IS this postcard rate any better than codes?

supamaki

Drinkin' around the world!
I got a postcard for AKL for $129. I didn't call about others yet, but I was just wondering if this was better or the same as codes. It's good from 10/3-10-5 (weird huh?) and then 10/11-11/02

I got the same postcard in the mail the other day, for that rate but I think you can get a code for $139 an night for the savannah view insted of the standard view. I am not shure though what the code is, sorry! :)

I got the postcard, too... for AKL, 129/night, BUT the code for the same time period is 119/night!
Supamaki,
Go to mousavers.com and see the codes listed there.

tinofan:D

"CODE" rates
AKL Standard view $119
AKL Savannah $159

AP Rates
AKL Standard $109
AKL Savannah $19

I forgot to mention, at the bottom of the card it says "Be sure to ask for code CKU"
I didn't see that one on mousesavers.
It also says "Special rates also available from Nov 3 to Dec 25, 2002

Supamaki -

This is one of those "postcard codes" they mention on mousesavers - there is a pin# on the card that generally restricts its use to the person to whom the card is sent. This is why they don't post these codes online! It may seem sort of pointless to have the card when other code rates are available...but those other code rooms (the ones with codes that can be used by anyone) book up fast!! Postcards might help you get a better rate, at least, if the other discounted rooms are all booked up - I assume they are different room blocks...

I also got this card - and we are going to WDW at that time, but we got the CKO code rate at the Beach Club - a quick jaunt to Epcot and the Food and Wine festival!! Soooo painful to sacrifice a great rate at the AKL... I wonder if they would offer me a better rate at the BC?? Maybe I'll try it.

I used my first postcard back in 99 to get a better rate at the Beach Club, when the card was for the Contemporary. I had asked about most deluxes, and decided on the Beach Club. You won't get the AKL rate, but you'll get a good one. It's totally transferable.

I'm not a holy roller but I rather see you in a moderate or value resort and give the difference to charity. Afterall, it will be holiday time.

Besides, NYE is what you make of it with your loved one, not the resort. I'm not against a romantic dinner, etc. but the rest is not value at $450/night. If this is pocket change for you then by all means go for it.

Thanks, Supamaki!! I will give this a shot right now - let's see what they offer me...I figured it would be more than AKL, but maybe it will be less than what I'm payin'.

You guys are fantastic!

Let me know what you get, I'm not interested in the AKL either.

Thanks

Wow!! I still can't get into a standard view, but the water view went from $239/night to $229 using the postcard rate! If I am able to finagle a standard view between now and our trip, the price drops to $189 (I think - it sounded like that was what she said). This is cheaper than the CKO rate...which is completely booked the weekend we are going (Food and Wine as well as the golf tournament), so obviously the postcard code rooms are held separately.

Good luck - and THANKS!! I don't know that I would have bothered to call CRO again without your advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter