It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

Still doing a great job on the report, @rteetz, and I'm still very much enjoying reading it. And especially enjoying all the wonderful pics, and seeing so many fellow posters! :)

Thanks for this trip report @rteetz! I realize I'm a little behind, so I'm catching up now. I just want to say that AK night was so much fun! Getting to meet everyone was definitely a highlight of the trip. Hopefully everyone is doing well!

Thanks for reading! It really was a great night!

So I am SUPER late jumping in but I'm here to follow along! Even though you are 13 pages in, it's only the end of the first day so I'm pretty happy I didn't miss too much. There are so many things to comment on that it would take forever but here are a few items:

1) That food at Tiffins looks A-MA-ZING!!! I'm definitely going to have to go there next time. I think I may be without children so it'll be a bit better for us.

2) I'm so jealous that you got a banshee! My boys wanted one so bad and they actually got them in for one day during our trip but it was our "off day" when we weren't going to the parks. By the time I returned to AK they were gone again. Oh well, better luck next time.

3) Your photos of the hippo were awesome!

4) I'm glad you enjoyed RoL. I was a bit underwhelmed by the show. I really wanted to like it more but it was ok.

5) Awesome meet up with other DISers! It's so nice to have a community that you can immediately feel at ease with.

Can't wait to read more. I'm going to hop over to your PTR. As you can see by my ticker I've got over a year until we go back so I'm keeping busy with my own TR and living vicariously through others. :)

So I am SUPER late jumping in but I'm here to follow along! Even though you are 13 pages in, it's only the end of the first day so I'm pretty happy I didn't miss too much. There are so many things to comment on that it would take forever but here are a few items:

1) That food at Tiffins looks A-MA-ZING!!! I'm definitely going to have to go there next time. I think I may be without children so it'll be a bit better for us.

2) I'm so jealous that you got a banshee! My boys wanted one so bad and they actually got them in for one day during our trip but it was our "off day" when we weren't going to the parks. By the time I returned to AK they were gone again. Oh well, better luck next time.

3) Your photos of the hippo were awesome!

4) I'm glad you enjoyed RoL. I was a bit underwhelmed by the show. I really wanted to like it more but it was ok.

5) Awesome meet up with other DISers! It's so nice to have a community that you can immediately feel at ease with.

Can't wait to read more. I'm going to hop over to your PTR. As you can see by my ticker I've got over a year until we go back so I'm keeping busy with my own TR and living vicariously through others. :)
Thanks for joining in!

Tiffins is awesome definitely try it!

I'll have another update soon!

Let's Tonga at Kona!

Sorry its been a bit since my last update but I have been a little busy to get an update in.

I woke up early as I had to catch a bus to MK then to the Poly for a date with Tonga Toast!

I love being at a Disney resort early in the morning.

Today's Magicband of choice?

I arrived and headed straight for the monorail.

A beautiful sight in the morning!

I arrived and was seated very quickly.

I of course ordered the Tonga Toast. This would be my first Tonga Toast experience and I was beyond excited.

I have to say it was quite good but maybe a little too rich for me. I would order it again but probably try something else first. The waitress was nice but a little too fast for me. Maybe that was because I was alone. She also screwed up the bill and gave mine to the people next to me which was weird. Whatever I didn't let it bother me. I was ready to hit the Magic Kingdom!!!

Let me just say the new security measures for the MK are great. It frees up the entrance area so much.

Isn't she a beauty!

Main Street Fireman

The Trolley Show was excellent as always.

Hi Walt!

Up Next: The Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed

I really am enjoying your pictures of POP. DD and I were there over Memorial Day and stayed in the 50's section. It was our first time staying there and we loved it.
Last Thanksgiving while DD was at the Dolphins in Depth I hopped over to Kona for breakfast. It was so good I didn't try the Tonga Toast for the reason you mentioned. I was afraid it was going to be too sweet. Their pressed pot of Kona coffee was so good.
More great pictures especially of the castle.

I love being at a Disney resort early in the morning.
Me too! I love that I'm a morning person and can just enjoy quiet time, with a coffee looking around and getting ready for the day. To me Disney park times are riddiculously late, (I wake up before 6am without an alarm) but in a way it's good because it forces me to "chill out" more on my vacations.

Today's Magicband of choice?
HM wrap! Awesome! Anything HM is super cool with me.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get from POP to Kona? Do you remember aproximately what time you left?

Looks like a great morning!

We like the breakfast at Kona (though I am sad they got rid of the Big Kahuna option which had a great mix of things). What we found worked well was my wife got the Tonga Toast and then I got something else (typically said Big Kahuna) and then share as we also found the Tonga Toast too rich and sweet for one person to eat all of it

Man, there is nothing better than Magic Kingdom first thing int he morning when it still isn't too hot and you have the whole day ahead of you and the Trolley Show is welcoming you in, etc.

I laugh every time I see a pic of the exit to the MK from the monorail. Somebody I watch that vlogs is strangely "attached" to the sign at the top that says "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" (it makes her smile, she says it is "such a Disney thing", and makes her really sad when it's not there), and I noticed it WAS there in your pic, and thought of her. :)

I can't even look at Tonga or Pooh's Puffed (or any other kind of sugar-rolled) French Toast without my teeth hurting, I'm afraid. I would like to go to Kona for breakfast some day (I know I've been there for dinner, and it must have been "okay" because it doesn't stick out in my mind - although I DO remember they had a huge and beautiful dessert display I saw on the way in, which greatly excited me - LOL - but was less than exciting in taste compared to how it looked. :( But I definitely DO want to try the Kona Press Pot - have never done that, as far as I know, and it's on a "bucket list" for me.

Great update, can't believe you have the time to do them more than one every SIX MONTHS, as much as you have going on!! :)

I really am enjoying your pictures of POP. DD and I were there over Memorial Day and stayed in the 50's section. It was our first time staying there and we loved it.
Last Thanksgiving while DD was at the Dolphins in Depth I hopped over to Kona for breakfast. It was so good I didn't try the Tonga Toast for the reason you mentioned. I was afraid it was going to be too sweet. Their pressed pot of Kona coffee was so good.
More great pictures especially of the castle.

I enjoyed Pop but didn't get to really check out the resort as much as I would have liked. Yes the Tonga Toast is a bit much but I still really enjoyed it.

Me too! I love that I'm a morning person and can just enjoy quiet time, with a coffee looking around and getting ready for the day. To me Disney park times are riddiculously late, (I wake up before 6am without an alarm) but in a way it's good because it forces me to "chill out" more on my vacations.

HM wrap! Awesome! Anything HM is super cool with me.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get from POP to Kona? Do you remember aproximately what time you left?

I just feel so nice and relaxed walking around a Disney resort early in the morning.

I don't remember exactly but it wasn't too long. I got lucky with not having to wait for a monorail when I got to MK. I left about 7AM for a 8AM ADR.

Tonga toast looks delicious!

It was!

Looks like a great morning!

We like the breakfast at Kona (though I am sad they got rid of the Big Kahuna option which had a great mix of things). What we found worked well was my wife got the Tonga Toast and then I got something else (typically said Big Kahuna) and then share as we also found the Tonga Toast too rich and sweet for one person to eat all of it

Man, there is nothing better than Magic Kingdom first thing int he morning when it still isn't too hot and you have the whole day ahead of you and the Trolley Show is welcoming you in, etc.

That is a great plan of attack for Kona, unfortunately I was alone so wasn't able to share.

Yes the trolley show first thing is a great way to start the day!

I laugh every time I see a pic of the exit to the MK from the monorail. Somebody I watch that vlogs is strangely "attached" to the sign at the top that says "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" (it makes her smile, she says it is "such a Disney thing", and makes her really sad when it's not there), and I noticed it WAS there in your pic, and thought of her. :)

I can't even look at Tonga or Pooh's Puffed (or any other kind of sugar-rolled) French Toast without my teeth hurting, I'm afraid. I would like to go to Kona for breakfast some day (I know I've been there for dinner, and it must have been "okay" because it doesn't stick out in my mind - although I DO remember they had a huge and beautiful dessert display I saw on the way in, which greatly excited me - LOL - but was less than exciting in taste compared to how it looked. :( But I definitely DO want to try the Kona Press Pot - have never done that, as far as I know, and it's on a "bucket list" for me.

Great update, can't believe you have the time to do them more than one every SIX MONTHS, as much as you have going on!! :)

Kona is great but maybe probably best to share Tonga Toast.

I'm excited to try out Kona breakfast for the first time when we go in January. But, I can totally see what you are saying because it looks really rich. I like the idea of ordering two different options and splitting the Tonga Toast.

There's really nothing like walking into the Magic Kingdom early in the morning. :lovestruc

I'm excited to try out Kona breakfast for the first time when we go in January. But, I can totally see what you are saying because it looks really rich. I like the idea of ordering two different options and splitting the Tonga Toast.

There's really nothing like walking into the Magic Kingdom early in the morning. :lovestruc
Yes I would recommend splitting it. January will be here before we know it!

I don't think I could handle Tonga Toast, way too much sweat for me in the morning! It does look interesting though.

I was trying to remember if the security had changed yet when I was there in March and if I noticed a difference. They I remembered that I never went through security, I took the Express Bus to MK all three days. Duh!

I just posted an update that includes the Trolley Show!

Beautiful pictures of the castle! I think I could stare at that one after the Partners statue all day! I just might as it's Friday afternoon and I don't feel like working anymore today.

I've only eaten dinner at Kona. I need to make it over for breakfast one day. The Tonga Toast looks great and I hear such wonderful things about it but I just can't do that much sweet in the morning. I need to go with someone that can so I can just have a bite of it.

Yay for the MK! Even though I rope drop all the time, I somehow always miss the people dancing and interacting on Main Street. I need to make it a priority to stroll down Main St. more. It's funny, I'm watching Oliver's vlog while I'm reading up on your TR so I'm getting a double does of MK right now. If I'm on the boards and vlogging at the same time does that mean I have a problem? Probably but there are worse problems to have. It looks like you are off to a great start for the day. I hope it continues that way!

I don't think I could handle Tonga Toast, way too much sweat for me in the morning! It does look interesting though.

I was trying to remember if the security had changed yet when I was there in March and if I noticed a difference. They I remembered that I never went through security, I took the Express Bus to MK all three days. Duh!

I just posted an update that includes the Trolley Show!

Beautiful pictures of the castle! I think I could stare at that one after the Partners statue all day! I just might as it's Friday afternoon and I don't feel like working anymore today.

It is good but yes a bit sweet.

The express bus is great!

I always love taking castle photos.

I've only eaten dinner at Kona. I need to make it over for breakfast one day. The Tonga Toast looks great and I hear such wonderful things about it but I just can't do that much sweet in the morning. I need to go with someone that can so I can just have a bite of it.

Yay for the MK! Even though I rope drop all the time, I somehow always miss the people dancing and interacting on Main Street. I need to make it a priority to stroll down Main St. more. It's funny, I'm watching Oliver's vlog while I'm reading up on your TR so I'm getting a double does of MK right now. If I'm on the boards and vlogging at the same time does that mean I have a problem? Probably but there are worse problems to have. It looks like you are off to a great start for the day. I hope it continues that way!

Yes if you go I would split it with someone.

I love Main Street in the morning. The main street citizens and vehicles and such are a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter