Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

I have college student pizza standards. But I feel like the pizza at Primo Piatto was decent?

No, there is not good pizza anywhere in Florida IMO. The pizza quality starts getting bad once you leave Northern New Jersey. (And yes, I'm a pizza snob, I live in CT where we have Pepe's, Sally's, and quite a few other unbelievably good pizza places.)

Your only chance for somewhat acceptable pizza is if you can find a national chain whose pizza isn't bad to begin with.

No, there is not good pizza anywhere in Florida IMO. The pizza quality starts getting bad once you leave Northern New Jersey. (And yes, I'm a pizza snob, I live in CT where we have Pepe's, Sally's, and quite a few other unbelievably good pizza places.)

Your only chance for somewhat acceptable pizza is if you can find a national chain whose pizza isn't bad to begin with.
I live in MD now but grew up in NJ. The pizza quality goes down the toilet once you leave NJ. In September I went to visit a friend who lives in NJ and I wanted to get pizza since I missed pizza that didn't taste bad lol

Florida is a very big state. How you all can just say good pizza does not exist anywhere in the state is beyond me.

And speaking of CT @rangerxenos, I just stumbled across a review of Fantini's New Haven Style Apizza (Port St. Lucie area) and it got a great review when compared to CT pizza. Just one of many examples of much more than decent pizza in FL.

Fanny Doolee likes PizzeRizzo, but hates Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc.

WDW generally does not have good pizza. I wouldn't say the entire state doens't because I once went to a Giordano's down there and it was great. That's a Chicago chain though with deep-dish style pizza. I can't speak for local FL joints.

Last edited:

The answer to the question depends on where you live. As a North Jersey person, I completely agree. I retired last year to south Jersey and have yet to find decent pizza here. LOL

People from this neck of the woods will tell you there is no decent pizza in Florida. I don’t consider that being a snob just a matter of taste.

Folks from other areas seem to find acceptable pizza in Florida. I’ve eaten and found Flippers to be passable… but great pizza, it ain’t.

I can’t answer a question about whether there is decent pizza in Florida if you don’t say where you’re from. And you can’t really respond if you don’t say where you’re from.

BTW, lived in Chicago for a number of years…. That’s a whole different conversation! LOL

Well, I’m just saying that outside of a handful of US states, nowhere else has good BBQ or Mexican/TexMex, especially New Jersey🤣 There you go pizza snobs.
You're not even wrong. NJ has awful BBQ. Maryland does too (well, American BBQ anyway. Korean BBQ here rules).

Well, I’m just saying that outside of a handful of US states, nowhere else has good BBQ or Mexican/TexMex, especially New Jersey🤣 There you go pizza snobs.
I was sort of thinking the same. There are plenty of people who haven't had NJ pizza, yet they manage to find and enjoy pizza in every other state. I would love to try some authentic NJ pizza, but I'm not going to avoid pizza from other places because I've had some really tasty pies over the years.

I once went to a Giordano's down there and it was great. That's a Chicago chain though with deep-dish style pizza.

Lake Buena Vista
12151 S APOPKA VINELAND RD
ORLANDO, FL 32836

or Kissimmee
7866 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747
just off property on 192 down near Bliz' Beach

I'm from Chi' and this is legit deep dish ..... which also means it takes about 45 minutes to cook a large ....

Um, OK. The discussion was pizza… no reason NJ would have anything special in BBQ or Tex/Mex. Isn’t that another thread?

This thread makes me laugh because after 14 years of living in FL and whining about my beloved hometown pizza place in NJ, DH and I went there on a visit back up north, got a slice, sat on the boardwalk eating it, and before DH even asked "really? This is it?" I was already thinking in my head how absence must make the heart grow fonder. :laughing:

I think Via Napoli is very tasty but then I always stick with the carciofi (white pie with artichokes and truffle oil). If I ate pizza all the time though, I probably wouldn't want to eat it at Disney.

And it's not anywhere near WDW, but Mister 01 in Miami was the best pizza I've ever had in ANY state - NY, NJ, or IL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter