Is eating allowed during shows/stationary rides?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
just wondering if snacking is allowed on attractions like carousel of progress, country bear jamboree etc...things where you are stationary, (not stage shows where opening food would be rude or distracting to the actors) just thinking about air conditioned snack breaks for the littles

I believe they tell you no eating or drinking is allowed.

I'm pretty sure when we were in CoP last week they had that spiel.

If you're looking for a/c and to eat it would be better to not try and do that during the actual attractions. TBH it can be distracting to other guests too, and for CMs to clean up if there's any mess. Sorta would take me out of learning about our progress :) when someone is sitting next to me snacking on food if I'm being respectfully honest. Napping on the other hand is non-obtrusive ;) **unless you're snoring :laughing:

I believe they tell you no eating or drinking is allowed.

I'm pretty sure when we were in CoP last week they had that spiel.

If you're looking for a/c and to eat it would be better to not try and do that during the actual attractions. TBH it can be distracting to other guests too, and for CMs to clean up if there's any mess. Sorta would take me out of learning about our progress :) when someone is sitting next to me snacking on food if I'm being respectfully honest. Napping on the other hand is non-obtrusive ;) **unless you're snoring :laughing:
haha good because I'm dragging my kids to CoP, if they want to nap while I enjoy A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, have at'er at least I'll be able to focus haha

haha good because I'm dragging my kids to CoP, if they want to nap while I enjoy A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, have at'er at least I'll be able to focus haha
You'll probably see an adult or two napping there at some point if you go on it enough lol. It somehow never feels out of place to see someone napping when it's an indoor show at WDW :upsidedow

You'll probably see an adult or two napping there at some point if you go on it enough lol. It somehow never feels out of place to see someone napping when it's an indoor show at WDW :upsidedow
I feel like the American Adventure is where I see the most people napping. When I saw it in February my mom, the man in the row in front of us AND the woman sitting next to me were all taking a power nap LOL

Also OP disregard what I said. The concensus seems to be no but that begs the question why it's allowed on Tiki Room. I always see people eating in there.

I feel like the American Adventure is where I see the most people napping. When I saw it in February my mom, the man in the row in front of us AND the woman sitting next to me were all taking a power nap LOL

Also OP disregard what I said. The concensus seems to be no but that begs the question why it's allowed on Tiki Room. I always see people eating in there.
Back in 2017..I may have dozed off in American Adventure.. In fairness to me pretty sure it was the Dramamine I had taken but made the mistake of not doing it the night before and the non-drowsy formula def. made me drowsy. I *almost* did doze off in Hall of Presidents last week, I just needed an afternoon coffee though lol

**sorry OP for the napping tangent

secret confession, I LOVE CoP, we are not in a financial position to visit Disney often and sometimes when I'm feeling nostalgic I watch the whole "show" on YouTube 😅

secret confession, I LOVE CoP, we are not in a financial position to visit Disney often and sometimes when I'm feeling nostalgic I watch the whole "show" on YouTube 😅
Ha! I do that as well. I def. watched it several times before our trip started a few weeks ago. I would be making our trip binder and watching/listening to it and then when I was packing the actual suitcase did that as well. I have a YouTube playlist of some WDW and Universal rides and then WDW and Universal land music and I play them when I'm feeling like I need a pick me up. Also have a Spotify playlist as well

I may be wrong, but I think it’s historical to Disneyland. The Dole Whip stand is more connected to the Tiki Room there and they encourage you to see the show with a Dole Whip.

My experience is at DHS’ outdoor shows, snacking is acceptable, while not acceptable at any of the indoor shows there or anywhere. Dole whips in the lineup at Tiki seemed to be graciously igored!

And, I have smuggled a discrete drink and popcorn snack on the Torrowland Transit Authority. (And, always pick up any crumbs)

And, yes, I‘ve ‘let my eyes rest’ 😴while at Hall of Presidents, and occasionally, at CoP!

Back in 2017..I may have dozed off in American Adventure.. In fairness to me pretty sure it was the Dramamine I had taken but made the mistake of not doing it the night before and the non-drowsy formula def. made me drowsy. I *almost* did doze off in Hall of Presidents last week, I just needed an afternoon coffee though lol

**sorry OP for the napping tangent
The non-drowsy Dramamine makes me more drowsy than the regular type.

My nephew and I both fell asleep during the beginning of Ellen's Energy Adventure.

The non-drowsy Dramamine makes me more drowsy than the regular type.

My nephew and I both fell asleep during the beginning of Ellen's Energy Adventure.
At least I know I'm not the only one :laughing: although Ellen's was a known nap place without the aids of meds (I do miss the attraction irrespective of the napping you'd often see from people).

Maybe I should try the regular meds.

I love it too! Last year I watched it three times in a row, all alone in the whole theater.
The Cast member allowed me to stay for the next showings without walking out.
It was great!

My DD16 INSISTS on napping during this attraction---- son and I love it !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter