Is the skyliner worth a special trip?

All 15 in our family LOVE to ride the Skyliner - ages 0-4, 30-37, 58-61. None of us have a significant fear of heights. It's a relaxing, quiet, breezy ride for just your travel group with pretty views. Any time we can, we take a ride on it, especially when are having a "resort day" outside the parks, or when we want to visit a resort for a meal and a break from the busyness of the parks. To be sure, we enjoy many kinds of transportation at WDW, riding the boats & monorail for the fun of it sometimes too. The Skyliner rivals the MK area boats for me as a personal favorite.

When you're on such a short visit to the parks though, you may not want to use up pricey park ticket time, just to ride the Skyliner. If you already plan to end your park touring before the Skyliner stops running one evening, that would be a good time to ride it, IMO. For US, it's definitely worth a detour. YMMV.

Planning to ride the Skyliner from Hollywood Studio's when they close at 7 and then have dinner at the Riviera Resort. Would the Skyliner still take us back to Hollywood Studio's where our vehicle would be parked? Even though they close at 7?

Planning to ride the Skyliner from Hollywood Studio's when they close at 7 and then have dinner at the Riviera Resort. Would the Skyliner still take us back to Hollywood Studio's where our vehicle would be parked? Even though they close at 7?

I think they run the Skyliner to the Studios for one hour after closing time. If I'm right about that, you most likely wouldn't have enough time.

I loved Skyway as a kid and was very excited when the Skyliner opened. Took a short trip to WDW in October 2019 with a main goal of "joyriding" the gondola. Sadly the Skyliner shut down the entire time I was there.
😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter