Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Haha that’s too funny. Looking at the picture from monthly calendar thread I can see it as sippers now if I zoom in but definitely read as slippers by default lol. Thank you for responding and I guess I’ll ask if anyone has done the sippers and would recommend haha.
I find this hilarious because I ALSO read it as slippers and was scouring the internet for photos of these said "slippers" for almost 30 minutes...

Best request for pool view room? Giraffe or Zebra trail? Thinking upper floor for better views but anything else to add? Does the trail matter? Assuming all pool views are close to lobby and The Mara. Thanks.

I prefer Giraffe trail because it is closer to the lobby and buses. Definitely request upper floor, not only for better views, but also to be more removed from pool noise.

Here now
Quick question: has anyone found Timon in the Kidani lobby or Pumba in the Jambo lobby?
We tried yesterday and we’re not successful…

Attachments

• 15AA7E69-835D-4731-962C-73914A360E03.jpeg
    15AA7E69-835D-4731-962C-73914A360E03.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 40

Posted elsewhere but will repeat here. I’m at akv this week and they started the bead activities back this week. They are in training this week and had open to guests Tuesday and Wednesday. I don’t see any bead activities today but saw them doing medallion tracing and was told they training different things today. However the bead activities officially come back this Sunday so should be more availble then.
Heyyyy! So excited about this! Usually, we're hard-core, rope-drop-'til-you-drop park warriors, but this August, we are relaxing with only evening events and resort activities planned. Very hyped about the scavenger hunt, hidden Mickey search, and earning our bead bracelet. Appreciate the update!

Heyyyy! So excited about this! Usually, we're hard-core, rope-drop-'til-you-drop park warriors, but this August, we are relaxing with only evening events and resort activities planned. Very hyped about the scavenger hunt, hidden Mickey search, and earning our bead bracelet. Appreciate the update!
Here's the schedule for the bead activities!
341890804_1594260127667391_2141829011951063936_n.jpg

We will be back at AKL 9/14-9/17/23! We stayed 8 nights last September & we loved everything about the resort, other than the longer rides to MK. But I'm realizing now that it was just the end of a long week. It's really no different than from when we stayed at GF and rode the bus to AK.

Anyway, this is a girl's trip for MNSSHP. I just kept coming back to the laid back feel of the resort & all of the eating options, lounges, etc. I can't wait!

Apologies if this is said elsewhere - i tried to search but didn't find.
I have reservation in August at the Lodge, standard view room. What should I request? I've seen elsewhere recommendations for Kudu trail. Is that still the best for a chance to see any animals? i don't expect any animal views, but would like to not have view of the parking lot! Any other recommendations to request during checkin?

Hi! Question about room categories. My family last stayed at AKL in January of 2020 in a standard view. We loved it! It ended up being a partial Savanna View. I just booked for August 2024 and saw that the room categories are now Resort (Roof tops and parking) and Savanna. Is the possibility of a partial savanna view still an option. I am very curious! Thank you.

Does AKL have Water slide and I can 't wait to stay in the AKL. We have never stay in AKL before. Should take AKL for Christmas 2023.

Does AKL have Water slide and I can 't wait to stay in the AKL. We have never stay in AKL before. Should take AKL for Christmas 2023.
Yes, the AKL pool has a water slide. Here's a pic of the one at the Jambo pool - not the most exciting slide at Disney, but it's there!

AKL pool slide.png

Stayed at AKL-Jambo in May and we had so much fun with the bead activities and collecting all of the beads. I highly recommend these activities for anyone around AKL - it's obviously a lot of kids participating, but we were two adults and had an awesome time with it. There tends to be a rush of kids right at the beginning of the activity, so if you want more interaction and conversation with the people leading the activities, try going mid-way through the hour (exception being Animal Enrichment, which is best if you're there from the beginning). It's fun to do the activities in smaller groups. The people leading the activities were really great to chat with, and excited to talk about their home countries. Highlights for me were the games of Mmele I played against Richard (I think he let me win but the strategy of the game was super fun to learn) in the "Have a Ball" activity, and talking to Motswasele about animals and his home country of Botswana during the "Animal Tracking" activity. And the completed 'String of Memories' is such a great (and free!) souvenir to bring home.

AKL bead activities.pngAKL beads.jpg

I know Animal Kingdom Lodge is far from everything except for Animal Kingdom but is it really 50 minutes from Magic Kingdom? I'm considering switching since it would be a pretty significant savings (I've also always wanted to stay here) but worry about that bus ride with a 2 year old, if that number is correct.

I know Animal Kingdom Lodge is far from everything except for Animal Kingdom but is it really 50 minutes from Magic Kingdom? I'm considering switching since it would be a pretty significant savings (I've also always wanted to stay here) but worry about that bus ride with a 2 year old, if that number is correct.
The bus ride to Magic Kingdom is about 20 minutes (not including the wait for the bus).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter