• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Wyndham Bonnet Creek cancellable if I book through a 3rd party?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is answered in another post. I tried to read through the Bonnet Creek post but there were so many pages! If I book through a 3rd party like vacationuprades, is the reservation cancellable? Also, do you recommend vacationupgrades or someone else for booking? Can we request a certain room/area and if so, what should we request?

Each 3rd party broker a has different cancellation policy, read each one closely. Pay with a Credit Card for protection. Take out trip insurance too.

Sorry if this is answered in another post. I tried to read through the Bonnet Creek post but there were so many pages! If I book through a 3rd party like vacationuprades, is the reservation cancellable?
It would be a private rental between you and the broker. Whatever their policies are would govern cancellations. There can be penalties to a Wyndham owner in cancellation situations, so the owner has to be careful.
Can we request a certain room/area and if so, what should we request?
Probably not. Wyndham Bonnet Creek no longer takes requests for room/area/view, etc except for owners with huge amount of points purchased directly from Wyndham.

But that doesn't mean you can't ask at checkin. Most resorts will do whatever they can...within reason. If you do make requests at checkin, only ask for one or two things and keep it reasonable. And be nice to the person across the front desk from you.

We rented WBC through Vacation Strategy. Part of the reason was their good cancellation policy. I can't remember exactly, and it was a year ago so things may have changed, but there was a refund up to a certain point, then a credit to use for a future booking if it was cancelled after a certain time.

Can we request a certain room/area and if so, what should we request?

You can try at check-in. I've had good luck with that by being nice to the front desk clerk and also passing them a tip.

We prefer Tower 5. It has a lazy river out back and it is reasonably close to the smaller parking structure, as things tend to get full at night. I don't think we've ever stayed anywhere other than tower 5.

As others have noted, everyone has a different policy. If you can't find one, ASK BEFORE YOU BUY. I bought a stay from a major eBay seller for WBC and then had to cancel one week after I booked. They tried to charge me $150--25% of the price of my stay! I protested, noting that the eBay listing I bought said nothing about such charges and that it was still six months out from when my stay would have been, so plenty of time for them to find someone else. So, they agreed to charge me $100. I wasn't happy, but please learn from my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter