It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney with a 1 month old *new 2/13/15*

Joining in!! Glad to hear the trip was fun, I can imagine you faced some challenges but it looks like a fun time. Port Orleans Riverside is my absolute favorite resort but I guess if you're going to switch Contemporary with MK views is a good choice ;)

I love all the MagicBands but I think the Vera Bradley one is my favorite! Such a good idea!

Jumping in on the bandwagon!! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to some happy Disney stories after what we are calling our "Poor Unfortunate Weekend" :sad2:

Anyway, I have a Max Rebo Lego Minifigure in our collection! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! We will be headed back down in like 17 days or something? This will do great to tide me over until then!! :yay:

I'm here and can't wait to read all about it. Really impressed with how quickly you're getting this going!

I'm in! Very excited for the story :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:welcome: hopefully the story delivers then ... no pressure though, right? ;)

Wow, color me impressed for how quickly you got this party started! I've only gotten as far as a title for mine ;) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks Missy - I figured with the long weekend was good to get started and if I didn't with work building and we are working at a wine festival this coming weekend I knew it could get pushed back a while to get started. Glad you got a title for yours though - in some ways that is the hardest part!

Following along! :wave2:

:welcome: thanks for joining! :wave2:

So excited to start reading! I meant to ask: where did you get temporary tattoo paper for your printer?

Hi Leah! Oh, I just ordered the temporary tattoo paper from amazon. The brand I got is Silhouette and they seem to work pretty well - though to be fair I haven't actually tried to apply them to skin - only Magic Bands :rotfl:

Definitely following along :) Can't wait to hear all about the adventures.

Thanks for joining Amber! The adventures are a-coming!

I'm in to follow along! Excited to see how things went.:cool1:

:welcome: I'm excited to tell you! :thumbsup2

I'm in! I'm glad to hear off the bat that your trip with a newborn went well, because I think I had mentioned in your PTR that we are planning to do the same thing next year, hopefully in the fall. Great start!

:wecome: Things definitely were hectic at times with three kids and sometimes Judi just had to spend time with Emma (feeding her, etc.) leaving just me to handle the other too - but it honestly went better than I expected and really Emma was probably the easiest one! One thing we did get confused about at times was which rides you could bring the baby carrier / car seat on and which we had to take her out, etc. - so definitely ask at the front of each line (basically, anything with a lap bar that comes down we had to take her out and the bar had to be above her feet which got a little awkward at times)

Joining in! Love the TR title! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

:welcome: Thanks - took me a little while to settle on a thread title and then had to make sure it would fit, etc. Definitely wanted to indicate that we had the newborn as figured some people might be interested in that

I'm in! It was fun seeing your Disney photos on FB while we were on our own vacation. Now I want to hear some of the stories behind them! :goodvibes

Glad you are here Dave! I loved seeing your photos too - much higher quality than mine :rotfl: Definitely have a lot more to share though ... just downloaded everything and have about 1,200 pictures and close to 200 video clips

Yahoo! I'm in :cool1:

Your PTR has been one of my favorites and I'm looking forward following along with your actual trip!

Without spoiling it for the others, I know the reference for your screen name, but curious to know how you chose it. And wondering how often people call you Max. I get called Bob all the time. LOL. :rotfl2:

Hoping Judi plays an active roll on your TR. Having DW help out on my last TR was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it. :cheer2:

I love that Emma already has favorites aspects of WDW, even if they are guesses :thumbsup2

And really looking forward to see how you like staying at the Contemporary :cool2:

Yahoo for you being in Matt! Glad you enjoyed the pre-trip report so much - hopefully the actual trip report lives up to that level.

My screen name is something I actually picked back in college - I liked that it sounds kinda neat and people that are into what it is connected to get it but it isn't super obvious. Yeah, until people find out my actual name is Phil I did get referred to as Max a few times.

Well, there were definitely some Character meets that she was more of a part of and some rides she got to go on, so kinda focused on those. It was really neat to see all the characters, Cast Members, and other guests too ooh and aah over her.

Definitely will cover what we liked (and didn't) about the Contemporary. I will say that the location just can't be beat and lived up to what we were hoping for from that standpoint - which was the main reason we picked it.

I'm in! Thanks for the heads up! Love the magic bands and the family pics!

:welcome: and Thank you! We tried to get a few family pics ... some came out and some not so much :rotfl:

Here Phil!!! I know I never made it to your PTR, but I knew for sure I would be here for this. And you sure don't waste any time either. And FYI, I did find the first one entertaining. :thumbsup2

Awww, Olivia sure does look like a proud big sis in that first photo.

While I do know your screen name reference... I'll let others play, so I will not say, in a galaxy far far away. :)

Ooooh, you know I enjoy a good CM interaction story. :dance3:

Thanks Rob! Well, you were off having all sorts of Canadia adventures so understandable you might be busy ;) Glad you are here though and glad you found the first one entertaining.

Oh, Olivia is such a proud big sister - she would tell anyone who listened (and even some that wouldn't) all about her little sister and how she is the big sister, etc.

Thanks for not giving it away - you are on the right track, though it does come from long, long ago ;)

We had a number of really good CM interactions and very happy to report that no real negative ones - but one that really stands out. Wound up sending in an e-mail to Disney communications as well as submitted her to the DISUnplugged Cast Member Hall of Fame.

Ok I have been a lurker for a while but so interested in reading your report with an infant! More power to your wife. At that age going down the road is an accomplishment.

I just went through and read your pre-trip report to get caught up. (long car trip back from the beach today).

:welcome: Thanks for joining and hope you continue to comment. Judi was such a trooper and tried to stay active - she actually went to a Zumba class 4 days before the scheduled birth. She was definitely still a little limited in what she could lift (biggest negative is that Peter was too heavy) but she did great and so did Emma!

That must have been a long car ride! I think I had twice as many updates to that pre-trip report than I did in my first actual trip report! Hope it kept you entertained at least :goodvibes

Reading along! I lurked on your PTR but I am definitely reading along here and might have a lot of questions about traveling with an infant! We just got back from our last trip as a family of four. Our next trip will be in April with a 3 month old in tow! It will certainly be different! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining and definitely please continue to chime in and ask away! We've gone with infants of all ages (Olivia was 8 months her first trip, etc.) and definitely find that in some ways the younger the easier. Congratulations by the way! :goodvibes

Phil, I am here and will be back to read after the kids leave to go back to Iowa tomorrow.

Thanks for joining Kathy! Definitely enjoy you time with the kids! Hope they travel back safely.

All signed up and looking forward to reading about your trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope you enjoy the reading! :thumbsup2

Joining in!

I can't wait to hear about your trip, and I want to steal the idea for the cards to hand out to cast members and other guests. What a cool thing to do! I'm sure you had some interesting experiences passing those out.

Thanks for joining! It was really fun to pass them out and everyone seemed to really appreciate them! We also tried to include the kids, well, Olivia mostly, in passing them out and why we were passing them out - and she got really into it which was fun.

Joining in!! Glad to hear the trip was fun, I can imagine you faced some challenges but it looks like a fun time. Port Orleans Riverside is my absolute favorite resort but I guess if you're going to switch Contemporary with MK views is a good choice ;)

I love all the MagicBands but I think the Vera Bradley one is my favorite! Such a good idea!

Hi Courtney! We were very much excited to try POR (I have stayed at French Quarter in the past, but never Riverside) and very well might try that in the future. Just the more we thought about it the more we really wanted/needed to be on a monorail line so it was more a change for that reason than not wanting to stay at POR.

It's funny that Judi's was the last one I did and the hardest one I had coming up with an idea for ... and I think it turned out to be my favorite! She got a lot of complements on it as well while we were there :goodvibes

Jumping in on the bandwagon!! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to some happy Disney stories after what we are calling our "Poor Unfortunate Weekend" :sad2:

Anyway, I have a Max Rebo Lego Minifigure in our collection! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! We will be headed back down in like 17 days or something? This will do great to tide me over until then!! :yay:

Oh no! So sorry to hear your weekend didn't work out well - really hope your upcoming trip make up for it in spades.

Thanks for joining!

I'm here and can't wait to read all about it. Really impressed with how quickly you're getting this going!

Thanks for joining Annie! Guess with it on my brain I figured I would get into it ... before annoying things like work start to get back in the way :rotfl2:

I'm here! And so excited to hear about your trip!

As you know I'm a huge fan of your Magic Bands and can't wait to see the shirts. Did you make Peter's charming shirt? It's adorable!

And HI Judi! Every TR writer needs a good spell and fact checker!

Hooray! You know I know who Max Rebo is :)

Your kids all look so much alike! Cannot wait to read about Anna and Elsa!!

Joining in! I also absolutely love your magic bands! I've been trying to come up with a neat way to decorate ours for next year and I think this may be the best idea I've seen!

I'm here! And so excited to hear about your trip!

As you know I'm a huge fan of your Magic Bands and can't wait to see the shirts. Did you make Peter's charming shirt? It's adorable!

And HI Judi! Every TR writer needs a good spell and fact checker!

Thanks for joining Shannon! I did make Peter's shirt and and also the Keep Calm monorail shirt I have on in the family picture

Joining in! Still can not get over those magic bands!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Kathy! I am happy to report the bands held up pretty well too and get some nice compliments from Cast Members as well :goodvibes

Hooray! You know I know who Max Rebo is :)

Your kids all look so much alike! Cannot wait to read about Anna and Elsa!!

Yeah, Sue, I figured you would know! We had a great meet with Anna and Elsa - lots of details and pictures and video of that coming up!

Joining in! I also absolutely love your magic bands! I've been trying to come up with a neat way to decorate ours for next year and I think this may be the best idea I've seen!

:welcome: Thank you - I am happy how they turned out. I did apply them when they were open and then when we put them on the images cracked a little from the bending, so you might want to try having them closed to the size you need it when you apply the tattoos

Joining! Your magic bands are incredible!

:welcome: Thank you!

I love Emma's "these are a guess" favorites! Your family is so cute- I can't see your pictures from my phone so I happened to be working on the computer this morning and had to take a peek. Excited to read your report.

Thanks for the notification so I could make it over here somewhat early! I look forward to reading about your adventures with little Emma - we totally chickened out and waited until Charlotte was a year old before we took her to Disney World.

I love Emma's "these are a guess" favorites! Your family is so cute- I can't see your pictures from my phone so I happened to be working on the computer this morning and had to take a peek. Excited to read your report.

Thank you - definitely some meets that she got more interaction from the characters - so those I leaned towards being her favorite, vs. the ones she just slept through :rotfl:

Thanks for the notification so I could make it over here somewhat early! I look forward to reading about your adventures with little Emma - we totally chickened out and waited until Charlotte was a year old before we took her to Disney World.

Thanks for coming Jennifer! If it wasn't due to the timing of a few things I don't know if we would have taken Emma this young, just how it worked out but for the most part it was fine and she was probably the easiest to take care of

debating a ski trip with a 6 month old. Id rather do Disney!

oh, yeah, i'd definitely pick Disney :rotfl: ... actually, if Disney opened a ski resort that would be really cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter