Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed there was another poorly timed announcement. The first one: Harry send out a press release about Meghan and the press in November 2016 which coincided with Charles/Camilla's diplomatic tour to the Middle East. The rest of their tour was overshadowed by Harry's press release.

While I can understand Harry's need to protect Meghan. However, I do think he had to see the bigger picture and the political implications this has. If they had waited a few days, at least till Charles & Camilla had ended their tour, it wouldn't have been so bad. And then he might have been able to talk to his father about it, instead of sending a 20 minute notification.

OMG...you're right! I kept thinking there was another biggie that involved Charles and Camilla, and that was it. That trip, too, was a Very Big Deal! So much to organize and orchestrate and dangerous to boot.
Really, there is something seriously wrong with both H and M. Seriously.

Lots of time it would be a Instagram post about an already done secret visit dropping when other royals were doing something. She did to Camilla when she was giving a big speech on domestic violence

Always competing for attention is a big red flag of immaturity. Makes me wonder if Harry had a drinking problem when he came of age. When I look at that upstaging list above, I wonder if at least some the royals are thinking of Haz as a has been, at least as far as the royal family goes. Hey Haz, don’t let that door slam on you on your way out.

I connected Harry's job announcement with Zara & Mike Tindall's new baby as stealing thunder. The Sun has written an article where they aimed at taking away the spotlight from Eugenie. Whose birthday was on the same day as the job announcement.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14473776/meghan-harry-clashing/
It's an interesting list (and much longer than I remembered) where H&M announced something at very interesting points in time.
- Oct 18, pregnancy announcement at Eugenie's wedding.
- May 19, release extra wedding pictures on the day of Kate's big gardening project.
- Jan 20, announce Megxit the day before Kate's birthday
- Jan 20, Meghan promoting herself in Canada on the same day as William & Kate's first engagement of the year.
- Apr 20, announce Archewell on the same day as the historic Queen's pandemic speech.
- Jun 20, Meghan & Harry helping veteran's in LA coincided with William's birthday.
- Aug 20, Kate's babybank initiative gets a big press tour, the following day Harry's 'social media is evil' piece is published.
- Dec 20, William and Kate go to support key workers, Harry & Meghan announce their Spotify deal.
- Mar 21, Oprah interview coincides with Commonwealth day
- Mar 21, Harry's job announcement on the day of Eugenie's birthday.

There was also another time that's not in the list, but I do remember that one. As I googled the specifics, I came across another list, where there are more incidents where Harry or Meghan upstaged the senior royals.
- Apr 19, on Louis' 1st birthday Harry & Meghan released promo pictures of themselves in nature.
- Jul 19, Meghan meeting Beyonce at the Lion King premiere overshadowed Kate's role at Wimbledon.
- Oct 19, the ITV interview ("Not many people ask me if I am okay) aired right after William & Kate's political tour in Pakistan.
- Jan 20, Meghan posts pictures of her at a dog shelter on the same day as Kate is doing a tour to promote her children's work.
's
For the ones before Megxit was announced, I do wonder how this all happened, for the ones after, as they were still in their trial year for most of the time, I assume they still had access to, or got informed about the calendars of the other royals.

To be fair, I do think the Lion King premiere was a coincidence, and I am not sure how much Harry & Meghan could influence the timing of certain interviews, like ITV, and the 'social media is evil' publication. I do think could influence the charities and I do think the Oprah interview did premiere on Commonwealth day for a reason.
Not everything in this list was on the same day or the day after. Also one can wonder how much time Harry & Meghan (whether in or out Royal Family) should have to wait between certain engagements and events, although, there must be protocol for that as well. However, there are moments, where H&M could have waited, like why release extra wedding pictures or a cute Instagram post at a dog shelter to coincide with important initiatives by Kate, and why release promo pictures of yourself on Louis' first birthday?
(And announcing you are pregnant at someone else's wedding is always poor taste. No, it doesn't matter that it's a good time because all the family is together and you only have to tell it once)

March 23....National Day of Reflection. H & M's team released a lot of stories, including one on the wedding before the wedding, one of Harry's new jobs and changes in staff at Archewell. That sort of took away from Charles' pre-recorded thank you to one of his charities which I thought was quite well done.

H and M did not release any statements about the National Day of Reflection, just as they didn't release any statements on Harry getting 2 new 2nd cousins (and one was born on a bathroom floor!)

I really think you're on to something.

I'm trying to stay open-minded about H&M - but you guys are making it very difficult! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Didn't they also announce their second child's on the way just when Eugenie was announcing she had given birth to her first? Or have I remembered that wrong?
There was 5 days between Eugenie's baby birth being announced and H&M announcing their pregnancy. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

The story about Diana’s ring being bequeathed to Harry is extremely old news. It was very widely reported when William and Kate were engaged - I can’t see that Ms Markle would have been happy with a sapphire. Her own engagement ring was remade not too long after their wedding to have diamonds studding the sides of the band - much flashier then the plain Welsh gold in the original setting.

They see themselves as the most popular royals!! There was mention before about petty things like how many followers they have compared to William and Kate.

I wonder if they sit back and enjoy the fallout after doing this type of stuff. 🤔 (They say they don‘t read things but they obviously do.) It does seem a little cray-cray ie their compulsive need to show everyone they’re more popular than the others.

I just noticed there was another poorly timed announcement. The first one: Harry send out a press release about Meghan and the press in November 2016 which coincided with Charles/Camilla's diplomatic tour to the Middle East. The rest of their tour was overshadowed by Harry's press release.

While I can understand Harry's need to protect Meghan. However, I do think he had to see the bigger picture and the political implications this has. If they had waited a few days, at least till Charles & Camilla had ended their tour, it wouldn't have been so bad. And then he might have been able to talk to his father about it, instead of sending a 20 minute notification.

I'm not sure there is timing right now though because H and M have something in the press every day for the past 2 weeks, but here is another...

Charles and Camilla were in Greece the past 2 days for the 200th anniversary of Greece's independence...meanwhile Meghan baked a cake and Archewell is teaming up with World Central Kitchen (which actually started at some point before February but the story dropped yesterday).

Charles is taking a lot of flack for the Greece trip but I think he had to go. If Prince Phillip was healthier he would have gone for sure. Yes there are restrictions but he has had covid and been vaccinated and he can quarantine for 2 weeks when he gets back. Prince Phillip was part of the Greek RF

I'm not sure there is timing right now though because H and M have something in the press every day for the past 2 weeks, but here is another...

Charles and Camilla were in Greece the past 2 days for the 200th anniversary of Greece's independence...meanwhile Meghan baked a cake and Archewell is teaming up with World Central Kitchen (which actually started at some point before February but the story dropped yesterday).

Charles is taking a lot of flack for the Greece trip but I think he had to go. If Prince Phillip was healthier he would have gone for sure. Yes there are restrictions but he has had covid and been vaccinated and he can quarantine for 2 weeks when he gets back. Prince Phillip was part of the Greek RF
Meghan baked a cake! Well that is newsworthy! I used to work with a woman who documented every daily aspect of her life for awhile. Is this what we have to look forward to with H&M?

Meghan baked a cake! Well that is newsworthy! I used to work with a woman who documented every daily aspect of her life for awhile. Is this what we have to look forward to with H&M?

well I guess so unless there is a reason to do a story with "a source close to the couple"...

Just looking back over articles I would have never bothered with before, there are so many that remind me of the Gayle King exclusive on Harry's talks with his family. Meghan had been known to be a leaker since before they were married, and several articles from the past year contain things which only she could have known about eg. “He has a lot of friends in the military community in the UK and of course he misses them. This is a very strange time for us all, but I think Harry is missing having a structure to his life right now,” the source said...and these same quotes were used in so many stories at the time, but I think they originated from Vanity Fair articles.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/13/prince-harry-feels-rudderless-without-friends-or-a-job-in-la/

And then there are also the articles that come up after the fact to try to take shade off...like this week a source said that H and M had congratulated Zara privately, or last week that they would have postponed the airing of the interview if Phillip had died.

well I guess so unless there is a reason to do a story with "a source close to the couple"...

Just looking back over articles I would have never bothered with before, there are so many that remind me of the Gayle King exclusive on Harry's talks with his family. Meghan had been known to be a leaker since before they were married, and several articles from the past year contain things which only she could have known about eg. “He has a lot of friends in the military community in the UK and of course he misses them. This is a very strange time for us all, but I think Harry is missing having a structure to his life right now,” the source said...and these same quotes were used in so many stories at the time, but I think they originated from Vanity Fair articles.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/13/prince-harry-feels-rudderless-without-friends-or-a-job-in-la/

And then there are also the articles that come up after the fact to try to take shade off...like this week a source said that H and M had congratulated Zara privately, or last week that they would have postponed the airing of the interview if Phillip had died.

When I read the bolded, all I could think of was, poor little rich kid. I am straining to be sympathetic.

If it bothers you, why pay attention. Posting on Social Media is what social media is for, read it or not, it’s your choice. I guess I don’t get the reading it and getting bothered by reading it. These folks must have a big hold on you.

You all are obsessed with this couple. If their goal is to gather attention you all have certainly helped them achieve that goal.

So, it wasn't that, then. I have a vague idea there was something else, but it currently escapes me.

Well there was a lot of speculation about it at the time, especially since Meghan was only 12 weeks pregnant...a bit soon to make an announcement given she had had a miscarriage last year (which was announced while Charles was doing an official tour of the Solomon Islands)

But I think much of the hoopla about the announcement was that people couldn't see how she could look so pregnant at just 12 weeks. I have no answer but I'm really not into the fake pregnancy stories.

If it bothers you, why pay attention. Posting on Social Media is what social media is for, read it or not, it’s your choice. I guess I don’t get the reading it and getting bothered by reading it. These folks must have a big hold on you.

You all are obsessed with this couple. If their goal is to gather attention you all have certainly helped them achieve that goal.

I actually saw the story because I follow World Central Kitchen...and it wasn't an official release by them because that was back in February. I think they do great work.

I'm interested in this story because it's going to be part of history. Of course it's not like 500 years ago -- Harry would have just raised an army and tried to take the throne from William. But back then, he would have been sure to build up some allies within the royal family rather than just trying to destroy the entire institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter