Is there a "best place to get a churro" at DLR

I'm totally prepared to be hated but - I have only had one churro at DL, and it was fine, but I did not think it was markedly different from the churros I can get for $1 at costco. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

I don't think I've ever had a churro at either DLR or WDW. I know, shocking! I will try to resolve this issue in December.

I'm totally prepared to be hated but - I have only had one churro at DL, and it was fine, but I did not think it was markedly different from the churros I can get for $1 at costco. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

No. Costco churros are GOOD!

You can buy the same Churros Disneyland sells at many supermarkets in CA. They are Tio Pepe's brand. We buy them and they are the same exact churro. They cost about 50 cents when you buy a box of 6 for $3.00. They are smaller than DL's but not by much.

My son likes what he calls the "churro whip". He likes dipping churros into dole whips :) Not sure if this is still there, but in Downtown Disney there used to be a churro cart that sold an ice cream sandwich made of churros.

No, they're on par with Costco, the local stadium, a few fast food places and frozen from the grocery store. Try the mini frozen ones from Trader Joe's. Small size and in a resealable bag.

My son likes what he calls the "churro whip". He likes dipping churros into dole whips :) Not sure if this is still there, but in Downtown Disney there used to be a churro cart that sold an ice cream sandwich made of churros.

Yeah, it's still there. They also have different flavors like Oreo (chocolate with cream filling), salted caramel, apple, etc. It's a different brand than the Disneyland churros though. It's called the "California Churro company". The Oreo one is good, the other flavors I've tried are only so-so.

I personally don't like Costco churros all that much. I find them denser/more doughy than the Disneyland ones. But yeah, otherwise as others have said, you can probably buy the same churros at a grocery store. Lots of the snacks at DLR are just stuff you can buy at home. I mean the popcorn was previously Orville Redenbacher, and now it's Pop Secret, yet I'm still paying $4 for a bag of popcorn that I could make in my microwave for 25 cents.

My dd and I had a plan a couple summers ago to eat a churro from every cart in both parks...I think at the time she calculated 14 and we were planning to share each one. We quit about 5 carts in....there IS such a thing as a bad churro at DL. Our favorite cart is Willy's in DCA. We buy our first and often only churros there. And, no, Costco churros are not the same.

I am not a churro person. Or really a donut person. Give me some ice cream.

Na...I am with ya. I LOVE a good churro and bakery type deserts but have also had better than DL...They are not at all bad in my book, but is is more of a tradition. Smart and Final has amazing ones that you toss in your oven that I like better.

But everything just tastes batter cuz you are in Disneyland!

Na...I am with ya. I LOVE a good churro and bakery type deserts but have also had better than DL...They are not at all bad in my book, but is is more of a tradition. Smart and Final has amazing ones that you toss in your oven that I like better.

But everything just tastes batter cuz you are in Disneyland!

The ones Smart&Final sells are the same ones you get at DL. Tio Pepe's brand. That is where I buy them. I once saw the Tio Pepe's box when they were restocking a DL Churro cart...

We got a couple at the cart by the Haunted Mansion last week. It was super hot and fresh and tasted great to me, but my kiddo said the one at the ballpark was probably better. (shurg)

They had a Sour Watermelon flavor at that cart, along with the classic. We did not try it.

All the Churro carts are mostly the same. If you want fresh fresh Churros, the best ones are the busiest ones.
DLR:
1) Churro cart on the right hand side of the castle
2) Churro cart in Fantasyland by the parade route
3) Churro cart in front of Haunted Mansion

DCA: In the very front plaza is the only churro cart thats busy.

Source: i used to sell churros. :]

I got one once at arguably the least busy stand before, the one near Grizzly River Run, and it was still ok, but not warm. The warm/hot ones near Star Trader taste better to me as they are usually fresh and warm.

Costco are also very good.

I know they are all the same around the parks, but my family and I swear the best ones are at the cart across from the Starbucks in DCA. It's right where you go to get to Soarin! I'm sure it's mental but we are convinced! LOL

I read on a blog they have new galactic churros at Flik's Fun Fair if you are also going to California Adventure...

IMG_3301.jpg

Hmm, the churros in WDW and DLR both tasted the same to me, never even considered there would be a difference haha.

In Disneyland I think the Frontierland cart is the LEAST busy. They all serve the same churros though. Tomorrowland cart always has a big line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter