Is the Magic in NYC yet?

Ok DCL fans.....my wonderful husband took me to lunch in the City today to Katz's Deli (yum) and then took me to see the Magic in port. Did I mention he is wonderful! Of course I took pics! I apologize for the clarity but most were taken right at the mid level of the port through dirty plexiglass! We couldn't find a place to park so we just drove in and up to the mid-level. There was one other car there but no one else. I got out and took some pics.

MJ
Thanks for posting I took one picture from my office window but yours are much nicer.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread as I work across the Hudson River in NJ and I have a slight view of the port from my building.
Seeing the Magic really brightened up my day! Can't wait to sail her again Oct 21st!

Sorry not as good a pic as other's who are closer but something is better than nothing! I'm hoping to get a picture as she sails by my office next week!

IMG_6210.JPG IMG_6211.JPG

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread as I work across the Hudson River in NJ and I have a slight view of the port from my building.
Seeing the Magic really brightened up my day! Can't wait to sail her again Oct 21st!

Sorry not as good a pic as other's who are closer but something is better than nothing! I'm hoping to get a picture as she sails by my office next week!

View attachment 272716 View attachment 272717

Nice pics!! She sails out tomorrow night for a 5 night cruise to Canada.

MJ

We're here.....we didn't go to Canada because of the hurricane. Everyone had to get off today, because of US customs, and we walked to Times Square. Once we got back to the terminal building, we paused because we didn't know where to go. There was a security guy that said, "take the escalator." We looked to the left and right, and didn't see an escalator. Then he said, "go to your left." Needless to say we were glad to get back to the ship, where the crew is more friendly. Ready to go home tomorrow.

We're here.....we didn't go to Canada because of the hurricane. Everyone had to get off today, because of US customs, and we walked to Times Square. Once we got back to the terminal building, we paused because we didn't know where to go. There was a security guy that said, "take the escalator." We looked to the left and right, and didn't see an escalator. Then he said, "go to your left." Needless to say we were glad to get back to the ship, where the crew is more friendly. Ready to go home tomorrow.

Do you mean everyone had to debark and go through customs and then come back later? If so, does that mean you don't have to go through customs tomorrow morning?

MJ

Do you mean everyone had to debark and go through customs and then come back later? If so, does that mean you don't have to go through customs tomorrow morning?

MJ
Probably. That way they only have to staff that one day (today).

They didn't stop in Canada because of the hurricane...I'm guessing Jose? Wonder if Maria will impact the Canadian sailing tomorrow :(

Just called guest services, and they said we went thru immigrations today, and customs will be tomorrow.....

Thanks, everyone for all the great photos. I was in North Jersey today and was temped to drive down by West New York and see the ship, but I didnt. I will save that for this coming Monday.

So excited! Weather for next week looks nice. And for St. John, N.E. Day looks good sunny and 65 degrees.

Sounds like my experiences in New York.

MJ

Yes, everyone had to disembark and go through immigration this morning. You were not allowed back on the ship until everyone was off. We chose to walk down towards Chelsea Pier and away from the crowds. I now have a U.S. stamp in my U.S. passport.

We were told that we would be called by deck, starting with 8. Seven was called not long after 8, and then 6 within a reasonable timeframe. We were on deck 5, and we waited for a long time to be called. When we saw no one leaving the ship, we decided to just leave. Immigration had about 6 lines open with at least 1 dedicated to non-U.S. citizens.

Tomorrow, as a PP stated, we go through customs. Some passengers did decide to completely leave today. Since we paid for 11 nights, we were staying on the ship.

Yes, everyone had to disembark and go through immigration this morning. You were not allowed back on the ship until everyone was off. We chose to walk down towards Chelsea Pier and away from the crowds. I now have a U.S. stamp in my U.S. passport.

We were told that we would be called by deck, starting with 8. Seven was called not long after 8, and then 6 within a reasonable timeframe. We were on deck 5, and we waited for a long time to be called. When we saw no one leaving the ship, we decided to just leave. Immigration had about 6 lines open with at least 1 dedicated to non-U.S. citizens.

Tomorrow, as a PP stated, we go through customs. Some passengers did decide to completely leave today. Since we paid for 11 nights, we were staying on the ship.
How was the cruise and why did you skip Canada?

View attachment 272716 View attachment 272717
I hope you do another trip report, I love reading yours. We're heading out on her next week, 10/6!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter