I've stopped making ADRs because of the credit card policy, anyone else?

To me the real hassle factor was when I couldn't get ADRs to some place I really wanted to go, then went online just to read people made a ton of reservations for all their meals and they never showed to any of them except whichever one was their fancy at the moment. I don't find the risk of a charge to be a hassle because we plan just enough that we always show, but not a ton that going to all of them is a burden, or we put them too close together and aren't hungry for the next ADR time. I tend to do one ADR a day because I think it's nice to know you'll have a place to rest your weary feet and recharge and get a nice filling meal. I think maybe at 12 hour window instead of 24 might be reasonable as well, but that also could affect breakfast reservations as I am guessing a good deal of people are asleep 12 hours before breakfast. The 24 hour policy is fine by me though.

I do, however, use Open Table when I can at Disney Springs but I do that for the points rather than due to Disney's credit card guarantee policy.

1) As long as ONE PERSON on the ressie shows at the ADR time, there is no penalty.
2) However, for prepaid meals (like CRT), they do lose the meal cost.

And you don't have to order a full meal. You can just order appetizers or dessert. So even if I am not that hungry, I might be willing to snack a little and sit in air conditioning for a while.

To me the real hassle factor was when I couldn't get ADRs to some place I really wanted to go, then went online just to read people made a ton of reservations for all their meals and they never showed to any of them except whichever one was their fancy at the moment. I don't find the risk of a charge to be a hassle because we plan just enough that we always show, but not a ton that going to all of them is a burden, or we put them too close together and aren't hungry for the next ADR time. I tend to do one ADR a day because I think it's nice to know you'll have a place to rest your weary feet and recharge and get a nice filling meal. I think maybe at 12 hour window instead of 24 might be reasonable as well, but that also could affect breakfast reservations as I am guessing a good deal of people are asleep 12 hours before breakfast. The 24 hour policy is fine by me though.

I do, however, use Open Table when I can at Disney Springs but I do that for the points rather than due to Disney's credit card guarantee policy.
Exactly.

I am so grateful that you now have to reserve with a credit card.

No.

If I want to make a dining reservation I will still make it.

I don't understand how it's a hassle, unless I am not certain I really want to eat there, and then you have to remember to cancel the day before, is that a "hassle?" "What if someone gets sick," for some reason I don't consider that a hassle. Just call them up and say you can't do the reservation because people are sick. You don't get charged. Or, postpone it if possible.

CRT is prepaid because some nut was hoarding and giving away or selling the reservations. There's a credit card guarantee because enough people were booking multiple reservations and then just not showing up for all but one of them. I don't put these down ultimately to Disney greed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter