It's time, finally, for a Spring Chicago meet at Gino's *Update-pg 3--Who is coming*

Small change in our plans I think. Are we meeting at 6:00? Please say yes, lol.
A friend of mine has a brother going through cancer treatment and there is going to be a fund raising dinner dance for him that night. We want to attempt to to both things. So we are coming to Gino's to at least say hi. If dinner is early at the banquet, we will eat at Gino's, otherwise we are just popping in for a few minutes to meet everyone, then it is off to the banquet.

edited to add....duh look at the fiurst post in the thread, yes we are meeting at 6:00, LOL

Yep, 6, Bethany. Marie and I, and I suppose some others, most likely will be there a bit earlier.

Originally posted by Doctor P
Approaching the 72 hour mark very quickly! :)
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

I just confirmed a total of around 35 to Gino's earlier, for the big party room. Should be a nice group.

I know I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but I don't which thread I posted it to! :confused: It turns out my two older dd's will be performing in the church play the 23rd. It was originally set for the 30th, but they changed it and didn't ask my opinion. I am SO BummED!! The play is at 4 and 7....don't know how I'd do both.

And I think the dd's would notice my absence.
Rats.

Hi, Dan! We're new at the DIS Meet thing, and have a few questions. I see that you have confirmed a party room at Gino's, so that takes care of that one. How do you handle the pizza/drink ordering and paying? We're really looking forward to meeting everyone! Thanks for your work coordinating this event!

Ann:earsgirl:

GlennandAnn,

Normally the group orders pizzas and pitchers of soda together and pay as a group on one big tab.

Some of us can't have Pizza - the last time we were at Ginos we just had salads and put in our $$ for that.

It seems to work relatively well, I don't think I've been stuck with a large bill that someone else didn't pay at a DIS meet before....

Looking good. :bounce:

Yes, Ann, as Jeff said, at a pizza place like this, most have pizza, a few have something else. Easiest is to have those with specials pay their items and take the rest of the bill and divide by the remaining adults (kids eat little). Same for the drinks, usually just pitchers of pop (soda for the out-of-towners), cost shared by all.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday. :wave2:

:earsgirl: :wave: Add another one to the meet tonight My brother chuck will be comming, I's brother of course!!
Can't wait to see every one, and I have vintage photos
of Disney World ,see ya there!!:earsboy: :Pinkbounc

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I can't come tonite!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: So sorry--family emergency for my BF.....asked me to take her kids today/possibly into tonite.
Hope you all have a great time--:sad:

Looking forward to meeting everyone tonight!! See you all later!

Ann:earsgirl:

My husband and I will be there too!!! We found a babysitter at 8pm last night, yipee!!!! (Our three tend to act like this :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc when we take them out and we want to talk to other people)

I know I can look through the thread, but is anyone else bringing kids? Sam (5) will be with us tonight so I am hoping there will be others.

Originally posted by BethanyF
I know I can look through the thread, but is anyone else bringing kids? Sam (5) will be with us tonight so I am hoping there will be others.

I know that GlenandAnn will be bringing their two boys, and I believe the older one is 5 as well. Wow, with two other 5 yr olds being there, I almost want to bring my 5 yr old too. But all I can see is him going like this :bounce:

Sure, bring the kids, they love to draw on the walls. Look at my link in the first post. Marie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone soon. I just talked to helenabear, in from Ohio. She is at their hotel with Nancy from WA, Beth and Dave from DC and Believe, Shep and their 2 girls from KY. Sounds like it is all coming together.

We'll miss youm DG, maybe I will have your salad for you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter