Is this normal???

Sometimes I think we all need a regular everyday spouse, and then a Disney spouse! :rotfl2:

I agree with you. It would make everything much easier

It frustrates me when people say that young kids will not remember a trip. I remember going to disneyland when I was young. I don't remember specific events, but small things like the stroller and falling asleep in my dads shoulders while watching fantasmic. and sorcerer mickey. It left me with a familiar feeling and as I got older I remembered more and now when I go back to DL I feel like I'm at home. Plus the parents know what happens and I love hearing stories about my sister and I that I don't remember.(like waiting an hour to ride dumbo but leaving once we got to the front to go to the bathroom:blush:)Anyone who says taking a small kid to disney doesn't know what theyre missing and what memories they are denying their kids.

My in-laws are semi into Disney. They have taken the whole family to Orlando twice in 2 years but they can't go when it's hot or crowded, no one can get going before noon, and they can't possibly stay longer than 3 hours at a park at one time. They skip the fireworks! :eek: It is very frustrating. Not to mention that staying on Disney property is a giant waste of money. :confused3

I do believe in the Disney gene. I have wonderful memories of my dad and me on the tea cups, space mountain and the haunted mansion, just to name a few. And now to share the same experiences with my children, is just, pardon the pun, priceless. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Oh, 54 days! I can't wait! :thumbsup2

I was just wondering if anybody else encounters the same "dissaproval" of going to WDW that I get. My in laws could care less about anything....especially going to WDW. My DD and I as well as my parents are very much into WDW. The in laws were all about us "wasting" money....'y'all don't need to go and throw money away like that" and so on and so forth. But of course when it came to us bringing them something back...they were all for that! Does anybody else encounter the people I'm starting to call "the bringer downers"? How do you respond to their foolishness?

YES! And that's when I re-named the in-laws the outlaws!

That is so funny! I get a lot of disapproval too. But, I think people are just really jealous, because they can't go as often as we do. WDW is the happiest place on earth, and it's the only place where there is something for every age group to do. I have a 15, 11 and 7 year old twins, and everyone always has a gfeat time!!!

I just let what others say go right thru. They can say all they want, I'll still go to the world and have a great time.

I inherited the Disney bug from my parents so they totally understand but my inlaws have never been to disney and for 6 years lived only 90 min from WDW(are they crazy?)My DD and I can't get enough of it but my DH and DS only go for us. My husband hates that our Disney trips are a running joke at work and because of this after are last trip in Oct of 2005(free dining:cool1: )he said no more Disney for 2 years so last year we went to San Antonio(boring)Well a month shy of 2 years we will be back Sept. 12-19(free dining again:banana:)

DLR----- Too many to count

WDW
1st trip --off site Jan 1998
2ND trip-- off site Feb 1999
3rd trip -- Radisson celebration Oct 2002
4th trip-- POP Oct 2005
5th trip-- as sports Sept. 2007

Sometimes I think we all need a regular everyday spouse, and then a Disney spouse! :rotfl2:

DH is both. I only need one spouse in my case.:thumbsup2 The other thing people have a problem with is that DH and I are mid-forties :eek:. We own DVC :eek: and we don't have children:eek: . Don't even get me started on the comments you get to all that.

I was just wondering if anybody else encounters the same "dissaproval" of going to WDW that I get. My in laws could care less about anything....especially going to WDW. My DD and I as well as my parents are very much into WDW. The in laws were all about us "wasting" money....'y'all don't need to go and throw money away like that" and so on and so forth. But of course when it came to us bringing them something back...they were all for that! Does anybody else encounter the people I'm starting to call "the bringer downers"? How do you respond to their foolishness?
I've been dealing with this for 20 years! My hubby doesn't share my affection for WDW; he stopped going 10 years ago. I just ignore him. I tend not to discus it with him, so he doesn't deflate my Disney bubble! So if they starting whining about you wasting your money, I would just politely change the subject. Some people just don't get it! And TOO bad for them! ;)

DH is both. I only need one spouse in my case.:thumbsup2 The other thing people have a problem with is that DH and I are mid-forties :eek:. We own DVC :eek: and we don't have children:eek: . Don't even get me started on the comments you get to all that.
My sister & her husband LOVE Disney & are childless as well. Why do people care if you love Disney & don't have kids? Is it against the law or something? The looks & comments they get are unbelievable!

To My Fellow Disney Lovers - So glad I found this forum. Have been to Disney every year since 1971 except one. My son grew up on Disney, and of course I exposed my grandchild to my insanity. So, I have grown from a young mother, to a grandmother doing my Disney thing, and will continue until I can no longer do so.

I too, have the questions of why Disney, that's for children. My response, Disney is for the child in all of us. So many people don't realize Disney is for adults too. You don't have to step foot in a park to have a delightful vacation. Even my grandchild (16) is willing to go down and not go to any of the theme parks, he is quite content to enjoy the activities of the resort, water parks, or Downtown Disney. Quite often our trips to EPCOT are for dining only.

In 1985 we moved 25 minutes from Disney, became Annual Passholders, and find ourselves there for either breakfast, lunch or dinner monthly. We use Disney as a close weekend retreat, check in on Thursday, and depart on Sunday, for much needed R&R. Our goal was to stay at every resort on property, and we have accomplished that feat, except for the Values, as they don't offer the dining and amenities we crave. We even have memories of resorts that don't exist anymore. There are so many things for adults to experience at the different resorts and around property, that most people don't even know exist, maybe I'll refer the nay sayers to this forum for a Disney education.

Well folks, you have just been introduced to another avid Disney fan, I hope you all will continue to enjoy the "magic" as I do.

Many Happy Disney Days!!!!

I usually don't tell the "bringer downers" till just before we go on our trip. Who needs them bringing you down when your planning a trip and when we are getting ready to go I'm so excited I could care less what they think. Fortunetly disney is not for everyone or it would be even more crowded than it already is!:rotfl:

I've been dealing with this for 20 years! My hubby doesn't share my affection for WDW; he stopped going 10 years ago. I just ignore him. I tend not to discus it with him, so he doesn't deflate my Disney bubble! So if they starting whining about you wasting your money, I would just politely change the subject. Some people just don't get it! And TOO bad for them! ;)

Hi There mzliza -- I've got you beat, I been dealing with Disney since 1971, opening year. My husband may not understand my affection/obsession with WDW, but he likes it enough to return with me whenever I want, dosen't complain, and enjoys himself as much as I do. He just loves to take our nieces and nephews from out of town and show them a really A++ Disney vacation. He doesn't even complain about the $$, spent at Disney whether it be for us or for family and friends. Whenever family/friends are planning to stay on property, he is the first to ask did you get reservations for us, or have you directed them as to which resort to choose, and then he starts to plan their itinerary. I guess you could say that hubby is as into Disney as I am, but as a man, just doesn't want to admit it.

For those who can't understand the love, I agree with you "TOO" bad. I think there are enough Disney lovers to keep the place going forever, just as Walt wanted.

Have a great day!!

That disapproval takes on a whole new level if you buy into DVC. :sad2:

LOL!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Myself, DH and DD then 3 went ot WDW. We went thought DVC and said we would not be back - once was enough! :rolleyes: We went back 2x the year she was 7, 2x the year she was nine and turned 10 (went over her birthday:rolleyes1), .... see a pattern emerging:rotfl2: ..... went when she was 10 and bought into DVC :cool1: . And have gone back at LEAST once a year since then and she is almost 14!

Went on our first DISNEY cruise this year, April 2007 and had a BLAST. Saving up for next trip in 2009. BUT :thumbsup2 going to WDW over Thanksgiving week.

We took my mom, she liked it, but did not understand why we ant to go back every year... you could save that money for retirement... Sorry, I want to enjoy it now.

As for going other places, I like the variety that WDW offers, with things to see and do. Hard to explain the concept, but others with the WDW fever :sick: know what I am talking about. :cheer2:

-Paula

Lewanc, I was just reading your post since I was busy posting at the same time I did'nt see it. I agree with what you said about there being so much more to disney than just the parks. I too love the resorts and their theming and the restaurants strolling on the boardwalk after dinner watching the jugglers and such going to downtown disney the waterparks with their great theming the cm's are always friendly and helpful and they go out of their way for you more than we have received elsewhere. Everytime we go to disney I find more things I enjoy about it and something else I would like to do on a future trip. Reading your post makes me look forward all the more to our next trip especially since we will not be spending as much time in the parks this trip due to the heat and the labor day weekend crowds but with so many other things to do and see I can't wait to go.:woohoo:

Today around the lunch table, one person who has actually been to WDW in the last ten years said, "But it's just kids rides there. There's nothing for adults to do." :rolleyes:

LOL!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Myself, DH and DD then 3 went ot WDW. We went thought DVC and said we would not be back - once was enough! :rolleyes: We went back 2x the year she was 7, 2x the year she was nine and turned 10 (went over her birthday:rolleyes1), .... see a pattern emerging:rotfl2: ..... went when she was 10 and bought into DVC :cool1: . And have gone back at LEAST once a year since then and she is almost 14!

Went on our first DISNEY cruise this year, April 2007 and had a BLAST. Saving up for next trip in 2009. BUT :thumbsup2 going to WDW over Thanksgiving week.

We took my mom, she liked it, but did not understand why we ant to go back every year... you could save that money for retirement... Sorry, I want to enjoy it now.

As for going other places, I like the variety that WDW offers, with things to see and do. Hard to explain the concept, but others with the WDW fever :sick: know what I am talking about. :cheer2:

-Paula

I hope to be a DVC member one day.:cloud9: I think first I just have to convert my guy into a disney man. I think he likes it, but doesn't want to admit. I have a lot of work to do before i can one day be DVC.

Our families aren't too bad, except for my brother (but I don't get his obsession with hunting and fishing, either).:confused3
We are DVC members, too, and we were able to "convert" many of my husband's family members by taking them all on a trip one year. 11 of us in a grand villa. My DBIL had been once, in August, with a 4 year old, and hated it. He really didn't want to go with all of us, but he gave in. We were there in early February, so the crowds and heat were much less, we planned everything and played Julie cruise director to everyone. They couldn't believe how much we saw/did in that short 4 day trip! And best of all, my DBIL said he could NOT believe how much fun he had!!!! HA!
This November we are taking my DH's cousins and 8 year old DD. They have never been and are very excited to "let us do all the planning" for them.
So, I get to be Julie Cruise Director one more time!!!!!:banana:

That disapproval takes on a whole new level if you buy into DVC. :sad2:

OMG yes it does!
in our case it is my grandparents and even my brother ( by the way- he lives with us for free and nearly got his bum kicked out for questioning how I spend my money).

I think my grandparents just had to make do with a lot less, especially when they were our age. A Disney type vacation was a luxury and a really big deal. They went once, in the 70s (my first trip).

At least my in-laws approve. We are taking my MIL to Disney for the 1st time this fall. She is beyond excited.

After going the 1st time with our 3 yr old DD, we brought home a little souvenier. When our older DD was 7, and little souvenier was 3, we went back. My mom's response was "I would think that once was enough. Why do you want to go back again?" Because it's magic and brings out the little kid in all of us who belives in pixie dust, princesses and Mickey Mouse.

The whole reason I was determined to take my kids is because I was promised a trip when I was 8, before my DSis was born. And big suprise, they never took me. I was sooo dissapointed. It ended up being everything I'd always dreamed of.

I then asked my mom "Why do you keep going back to Panama City Beach and Pigeon Forge? It's not like you haven't seen the beach and a mountain before?" She couldn't answer me......:rotfl:

I just got back from the beach and the whole time I kept thinking..I'ts ONLY 3 more hours to WDW...but I couldn't convince DH to go :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter