• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a limit on how many times you can upgrade tickets?

traveljunkie

Mouseketeer
I currently have 3 day park to park (purchased at UT). Here's what I want to do--first upgrade to 4 day - 3 park for Volcano bay. I will be going during AP block out time period. My last day, I would like to upgrade to AP's. Can I do this?

Also, if Volcano Bay was our last park of the trip, can the upgrade be done there or only inside the gate at US/IOA for best price?

Thank you!

no one with experience with doing this :scared:
Here's another upgrading question--IF we only go to US/IOA (not add Volcano bay) and upgrade to a 4 day p2p (from 3 day P2P),
1) I think it would be $10 to add a day based on online prices
2) I think I have to wait until the evening of the 4th day to upgrade to an AP so that I can still do the P2P on the 4th day since it's a blockout period?
3) Do they close the Customer Relations window way before park closing?
Is this how to do this correctly?

I currently have 3 day park to park (purchased at UT). Here's what I want to do--first upgrade to 4 day - 3 park for Volcano bay. I will be going during AP block out time period. My last day, I would like to upgrade to AP's. Can I do this?

Also, if Volcano Bay was our last park of the trip, can the upgrade be done there or only inside the gate at US/IOA for best price?

Thank you!

Interesting question, can't say I've seen it posed here in the past. Suggest you contact Universal directly, email or call.

I'm wondering if you first upgrade to the 3 park tix, whether you'd be tied into the pricier 3 park AP?

Keep in mind, despite best laid plans, prices can increase any time.

Post back when you get a definitive answer please.

ok, hopefully I have this right--I just spoke to Guest Services (407) 224-4233 option #4
so I CAN upgrade to 3 park, 4 day but the minute I USE the 3rd park - Volcano Bay- I can only upgrade to a 3 park AP
She told me you can keep re-upgrading to a 5 day ticket as long as it's before leaving the last day.

I just called back in to get more clarification and I'm more confused than ever. This Agent told me that since I am planning to go during a peak time, I cannot upgrade to a seasonal AP(with blockout) even though I told her I would be on my 3rd day of my 3 day ticket before upgrading and I wouldn't be using it as AP (that's why I was thinking to upgrade to a 4 day before doing the AP.
Also, she said that gate prices are about $20 more than what's online.

HAHA the moral of the story is--wait to see in the park. I called yes, a THIRD time. This agent told me online prices are the same as gate, that I can upgrade to a seasonal pass and don't have to worry about the blockout (unless I wanted to use on this trip-which I knew). Anyway, for whatever this report back is worth--you can get different answers depending on who you talk to....

Guess I'll find out next month.

ok, hopefully I have this right--I just spoke to Guest Services (407) 224-4233 option #4
so I CAN upgrade to 3 park, 4 day but the minute I USE the 3rd park - Volcano Bay- I can only upgrade to a 3 park AP
She told me you can keep re-upgrading to a 5 day ticket as long as it's before leaving the last day.

I just called back in to get more clarification and I'm more confused than ever. This Agent told me that since I am planning to go during a peak time, I cannot upgrade to a seasonal AP(with blockout) even though I told her I would be on my 3rd day of my 3 day ticket before upgrading and I wouldn't be using it as AP (that's why I was thinking to upgrade to a 4 day before doing the AP.
Also, she said that gate prices are about $20 more than what's online.

HAHA the moral of the story is--wait to see in the park. I called yes, a THIRD time. This agent told me online prices are the same as gate, that I can upgrade to a seasonal pass and don't have to worry about the blockout (unless I wanted to use on this trip-which I knew). Anyway, for whatever this report back is worth--you can get different answers depending on who you talk to....

Guess I'll find out next month.

Online ticket prices are $20 more than gate but not for annual passes. That may be where that confusion was.

Other people have upgraded to a seasonal pass during a non-seasonal time.

Makes sense about the Volcano Bay thing and using your ticket at Volcano Bay means your AP would be a 3 park AP. I upgraded a 3 park ticket to a seasonal pass in October but I did not use the ticket at Volcano Bay.

I’m wanting to do something similar. Not upgrade to 4 day or add a park but I would like to upgrade to a AP on our last day b/c of the black out dates
Hopefully it works out for both of us

I’m wanting to do something similar. Not upgrade to 4 day or add a park but I would like to upgrade to a AP on our last day b/c of the black out dates
Hopefully it works out for both of us

Lots of people have done that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter