Is it better to cut off extra transfer paper?

LauraAnn630

See you in April 2011!
Do you think its better to cut off the extra t-shirt transfer paper?
Does it look better than leaving the whole big square?

I bought cheap transfer paper at walmart. It looks pretty good.
Im wondering will more expensive paper look better?

I almost forgot to mirror my design!

Im very surprised at how nice my first t-shirt came out!!

Thanks for all the help and tips!!

I don't know about cutting off the extra. I'm interested in what the others say about it. Don't forget to post pictures of your shirts!

I definately think it looks best to trim as close the the design as possible

the transfer without anything on it will have some shine to it and will be visible

I wore my t-shirt today and Im glad I did. I bought the transfer paper at walmart. Its a value pack ink jet t-shirt transfers made by Avery.

I noticed my transfer is cracking!! It looks terrible.

Is it the transfer paper?

What did I do wrong?

Could it be the paper?

Could it be the old t-shirt I used? (This was my practice shirt)
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

TIA

I've only used the Avery paper from Walmart and have had good luck with no cracking. Others swear by the Ebay paper. I think the most important thing is to follow the directions to a T.

Deb

make sure you follow directions exactly.

Always wash your t-shirt first...and do not use fabric softeners. Never fold accross the iron on. Iron it on very very well. Dont iron the shirt after. Dry it inside out. Leave flat until completely cool. I bought the HP brand paper. My daughters preschool class made shirts for a field trip. Most of us left brand new shirts with the shcool and they were not washed first. They used cheap transfers. They folded the shirts accross the iron on, and I believe they probably did it before they cooled. Half the shirts were terrible. Probably the ones that hadnt been pre washed. The rest werent good. When we unfolded them the came apart where they had been folded. The next year I think they had the avery iron ons. I did the ironing...they had washed the shirts ahead. I made sure I took way more time ironing than they felt was necessary. My dd's has now been washed several times and still looks great. I also made sure the shirts cooled and were not folded accross the design. The ones I made for myself with the hp paper did not hold up well washing. However their first washing my hubbie put them in the high heat hotel dryer without turning them inside out and dryed them till they were baked.

This is crazy. I dont know what I could of done wrong. I followed everything correctly.

Maybe it was the old tshirt I used. This was just a test shirt.

Ill try it again on a new shirt and see what happens.

Maybe the transfer paper was old?

Who knows!!

Im going to cut around the design too.

Ill let ya all know what happens in a few days!

i believe you can try re-ironing the cracked shirt also.. with the cover paper on top of it.

I think i saw someone post before that it helped some. It can't hurt anyway..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter