day on average, and you use all of your creidts, you're nearly forced to save at least a little on DDP all told.

Of course, people could order more, but in that case, they save more. They don't save less.

The example about one person's overall spending behing higher because of the dining plan is not subject to the same limit. People *could* spend less, and so Disney *could* make less. And, that's why they are not at all the same.

Last year after the 2007 DDP was released Disney increased the snack options available.

The huge change in snack offerings actually occurred May 1, 2006.

I remember it well as we checked into BCV and received a new brochure with slightly changed verbiage. On May 1, there were these little signs all over the BCMarketplace marking so many new options. I was sitting in my villa that morning or the next outlining some chapters. To relieve my boredom, I DISsed from time to time. Someone reported that snack options had been broadened to most things under $4. I confirmed only to have some deniers. One even stated that the quote I used from the brochure was easy to find anywhere on the internet. I think he was implying I was not at WDW. He was wrong on both counts as no site had the new brochure at that point and the changes weren't on allears, the DIS, Mousesavers, etc.. And I was certainly at WDW.:wizard:

So I do understand Leanne's frustration.;)

I can hardly wait until we get news on the 2008 DDP for US guests.

Leanne, is it customary in the UK for restaurants to provide children's menus or discounted prices on children's meals?

Leanne, is it customary in the UK for restaurants to provide children's menus or discounted prices on children's meals?

Thank you!:thumbsup2

Yes we do have seperate childrens menus here in the UK and they are always at a lower cost to the adult option.

With regards to the DDP cost that Virgin are charging, they are notoriously the most expensive provider of the DDP in the UK. It is a lot cheaper to buy the plan direct from Disney, but sometimes people like the convenience of getting a package holiday all in one go. So please do not think that this is going to be the price if purchased direct from Disney.
I personally wouldnt buy the DDP full stop. But if i did i would get flights seperately and purchase the plan direct from Disney and cut out any added expense of the Tour Operators mark up.

We have the free DDP this year with Virgin but we had to purchase our flight, accomodation and park tickets from them in order to receive the plan.

I'm sure WDW realizes that with the changes to the DDP a number of people (DISers) who know the true costs of things won't do it realizing if every TS meal isn't an expensive place with an expensive entree you lose money. They are counting on people who don't know what things cost buying the plan and then eating at CP, Chef Mickey's, etc and actually paying more for the DDP than what they are getting for the convenience factor. If they don't sell as much as they want to I'm sure they can just ramp up the special packages if they need to. Maybe we'll start seeing Kids eat free promos or double snack promos etc if sales drop off?

Yvonne

Exactly, most guests have no idea that the menus are online. In fact I was told that is one of the reasons that Disney is going to keep changing their menus often, to keep the menus online inaccurate.

I won't be surprised either to see some of the more popular one credit restaurants such as LeCellier become 2 credits.

Leanne's information about Virgin, as stated, is current at this point. Yes they could change it but also as stated it would have to be to offer more value and not less. So what she has shared is correct, even if others would wish otherwise.

However I don't think you will see that happen. Disney works on these packages for a year, I don't see them changing it after the fact.

As to the snack situation, that was simply a case of they ran out of time prior to the release of the brochures to categorize each and every snack. There are over 1500 different ones offered at WDW. They knew they could not offer all of them.

The huge change in snack offerings actually occurred May 1, 2006.

I can hardly wait until we get news on the 2008 DDP for US guests.

I'm sorry about that :guilty:.

I absolutely understand her frustration as well. I remember booking two years in a row without being able to have price information because Disney had not released it.

I am interested in the new plan details as well. I remember people commenting n the surveys that they were asked to participate in and would like to see how they translate into the new plan or plans.

I booked a trip for January 2008 last night. I could only book the room because the prices for the tickets and DDP are not available. I asked the CM when she thought the info would be available and she said 1 1/2 weeks. I asked if she knew anything about the changes in the DDP and she said she didn't hear that it would change-except of course of the price. I did ask her about the tip NOT being included and no appts. She said she hadn't heard that at all. I am going to just go with what she said UNTIL I hear other wise!! IF it changes alot-everyone will change the way they stay and eat at Disney!!! I know I will.:thumbsup2

What, no tip or app's. I know I am late. I never knew this. Ok, well if this is true. I guess we will skip Disney in 2008. I guess I will go on a cruise. :goodvibes

I don't think Virgin made up the information, which is one interpretation of your initial posts.
Surely not my intended meaning.

Past history has demonstrated over and over again that it is really important that we allow for the fact that what Disney eventually officially announces vary from what implications we can draw from other information.

The cutbacks are more significant then many of us expected.
Especially combined with the increase in fee for children, if that corollary implication is also to be made.

Some of us hope or expect Disney will wind up making some changes (improvements) before the terms are officallly announced for the US market.
Indeed!

For months you've been telling us how the DDP was fairly priced based on your spreadsheets and the way you were using it. It was either no more constructive there than mousefan's argument is here....or just the opposite.
I never claimed my spreadsheet said anything about the "big picture". :confused3 I also never made the implication that my spreadsheet said anything about the fairness of the pricing. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter