• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible??

cobbler

DIS Veteran
Ok, small background. I am booked AP rate 10/1 -10/8 at the Coronado and my father and his finace are booked at the same place and time but with package.

We were talking over the weekend and I did some number crunching and it is possible for both of us to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 10/1 - 10/8 with both rooms under my AP discount. It wouldn't be beneficial for him to get the dining at this resort. Soooo I call and of course since AP rates have been out for a bit there is nothing left but courtyard view on up.

We can't afford this rate but could definately do standard and maybe woods view.

I tried checking in on the Sept 30th for 7 nights, the 1st for 7 nights, the 2nd for 6 and the 3rd for 5 nights and we could stay somewhere else the first couple if necessary. NOTHING but courtyard.

Is it possible that the rate might open up?? Or are my chances pretty slim to none? And what time and when would be the best time to call to find out if anything opens up? Should I call everyday (of course I would only do this if there was a decent chance) or every couple of days.

I figure after August 15th I would give up because that is when the final balance for my fathers package is due and I don't want to be stuck with that 100 fee for canceling after that point.

Any info and advice would be very much appreciated :wave2:

There's always hope. Keep trying you never know when someone will cancel. I would say the closer to the 45 cut off before your trip the better your chances will be. Seeing allpackages can be canceled before then w/out penalty! Happy Hunting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter