It’s JUST a Marathon! WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Trip Report

Stop making me cry, Jenna!!

You look amazing and adorable and I love your shot with Minnie and in the stadium and, girl, you are flying (both feet off the ground) in that epic finish shot. and, I've already told you my intense love of that selfie with your medal and your tears. You rock, sweetie. Congratulations!!

Way to go, marathoner! Awesome pics and I’m so jealous of that Jell-O shot.

@Bree sounds like the best running partner ever.

Congratulations Jenna! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one whose run slowed to a crawl those last few miles. Yet your photos still look amazing! What an amazing accomplishment!!!

Congrats marathoner/Dopier!! Absolutely enjoyed reading through this! Making me really look forward to 2020! Really enjoyed all your pictures and your emotions!!

Congrats! I think I picked up your sunglasses, at the very beginning of the race. My friend thought they were mine, but once I realized they weren't mine (I had mine) I tossed them.

Congrats on finishing! :cheer2:

You really do learn a lot about yourself over the course of 26.2 miiles - especially that last 10K! Love that quote you posted.

I, too, was a sobbing mess the last two miles - mostly kept it together until WS and they were playing the most emotional Disney songs ever written and I lost it. I was so overwhelmed and proud of myself - it really is a powerful feeling to learn that you are capable of more than you thought!

I was the same way running through Epcot! I’m a sucker for the “Go the Distance” song from Hercules and of course it would be playing while I was running around World Showcase. It’s this weird feeling of pride in yourself because you know you will finish mixed with the legit pain you are in from running that far. Congrats on completing Dopey! It’s such an amazing accomplishment.

congrats on the awesome accomplishment! You did it!!
Thank you! And thanks for celebrating with me the next day!

Congratulations!! So proud of you for pushing through, what an emotional experience! Ready for the next one?? :)
Thank you!! Pretty sure @rteetz is gonna convince to just do Dopey again. LOL.

Congrats again marathoner! No regrets you did awesome. We’re all here for each other.
Yay!! Thanks Panda!

Yay! Thank you for being so honest with your emotions. Makes it all the more real.

You did it! You are amazing!
Thank you! I feel like it's comparable to getting a tattoo. Did it suck? Yes. Enough to not do it again? Probably not.

Stop making me cry, Jenna!!

You look amazing and adorable and I love your shot with Minnie and in the stadium and, girl, you are flying (both feet off the ground) in that epic finish shot. and, I've already told you my intense love of that selfie with your medal and your tears. You rock, sweetie. Congratulations!!
AWWWW! Zelly you are the best!!! So glad we got to run and hang out together during this trip.

Congratulations!! That wall sucks, so way to push through it. That's such an awesome accomplishment.
Thank you! The thing about the wall during Dopey, even though it came at the designated point during a Marathon, to think that it had only showed up at mile 42 of the whole challenge is pretty nice. That could have been an entire Marathon of Misery, but it wasn't.

Way to go, marathoner! Awesome pics and I’m so jealous of that Jell-O shot.

@Bree sounds like the best running partner ever.
Thank you! And yeah, that was a much needed Jello shot at that point.

Congratulations! The weather looks so hot! Way to go not letting the heat, or anything, stop you!
Thank you! It was pretty warm! I even got a tan!! Haha.

That grave digger picture is the best!!! :thumbsup2

Congrats marathoner/dopester!!
That grave digger picture is how I imagine everyone feels during a Marathon. Haha. Thank you!

Congratulations Jenna! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one whose run slowed to a crawl those last few miles. Yet your photos still look amazing! What an amazing accomplishment!!!
Thank you! I was on the struggle bus but faked it for the photos!

Congrats marathoner/Dopier!! Absolutely enjoyed reading through this! Making me really look forward to 2020! Really enjoyed all your pictures and your emotions!!
Thank you! See you in 2020!

Congratulations! Love that you smiled in all of your pictures even with the tough conditions.
Thank you! Fake it till you make it! Haha.

Congrats! I think I picked up your sunglasses, at the very beginning of the race. My friend thought they were mine, but once I realized they weren't mine (I had mine) I tossed them.
Thank you! And OMG HOW WEIRD!!!! The world is so small. I am just glad they were like $10 sunnies and I can replace them easily.

Congrats on finishing! :cheer2:

You really do learn a lot about yourself over the course of 26.2 miiles - especially that last 10K! Love that quote you posted.

I, too, was a sobbing mess the last two miles - mostly kept it together until WS and they were playing the most emotional Disney songs ever written and I lost it. I was so overwhelmed and proud of myself - it really is a powerful feeling to learn that you are capable of more than you thought!
Thank you! I have had some pretty rough years recently and I would be lying if I said that every single thing I have felt or had to deal with didn't creep into my mind during those 26.2 miles. Didn't help my wall at all and probably made my race a little tougher. But I survived.

I was the same way running through Epcot! I’m a sucker for the “Go the Distance” song from Hercules and of course it would be playing while I was running around World Showcase. It’s this weird feeling of pride in yourself because you know you will finish mixed with the legit pain you are in from running that far. Congrats on completing Dopey! It’s such an amazing accomplishment.
YUP. That was it. I couldn't remember the specific songs but that one for sure got me.

Thank you! And thanks for celebrating with me the next day!

Thank you!! Pretty sure @rteetz is gonna convince to just do Dopey again. LOL.

Yay!! Thanks Panda!

Thank you! I feel like it's comparable to getting a tattoo. Did it suck? Yes. Enough to not do it again? Probably not.

AWWWW! Zelly you are the best!!! So glad we got to run and hang out together during this trip.

Thank you! The thing about the wall during Dopey, even though it came at the designated point during a Marathon, to think that it had only showed up at mile 42 of the whole challenge is pretty nice. That could have been an entire Marathon of Misery, but it wasn't.

Thank you! And yeah, that was a much needed Jello shot at that point.

Thank you! It was pretty warm! I even got a tan!! Haha.

That grave digger picture is how I imagine everyone feels during a Marathon. Haha. Thank you!

Thank you! I was on the struggle bus but faked it for the photos!

Thank you! See you in 2020!

Thank you! Fake it till you make it! Haha.

Thank you! And OMG HOW WEIRD!!!! The world is so small. I am just glad they were like $10 sunnies and I can replace them easily.

Thank you! I have had some pretty rough years recently and I would be lying if I said that every single thing I have felt or had to deal with didn't creep into my mind during those 26.2 miles. Didn't help my wall at all and probably made my race a little tougher. But I survived.

YUP. That was it. I couldn't remember the specific songs but that one for sure got me.
I think you’re convincing yourself more than I am convincing you ;)

I agree on the tattoo thing! My husband almost has his full sleeve done for his arm but he already has the full sleeves done on his lower legs.

He’s trying to convince me to get my third but I haven’t decided where is a good location.

Just sitting at my desk blinking back tears... I loved reading about your marathon experience!!

I think it's so cool that you recognize everyone who gave you a boost along the way, but just know that you did the same for others too! Allllll of the feels. #WDWMarathon4Life

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter