• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's the final Countdown..Pre Trip QFTW..sort of

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
Ok, between work and watching the first 6 seasons of LOST, packing is finally taking a priority! I can't believe it's almost time!

Ran to Target last night to grab the final items and I still forgot an extension cord!! Plan to have one suitcase completely packed tonight.

Ok well..I will post more later if anyone wants to pass on any advice I am all ears!

Ok more later,

HG

HG,
Have a wonderful time on your Quest! If your guides are Daniel and Landon say hello from Teresa and family from Michigan for me!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Get plenty of rest tonight :goodvibes

Ok one bag down and one to go. I wish I had known that LOST was going to want my attention. I am going to try and post some pre trip pics but that will have to be tomorrow as I need to sleep now..

According to my iPhone the weather in Jackson Hole at this very moment is currently 57 degrees. It's going to be awesome to be somewhere in August where the weather is so nice and chill.

Hi there. Over the past week I talked a lot with Courtney who was a guide for the QFTW trip for a lot of the summer. She did warn that it was chilly (which you seem to know already) and had many great things to say about the trip - she seemed to like the last hotel/lodge in particular. Have a fantastic time!

Well I just finished packing for our Quest. Hope we don't run into delays like Deb & Linda did.

We are flying out on Tuesday morning.

I've packed everything from tank tops to sweatshirts. Hope we have some nice weather.

Well I just finished packing for our Quest. Hope we don't run into delays like Deb & Linda did.

We are flying out on Tuesday morning.

I've packed everything from tank tops to sweatshirts. Hope we have some nice weather.

I was kind of bummed that they did not get to take advantage of that deal that Delta offered them:( But the pics from twitter this morning look like they are already having fun! Looking forward to meeting you!!

HG

I was kind of bummed that they did not get to take advantage of that deal that Delta offered them:( But the pics from twitter this morning look like they are already having fun! Looking forward to meeting you!!

HG
Are Deb & Linda blogging about this trip somewhere?

You guys must be *SO* excited!

Sayhello

Yes, they are on Allearsnet.com.

Others arrived today. We won't arrive until Tuesday afternoon. We didn't have enough vacation time from work to go early. :-:headache:

Ok, between work and watching the first 6 seasons of LOST, packing is finally taking a priority! I can't believe it's almost time!

Ran to Target last night to grab the final items and I still forgot an extension cord!! Plan to have one suitcase completely packed tonight.

Ok well..I will post more later if anyone wants to pass on any advice I am all ears!

Ok more later,

HG

....I am such the Disney vacation planner and well one day on the Disney Wonder (Jan 2009), I befriended a fellow Disser. We got to talking and as the days flew on by, we went on to say to each other about our upcoming Disney vacations. During which, I went on to explain to her how I plan my vacations and such and one thing led to another until we got onto the topic of packing . One such thing that came up was one of the things I pack is an extension cord and have it literally in the middle of the floor with all my "stuff" plugged into it.

THIS WAY I WON'T FORGET IT (and all the stuff I have plugged into it) WHEN I CHECK OUT of whatever hotel I am at (I love CBR & POFQ).

Well - the day we disembarked from the ship, she was nice enuf to invite me out for the day in her rented Avis car (so we cud go back to WDW for a bit). BUT.... before we went back to WDW, she said we had to stop off at C.I.A.S. to pick up her cell phone charger (she left it there by accident when she checked out of the hotel to go onto the DCL part of her trip).
I asked her if she packed an extension cord -

** SHE SAID NO ***

(somewhere in the background I heard Homer Simpson yell out, DOH!)

So....lessons learned.

P.S. I was nice about it and just quickly changed the subject :rolleyes1 .

Yes, they are on Allearsnet.com.

Others arrived today. We won't arrive until Tuesday afternoon. We didn't have enough vacation time from work to go early.

Same with us, we have our Disney Anniversary in Dec so we had to cut and save somewhere. We are just thankful we get to do this trip at all!!

P.S. I was nice about it and just quickly changed the subject .
Ah Yes the polite thing to do! Have had a moment or two like that in my own life!

Looong day today! Just home to finish my packing and cleaning work 11-7 Monday so need to have everything done b/c of Tues AM flight is at 545AM:scared1:

HG

Looong day today! Just home to finish my packing and cleaning work 11-7 Monday so need to have everything done b/c of Tues AM flight is at 545AM:scared1:

HG[/QUOTE]

Our Flight is at 6:54 to Chicago.

No direct flights. We go from Albany to Chicago to Jackon. Only 2 airports on the way there.

Glad we only have one stop on the way there. We arrive at 1:30 Jackson time.

On the way home, a different story. Jackson, Denver, Dulles, Albany.

See you tomorrow.

Okay, well we made it to SLC, waiting for 1:30 flight. Flight from VA to GA was at 545...way to early:scared1: then we rushed to get on a packed flight to SLC.

I got SUPER motion sickness on this flight due to lack of breakfast and sleep. Our plane configuration was 2 3 2 and I was slam in the middle beside my husband and a stranger. We were watching LOST and WHAM I went pale white
kicked my husband out of his seat laid my head on the travel pillow while a very professional FA was there to help. Very embarassed by the whole thing and had to sleep the rest of the flight to keep from getting sick:sick:

So now we are just waiting if anyone wants you can follow me on Twitter I am going to post as much as I can!

www.twitter.com/wdwhappy

HG

HappyGrumpy--sorry to hear about the rough flight! Connecting flights are always a bear. But it will be all worth it when you get there!

Say "hello" to Daniel and Landon from the Isacson family! They will take very good care of you!!!!

Have a great trip, and let us know how it goes when you get back!

Turtlemom :thumbsup2

HG,
too bad about the air sickness....my DS2 is prone to that too :sick: Hope you are on the mend and starting to enjoy Jackson Hole!

I don't twitter but I'm looking forward to your trip report when you return! Say "Hi" to Daniel and Landon from my family too!
TK

HappyGrumpy, Oi! What a way to start a trip. But at least it will all be uphill from here! :thumbsup2 Feel better, and have a great trip!

5:45 am is an INHUMAN time to have to catch a flight!!!! :scared1:

Looking forward to your report.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter