Is now the time to buy Poly resale?

DaveH28

Earning My Ears
So I am one of those that is super excited for the poly tower and happy that it will be part of the existing association.

I have a good amount of points (all resale) spread amongst multiple contracts already.

I really want/need the 11 month booking window at Poly so I’m going to buy Poly resale points.

My question is, is now the time to buy?

Do you project poly resale prices to go up or down over the next few weeks/months?

Thanks for any insight/opinions!

I would say absolutely, subject to the caveat that you are taking a small risk of Disney changing its mind about the same association. Assuming this does not happen you should be able to save significantly by buying resale instead of waiting for direct, in exchange for giving up the ability to book at Riviera and VDH.

I’m in the same boat as you, I'm holding out for the official word.

If I buy poly resale, and it becomes a different association with restrictions, my poly resale cannot buy poly tower at all.

If it becomes a different association with restrictions, there is no chance I’m buying it direct. I don’t like the poison apple for resale.

If it’s the same association, I will wait for direct incentives, to see what they are. Direct gives me access to Disneyland Villas, Riviera, Wilderness Cabins, full points and a bonus year of points, and a guaranteed tower reservation when it opens.

I'm waiting. It’s a gamble to buy resale now, I’m not risking it. Resale will go up like $20-$30 a point If it's confirmed same resort. I'm willing to eat the potential loss by waiting.

Last edited:

Until there is something more official than “at this point” Poly will be apart of the same association, I would buy knowing (and accepting) the risk of DVC changing course.
Likewise. Personally I wouldn't buy it if the plan is to specifically use it for the tower until there's a definitive Poly is a part of the same association and it's in writing and the papers making it so are signed. It's up to you OP if you think potentially saving like a few grand is worth risking the 20 grand or however much the contract costs you.

I guess I was under the impression that the decision was official and that it was a done deal. I’ve spent the past few minutes browsing some other recent Poly2 threads and I guess there is still speculation about it.

I guess I was under the impression that the decision was official and that it was a done deal. I’ve spent the past few minutes browsing some other recent Poly2 threads and I guess there is still speculation about it.
The board sponsor is saying it's a done deal, but idk then people were saying "At this time, the plan is to make it part of the existing association" and then people were saying the DVC executive who said it afterwards said that they have a long way to go and nothing's finalized yet. So do with that what you will lol

and I guess there is still speculation about it.
No speculation here, it will be. With that being said, I am still waiting because it won’t even go on sale for another year so I have 12 months of potential dips I can take advantage of if I decide to buy into Poly. Probably not now but I would have strongly considered it had it been its own association. No desire to compete with two resorts for one room. Will be CCV 2.0.

The board sponsor is saying it's a done deal, but idk then people were saying "At this time, the plan is to make it part of the existing association" and then people were saying the DVC executive who said it afterwards said that they have a long way to go and nothing's finalized yet. So do with that what you will lol
Of course it being the same association would definitely bump up the value of resale points, which in turn would mean increases in resale commissions, but....

Of course it being the same association would definitely bump up the value of resale points, which in turn would mean increases in resale commissions, but....
I think of DVCRM pretty highly despite my thoughts about their "deals" like sign and stay and I say pretty confidently they wouldn't try and dupe the community over making a quick buck to try and get people to buy resale Poly given that their branding means a lot more to them than selling a few Poly contracts.

That being said, I'm still waiting for official paperwork that would make the tower part of PVB before buying resale Poly.

Pricewise looks a fine time to buy. I’ve seen $130pp on the rofr board - doubt it can go much lower. Even when resale had a short crash in 2020 the lowest was ~$120pp. Over 40 yrs left on that contract and very likely stays popular.

What is less clear to me is how much of the Poly Tower inventory will PVB1 get access. Could be 100%. Small chance it could be none but isn’t 100% impossible. Could be partial access depending if and how the Trust is involved.

If you like the longhouses I think $130pp is for sure a great deal!

I think of DVCRM pretty highly despite my thoughts about their "deals" like sign and stay and I say pretty confidently they wouldn't try and dupe the community over making a quick buck to try and get people to buy resale Poly given that their branding means a lot more to them than selling a few Poly contracts.

That being said, I'm still waiting for official paperwork that would make the tower part of PVB before buying resale Poly.
No one said they were trying to "dupe" anyone. Without a direct commitment from DVC, their opinion is just as valid (and speculative) as anyone else's. However, it's inarguable that the new tower joining the existing association would be tremendously favorable to anyone brokering in the resale market. I think they're nice people too, but their opinion is just that, their opinion.

No one said they were trying to "dupe" anyone. Without a direct commitment from DVC, their opinion is just as valid (and speculative) as anyone else's. However, it's inarguable that the new tower joining the existing association would be tremendously favorable to anyone brokering in the resale market. I think they're nice people too, but their opinion is just that, their opinion.
Yeah maybe dupe wasn't the right word, I guess I should say they're not trying to be misleading intentionally? But agreed it being part of the same association obviously has a lot more financial benefit for them and breathes a lot more life into the resale market.

With the lower price point when GFV went on sale with the shorter contract length - I expect something similar. As a full resale owner with many Poly points, I am waiting out for when the Direct points officially go on sale as it may be finally time to acquire the "blue card."

I would take a few minutes and call a Dvc guide…. Depending on who you get you will hear,

A. We have no Confirmed information.

B. “Our current plan is” subject to change

If you are willing to speculate and buy poly resale now, you might hit it big, or you might end up with points you can’t use at the poly tower…

But until the POS comes out I think the consensus is to wait.

Last edited:
DVC has had plenty of time to clarify their comments from the official meeting. It’s in the bag…
Clarify ? What exactly?

Their plan was and assumingely still is to make it part of the same association….

My guess is if that plan changes they won’t know it until the file the POS. they will let us at that time

Clarify ? What exactly?

Their plan was and assumingely still is to make it part of the same association….

My guess is if that plan changes they won’t know it until the file the POS. they will let us at that time
To clarify if what was being reported was not what they intended… there has been no clarification and so I think it’s safe to assume all systems go for same association with resale. Not 100%, but a pretty safe bet

To clarify if what was being reported was not what they intended… there has been no clarification and so I think it’s safe to assume all systems go for same association with resale. Not 100%, but a pretty safe bet
Why would they clarify purposefully? vague statement?
Why would the guides not own that statement with something more than "yes that was said" and "CURRENTLY that is our plan"

*** u ME right? That is how your spell assumes....

It's a gamble,

The statement was purposefully vague,
Guides are either saying there is no confirmed information, or they are saying out current plan, and that is subject to change....

Until the POS is signed, your bet is about as safe as betting the PASS line in craps...

If you want to gamble on a 200-point contract, at PVB1, that $30,000 on points, you may never be able to use at the poly tower.....

If you think that's a safe bet, I can get you a great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter