Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi guys 😊 Has anyone booked a club level room with the sun and fun discount? I keep looking just in case, but would like to know if I'm looking for nothing 😂

I have read a few times that some people are charged for parking when they haven't used a car for their stay. Is there a way or checking that this hasn't been added before you check out (or upon) as I wouldn't want to get all the way back to the UK before realising I've been charged?

We were charged last year and didn't notice until we got home to UK... To be sure, you can ask at the desk; or if you don't have time or have already checked out; don't worry, we just called them and they credited the overcharge back to our card. :)

I have read a few times that some people are charged for parking when they haven't used a car for their stay. Is there a way or checking that this hasn't been added before you check out (or upon) as I wouldn't want to get all the way back to the UK before realising I've been charged?

You can see all your resort charges in the app, but only during your stay. You can also ask at the front desk for a printout.

Stayed at this wonderful resort the last two evenings and we fell in love. It was a nice treat after 8 nights in AoA which was also lovely but AKL was just beautiful. We booked a bounceback for August for 6 nights pool view for a waterparks and pool/resort only trip. Want to learn everything about resort now.

You can add me - Aug 18-24.

Stayed at this wonderful resort the last two evenings and we fell in love. It was a nice treat after 8 nights in AoA which was also lovely but AKL was just beautiful. We booked a bounceback for August for 6 nights pool view for a waterparks and pool/resort only trip. Want to learn everything about resort now.
I agree. Probably the best looking resort on Disney property.

Just booked 3 nights in both a Standard View room with 2 queens and a Value Studio for an upcoming split stay with YC. Have never stayed at AKL. Studio was $20 less per night ($302 v. $322) From researching, the renovated standard view rooms look nicer, but the Value Studio gives me a shot at Savanna view. Is that correct? Which room do y'all recommend?

You can add me - Aug 18-24.
August
8/12 - 8/20 JRoyster86 - AKL
8/18 - 8/24 KimBean - AKL
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL

Just booked 3 nights in both a Standard View room with 2 queens and a Value Studio for an upcoming split stay with YC. Have never stayed at AKL. Studio was $20 less per night ($302 v. $322) From researching, the renovated standard view rooms look nicer, but the Value Studio gives me a shot at Savanna view. Is that correct? Which room do y'all recommend?
The value studios are on Giraffe and Ostrich trails on the 5th floor, some on Ostrich trail have a view of part of Sunset savanna, the others overlook the parking lot. The values on Giraffe trail overlook the pool or the drive up to the resort/parking lot. There are very few value studios - as in a handful - and they are quite popular, w/ DVC member services they won’t take a room request for the value studios since they are usually 100% booked, not sure about room requests for them if you’ve booked a cash reservation. Your standard view room will most likely be on floor 4 or lower, since most of the 5th floor is villas. There are a lot of standard view rooms with partial savanna views, but also several with road/parking lot or roofs w/ pool beyond views.

I posted a thread about this on the general Resorts board, but it was suggested that I ask about this her too since it pertains specifically to AKL.

We booked free dining and are excited to stay at AKL, but as I was reading up on the resort I discovered that the bunk bed rooms are pretty much gone. I have a teen and a tween (opposite gender) that would strongly prefer to not share a bed. Having the kids share with the same gendered parent doesn't really work for us either because DH snores very loudly and the only thing that would bring the kids together on the idea of sharing a bed is the suggestion of them sharing a bed with their snoremaster dad!

We've used a classic Aerobed in the past, but my kids are kind of getting too big for that and it's uncomfortable. We are open to getting a new, higher quality air mattress (looking for suggestions on that), but I'd like to confirm that a twin sized, possibly elevated air mattress will fit in the renovated AKL rooms. From what I've read, I believe that the elevated ones are supposed to be more comfortable (if anyone is knowledgeable about this, please let me know!). We're okay if it takes up a lot of floor space....just want to make sure it will fit somewhere.

Our other idea was to try and divide the bed that the kids would be sharing so they'd both have a decent mattress, but feel somewhat separated. One idea we had was to bring a foam bed bumper to put between them and use sleep sacks (like the type you would bring to a hostel) so they would at least feel somewhat separated. As my other thread states, I'm looking for creative solutions to try and make this work! I imagine that someone out there has dealt with this and has a better idea than I would have. :)

I realize it would just be easiest to tell my spoiled brat kids to just suck it up and share a bed. I agree in theory with that, but I also get where they are coming from. I hated sharing a bed with my younger brother on vacation too, so if we can find a workable solution I'm happy to make them happier about this.

Here's the bumper we were thinking about getting for that idea:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...c45-cd78f07a84d8&pf_rd_r=Q4G5MY8GX6KCW40NEJ7D

This might be too late but here was my experience. We were at AoA LM with me, DH, 11 yo and 19 yo girls. Double beds. We brought a twin blow up mattress and it fit in the room. We had to move the chairs and push the table over but we got it in where we didn’t have to move it. 19 yo slept on blow up. DH slept alone and me and dd11 shared a double. Me and dh in a double would not be able to change positions which is difficult after park days. We then moved to AKL and we had decided not to bring in mattress (we had our car) because 11 yo and 19 yo (both girls) thought the queen would be fine. When I got in there even though a lot more square feet I don’t know where we would have put it if we wanted to. Someone correct me if they have fit one in there but the large armoire type and dresser and table and chairs I don’t think it would fit. Just my experience.
This was Savannah view Jambo house kudu trail 4th floor refurbed room.

Anybody happen to be going in the next 2 weeks that would be able to post or PM me a copy of the activities board or card from the resort by chance? Looking specifically for the times on the bead activities and when kingpin is meeting. We missed kingpin and one of the bead activities to finish the set last time and want to try to make sure we can fit in both this trip! Appreciate any help!

Anybody happen to be going in the next 2 weeks that would be able to post or PM me a copy of the activities board or card from the resort by chance? Looking specifically for the times on the bead activities and when kingpin is meeting. We missed kingpin and one of the bead activities to finish the set last time and want to try to make sure we can fit in both this trip! Appreciate any help!
When u find out please share what you find out

I was able to book CL for our vacation!!! It is a Savannah view, non DVC. Could you please tell me a little about the CL rooms and what floor they are on? Are they close to the CL lounge? I did not make any initial requests for location. I would love some advice on where the best viewing would be but not too far from the lounge. From what I remember, I would not want a room where Arusha Rock extends out because it takes away from the views, right? But I think this is closer to the CL lounge? I am really clueless! Thanks in advance for your help. We will be staying on property for a full three days so a good view and/or location is important :)

I was able to book CL for our vacation!!! It is a Savannah view, non DVC. Could you please tell me a little about the CL rooms and what floor they are on? Are they close to the CL lounge? I did not make any initial requests for location. I would love some advice on where the best viewing would be but not too far from the lounge. From what I remember, I would not want a room where Arusha Rock extends out because it takes away from the views, right? But I think this is closer to the CL lounge? I am really clueless! Thanks in advance for your help. We will be staying on property for a full three days so a good view and/or location is important :)

The regular CL rooms are on the 4th floor and the lounge is on the 6th floor overlooking the lobby, above the front entrance.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/01/walt-disney-world-resort-recreation.html?m=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter