Is anyone there right now? If so, how are y’all surviving the heat? We arrive Sunday and I’m worried.

Yesterday was brutal; we actually retreated back to the room in the mid-afternoon. It was pretty crowded and not much in the way of a breeze. I would forgo any outdoor sit down meal in the future (we had lunch at Cafe Orleans and sat outside). While great for atmosphere, by the end of the meal we were so hot! The building and umbrellas trapped the heat (it was actually warmer feeling on the patio than put on the walkways).

I would also recommend wearing light colored clothes…and lightweight fabric.

I was at the parks yesterday from about 8:30 til 3:30pm. I didn’t think it was that crowded and surprisingly the heat didn’t get to me the way I though it would. Between 8:30am-11am I road space, buzz, Pooh, splash (single rider) and ROTR. I then had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo. After that I hung out for a bit before going over to ride haunted mansion holiday. I then park hopped to DCA right at about 1pm. I road web slingers twice through the single rider line. That took about 40 minutes. The ride broke down the second time I was in line. I then hung out in the shade by guardians til about 2:30 when they opened the queue back up for monsters after dark. Waited in the non moving line til about 2:55 when they started loading. I then walked through a couple of shops in DCA plus world of Disney before heading back to the car.

I got large cups of water to refill by reusable bottle at award weiners twice and made sure I stayed as hydrated as possible.

Planning to head back tomorrow in the evening to watch Halloween screams.

Seeing more people with neck ACs. I think it is called Coolify. Not sure how good it is though.

It’s too hot!
IMG_5352.png

Seeing more people with neck ACs. I think it is called Coolify. Not sure how good it is though.
If it's the device you wear around your neck with dual fans, I used one last July. It barely made a difference. My son and I are going back in 2 weeks and we will be using cooling towels. Hopefully it won't be as hot and the cooling towels can't do any worse than the neck fan (which was negligible).

It’s 9:45am and the heat is oppressive. We are going to stay indoors in the A/C until our brunch reservation, then we are bailing.

I am really surprised at how crowded it has been this morning. Way way more people here than a typical Sunday morning.
Here now and I agree. Seems hotter than yesterday.

At DCA and it doesn’t help that RSR, GRR, and Incredicoaster are all down!

been a real bad day at DCA 9/4, Grizzly and Incredicoaster been down the entire day (IC just opened back up).

Park opening Grizzly, Incredicoaster, TSMM, Goofy, all down.
Now Racers down.
WS was down for a short while.
We had early entry and it was crappy. We were in line for Webslingers when it went down, so we left. Headed to Pixar Pier and we rode Jesse’s Carousel because nothing else was open. Toy Story and Goofy’s Sky School didn’t open until after the park was officially open. A very poor start to our day.

been a real bad day at DCA 9/4, Grizzly and Incredicoaster been down the entire day (IC just opened back up).

Now Racers down.
Yeah. Fortunately we’re frequent visitors so we don’t have any “must dos” and are fine calling it a day at any point. Unfortunately the friends we’re with aren’t as frequent visitors so it’s been a bit frustrating this morning trying to maximize our time Genie+/ILL and avoid walking back and forth across the park in the heat.

Please be careful everyone! This kind of heat is downright dangerous.

As an aside, why do people keep mentioning sunscreen as though you only need to use it when it's super hot? Reapplying sunscreen every 80 minutes is imperative practically year round in Southern CA, at the very least between about April and October. The UV rays aren't any stronger just because it's hotter. This just aways baffles me.

Carry on.

Now Racers down.

Par for the course when the temps get this high. It causes real operational issues with several outdoor rides. The tracks literally get too hot.

I’m looking at the wait times and I honestly can’t believe there’s so many people there right now. Who could or would stand in those lines?! 60 minutes in 107 degrees to ride Haunted Mansion?? Just crazy!

I’m looking at the wait times and I honestly can’t believe there’s so many people there right now. Who could or would stand in those lines?! 60 minutes in 107 degrees to ride Haunted Mansion?? Just crazy!
FOR REAL! I am absolutely shocked how many people are here and who are remaining outdoors. We have been indoors since 10am and even so we are totally done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter