• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

@VAtink that is gorgeous, thank you for sharing your pics! My husband and I are celebrating our 15th this coming year and we were thinking of doing 1 week at WDW with our son who's 11. We've only done a 1bed and that for our 10th, because we got a steal of a deal on it. Would you say it's worth it for a special occasion? We've never stayed at a Club-level room either because it just seems like an extra waste of money for us even when we do enjoy long relaxing resort days.
I would say if the goal is to have a very relaxing mostly resort stay then it's definitely worth it! Having the extra space was really nice, and we loved having balconies on two sides of the building so if the animals weren't outside of one, they often were outside of the other.

The only downside to the room is how far from the lobby it was, those are long hallways and the two bedroom was at the very end, although that probably helped with how quiet it was down there!

Just got back from my first stay at AKL. This place is beautiful! I loved just sitting in the lobby, looking at the tree. We had a standard room, and it felt really spacious. We were the last room on the hall, so the walk was long, but it was quiet, so I didn't mind. Will definitely be staying again!

So excited will be staying at AKL for the first time. Do all rooms have a private balcony? Does anyone have pictures of the view for a resort view room?

So excited will be staying at AKL for the first time. Do all rooms have a private balcony? Does anyone have pictures of the view for a resort view room?
Are you staying at Jambo or Kidani? Cash or DVC? I'm familiar with the DVC savanna view rooms, and both Kidani and Jambo have private balconies overlooking the animals. Not sure about the standard views.

King bed Savanna view, or Jambo House Deluxe studio savanna view? Both are essentially the same price. I LIKE the longer walk to be further out on the savannah. Only want Arusha savanna.

I love the instrumental music loop that plays on the TVs in the rooms (when the screen says "Welcome Family" or whatever). Has anyone found a recording of that loop anywhere? I have the lobby music loops for Jambo and Kidani - this is something different. The loop is maybe 20-30 seconds?

Last edited:
I am surprising my DW with a trip this August. She has always wanted to stay at AKL. I am not able to afford the Savannah view so I booked a resort view. I have read folks post that only get Savannah views if you stay at AKL.

My question is, because we have not visited this resort before, is there a public area where you can sit and watch animals (i.e. lobby or patio off the lobby)? I am hopeful this exists because I think she wants to watch animals for 30 minutes once or twice.

I am surprising my DW with a trip this August. She has always wanted to stay at AKL. I am not able to afford the Savannah view so I booked a resort view. I have read folks post that only get Savannah views if you stay at AKL.

My question is, because we have not visited this resort before, is there a public area where you can sit and watch animals (i.e. lobby or patio off the lobby)? I am hopeful this exists because I think she wants to watch animals for 30 minutes once or twice.
There are multiple viewing areas where y’all will be welcome to sit as long as you want! Here’s the resort map, with the little paw symbols showing those locations. https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/DAKLMap.pdf

There are multiple viewing areas where y’all will be welcome to sit as long as you want! Here’s the resort map, with the little paw symbols showing those locations. https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/DAKLMap.pdf
Thank you CarolynFH. Duh, I should of looked at the resort map. Glad to know that there is seating too. I think DW will enjoy this "encounter" with a cup of coffee and a few animals to look at. Full exposure, up close and personal, is not a good idea with her allergies.

Thank you CarolynFH. Duh, I should have looked at the resort map. Glad to know that there is seating too. I think DW will enjoy this "encounter" with a cup of coffee and a few animals to look at. Full exposure, up close and personal, is not a good idea with her allergies.
And don’t forget about Kidani. If you go all the way through the lobby, there’s an area on the left with several rocking chairs, perfect for relaxing!

Thank you CarolynFH. Duh, I should of looked at the resort map. Glad to know that there is seating too. I think DW will enjoy this "encounter" with a cup of coffee and a few animals to look at. Full exposure, up close and personal, is not a good idea with her allergies.
One of the nicest places to view animals at AKL, I think, is the Sunset Lounge in back of the front desk. Walk towards the rear of the resort, look to your left at the end of the check in area, and there's a nice lounge, with chairs, bench seating, etc. Typically it's very quiet, but occasionally it's full of people waiting for the bus to the Disney Cruise. If so, just wait a few minutes. There's a lovely savannah view from there. I've sometimes gone in there to read, or gotten a meal from Mara, taken it to the Sunset Lounge to eat and watch animals. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter