Is the Magic in NYC yet?

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
Dh and I will be on the Magic a week from tomorrow. I usually see some post of Magic making its way to NYC port on these boards. I haven't yet.

Those photos are always so Magical with the ship and the NYC area scenery in the background.

I hope if some is sailing this week they post some photos.

Thanks.

I believe she will arrive Tuesday AM, and with the bad weather between here and the ship I'm sure it's gonna be a rocky final 48 hours , would love to know her position and path to NYC

I am on the Magic now. We will be arriving in NY a day early (Tuesday), but we are disembarking on Wednesday as planned. DCL has arranged for some excursions in NYC for those who are interested.

Are they expecting the Magic to depart as scheduled on Wednesday?

Great news! I hope some post some pictures of their arrival!

7 days and counting.

I am on the Magic now. We will be arriving in NY a day early (Tuesday), but we are disembarking on Wednesday as planned. DCL has arranged for some excursions in NYC for those who are interested.
How do you like the Magic? Considering it for an upcoming cruise.

How do you like the Magic? Considering it for an upcoming cruise.

We love this ship. We have sailed 11 cruises with DCL, and nine have been on the Magic. We've been sailing out of NYC and on different European itineraries during the last five years.

We love this ship. We have sailed 11 cruises with DCL, and nine have been on the Magic. We've been sailing out of NYC and on different European itineraries during the last five years.
Thank you! We just returned from the Dream and loved it. I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Magic next and reviews were a bit inconsistent to say the least. I love that it sails from NYC (no flight required for us!).

I can agree about loving the Magic. She was our first ship with DCL ever (on her maiden voyage back in 1998) and have sailed on her 22 times since with #23 coming on 10/14. I love that ship (even after being on all of them). She's beautiful, intimate, super friendly and of course I have a sentimental attachment to her.

MJ

I can agree about loving the Magic. She was our first ship with DCL ever (on her maiden voyage back in 1998) and have sailed on her 22 times since with #23 coming on 10/14. I love that ship (even after being on all of them). She's beautiful, intimate, super friendly and of course I have a sentimental attachment to her.

MJ

Thanks for the pictures, I saw that thread but didn't revisit, so I missed your photos.

Those pix were exactly what I needed and was looking for.

DH and I sailed in 2012 out of NYC on the 2 night to nowhere. Next week 4 nights to Canada and next year Bermuda. I love that they sail out of NYC! So convenient!

I am doing a juice cleanse right now so I can pig out next week! Crazy! But I have put on a few too many pounds this summer and this way I can justify the eating!!! Palo Brunch here I come!

Thanks for the pictures, I saw that thread but didn't revisit, so I missed your photos.

Those pix were exactly what I needed and was looking for.

DH and I sailed in 2012 out of NYC on the 2 night to nowhere. Next week 4 nights to Canada and next year Bermuda. I love that they sail out of NYC! So convenient!

I am doing a juice cleanse right now so I can pig out next week! Crazy! But I have put on a few too many pounds this summer and this way I can justify the eating!!! Palo Brunch here I come!
Is the Palo Brunch worth doing? We really enjoyed the regular dining room food and options, so were debating whether or not to do it!

Is the Palo Brunch worth doing? We really enjoyed the regular dining room food and options, so were debating whether or not to do it!

I thinks it's worth every penny. It's gone up in price over the years, but the abdunance of food and so delicious.
It's definitely a pig out to meal for us. In an elegant way.

The dining room food is good, but it can not compare to Palo. Brunch or Dinner.

We are not doing any excursions on our crusie next week, so it's on of our only extra expensive. By us in NJ a good brunch on this level would be $40-50 per person.

We are crusing with out our sons they are 17-23, so don't worry they will not miss us. But, when they were younger we love the couple experience during a family vacation.

We love Palo Dinner too, but hubby is an attorney and dresses up everyday, he did not want to bring a suit. Next year on our 5 night to Bermuda, he is bringing the suit!

I like to try everything at least once. :)

I thinks it's worth every penny. It's gone up in price over the years, but the abdunance of food and so delicious.
It's definitely a pig out to meal for us. In an elegant way.

The dining room food is good, but it can not compare to Palo. Brunch or Dinner.

We are not doing any excursions on our crusie next week, so it's on of our only extra expensive. By us in NJ a good brunch on this level would be $40-50 per person.

We are crusing with out our sons they are 17-23, so don't worry they will not miss us. But, when they were younger we love the couple experience during a family vacation.

We love Palo Dinner too, but hubby is an attorney and dresses up everyday, he did not want to bring a suit. Next year on our 5 night to Bermuda, he is bringing the suit!

I like to try everything at least once. :)
Great, thank you for the feedback! Will have to consider this for our next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter