Is now the time to buy Poly resale?

Yes, exactly! If the room typically costs 123 points and you purchase a 135 point Favorite Week and decide not to use it that use year you have 135 points to play with. You can bank, borrow, transfer, etc like any other DVC points!
Yep! If you use the points on anything but the FW you get the full amount to use like any other point which is why I said there’s really no downside to owning a FW because you have the option to use the points like normal at any point. It just requires slightly more leg work like you have to call in to cancel the reservation if you let the FW be booked but that’s really it.
Wow! I really wish I had done this with the VGF I bought direct at the end of summer. I have a December use year (no ability to walk from November to December like it seems people are doing right now), and though I don’t think I’ll always book a week in December, it would have been so nice to a have a week in a studio for the years I want.

Edit: If anyone specifically wants poly tower over the longhouses, I think fixed weeks are a good reason to buy direct over resale!

Last edited:
Wow! I really wish I had done this with the VGF I bought direct at the end of summer. I have a December use year (no ability to walk from November to December like it seems people are doing right now), and though I don’t think I’ll always book a week in December, it would have been so nice to a have a week in a studio for the years I want.

Edit: If anyone specifically wants poly tower over the longhouses, I think fixed weeks are a good reason to buy direct over resale!
Those duo studios will absolutely be gone at the tower soon after it goes on sale. It definitely increases the value of resale contracts which is why I did it on my RIV week 50 contract. My thinking was especially for higher in demand times like December the point charts may eventually be adjusted up. In which case, you would still pay the same amount of points for a fixed week. If they decreased the point cost, no problem, just cancel the fixed week and use it like normal. For resale restricted resorts like Riviera and VDH if I ever decided to sell, at the very least the resale owner would know they have that week no matter what until the expiration of the contract and gives them a little extra insurance regarding availability.

Last edited:
Those duo studios will absolutely be gone at the tower soon after it goes on sale. It definitely increases the value of resale contracts which is why I did it on my RIV week 50 contract. My thinking was especially for higher in demand times like December the point charts may eventually be adjusted up. In which case, you would still pay the same amount of points for a fixed week. If they decreased the point cost, no problem, just cancel the fixed week and use it like normal. For resale restricted resorts like Riviera and VDH if I ever decided to sell, at the very least the resale owner would know they have that week no matter what until the expiration of the contract and gives them a little extra insurance regarding availability.
The number of favorite weeks sold for early December is what will keep the point charts low.
If the point charts are rebalanced and FW cost less, then DVD will have to compensate those bookings with their points (that's the explanation DVC gave). This means if they reallocate December more than they have already done, they lose money.
That's why, I think, October increased more than early December in the last round of reallocations, even if the latter is in much higher demand.

The number of favorite weeks sold for early December is what will keep the point charts low.
If the point charts are rebalanced and FW cost less, then DVD will have to compensate those bookings with their points (that's the explanation DVC gave). This means if they reallocate December more than they have already done, they lose money.
That's why, I think, October increased more than early December in the last round of reallocations, even if the latter is in much higher demand.
Interesting 🤔 Either way, still think it’s a good idea to buy FW during the most popular times to increase the value of your contract should you ever have to sell.

I wouldn't count too much on duo studios. They'll probably fly at 11 months all year around. Every cheaper category is always the most difficult to get. DVC members love a bargain.

Undoubtedly, though I've had ok success with it so far at possibly high desirable times (RIV for marathon weekend and VDH for D23). 100 percent though the 11 month window was required and I wait listed into the VDH ones since I sort of missed the D23 ironically same-day 11 month window announcement by a half-day. I think it was coincidence because of this years Destination D23 being placed in September, but it was funny they announced Anaheim's D23 exactly 11 months out.

There's a big difference between 8 Duo Studios amongst 5 million points and ?36 Duo Studios amongst 8 million Poly points though. It's already the one reason I am sort of on the fence about Poly 1/2 being rolled into one another, despite it inevitably saving me money via resale.

Currently we have 24 Tower Rooms at RIV for 6.8 million and 38 at 3.2 million points for VDH (albeit with different view categorizations).

I suspect the 2-person accommodations would be generally more sought amongst Disneyland goers, so it probably somewhat brings down the overall discrepancy, but I strongly approve of how much DVC leaned into the room mix.

So in my very rough math, the accessibility of Duo Studios at the new Poly tower is actually not that atrocious. IF the trust doesn't mess with it too much. If the trust actually does mess with it, trust points are actually not the worst value proposition, as they'll contain a pretty good base of resort opportunity for these room types (RIV/VDH/Poly). Plus the whole reason I personally want semi-unrestricted points is for all my points to still have access to Aulani.

The fixed weeks as people have pointed out are a great deal. I just don't really need that many points and would prefer the cheaper outlay of resale, since it is presumably an option.

Undoubtedly, though I've had ok success with it so far at possibly high desirable times (RIV for marathon weekend and VDH for D23). 100 percent though the 11 month window was required and I wait listed into the VDH ones since I sort of missed the D23 ironically same-day 11 month window announcement by a half-day. I think it was coincidence because of this years Destination D23 being placed in September, but it was funny they announced Anaheim's D23 exactly 11 months out.

There's a big difference between 8 Duo Studios amongst 5 million points and ?36 Duo Studios amongst 8 million Poly points though. It's already the one reason I am sort of on the fence about Poly 1/2 being rolled into one another, despite it inevitably saving me money via resale.

Currently we have 24 Tower Rooms at RIV for 6.8 million and 38 at 3.2 million points for VDH (albeit with different view categorizations).

I suspect the 2-person accommodations would be generally more sought amongst Disneyland goers, so it probably somewhat brings down the overall discrepancy, but I strongly approve of how much DVC leaned into the room mix.

So in my very rough math, the accessibility of Duo Studios at the new Poly tower is actually not that atrocious. IF the trust doesn't mess with it too much. If the trust actually does mess with it, trust points are actually not the worst value proposition, as they'll contain a pretty good base of resort opportunity for these room types (RIV/VDH/Poly). Plus the whole reason I personally want semi-unrestricted points is for all my points to still have access to Aulani.

The fixed weeks as people have pointed out are a great deal. I just don't really need that many points and would prefer the cheaper outlay of resale, since it is presumably an option.
DLH and RIV aren't 100% sold out yet either. Sure all the rooms aren't declared, but we won't have a full view of the booking patterns until they aren't in active sales. I imagine it will get even tougher once resale contracts are resold since they are locked into that one resort.

The other unique factor with Poly Tower is that you have millions of points sold for the original longhouses where a majority of contracts are studio sized. If it's the same association like stated that's a lot more competition if owners only need one bed and/or want to try and squeeze two trips out of their points in a duo vs a deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter