JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
shyjade said:
Wednesday, July 26th at 10:30am (Central). I've got it marked in my calendar so I don't forget to record it! :thumbsup2

...and, while you're at it:

Tues, July 11 ~

5PM - Disney's Imagineers
6PM - Destination USA, Undiscovered Walt Disney World
7PM - Travel Channel Secrets, Animal Kingdom

Thanks to AKLGoofy for your feedback. Much appreciated. I have the luck to live in the area, and we frequent AKL. It's our fav. We sneak away a lot and leave the 7-year-old with babysitter! We just ate at Jiko Saturday. We had to, because my son INSISTED he go to Simba's!!! (loves it and we love the staff there--Miss Barbara and Miss Michelle are quite awesome). Anyway, we are still finding things to do at Disney. I just wanted to treat my DH to something special, and we love that darned lodge! In fact, thinking of getting hitched there (small wedding) and using the two wine rooms as our reception dinner place. We are huge fans of Annette GG, the chef there. She is brilliant. I am surprised by your comments that there was lots more food than needed. I guess DIS wants to make sure you get your money's worth. I agree, however, I do not like gluttony either. I am also sorry that your service started sliding. We have finally bonded with some waitstaff there, which took a while, I must admit. Our service has been outstanding as of late thanks to Drew and Karim. If we do this, I think the only thing we have not done is Victoria & Albert Chef's Table! (yeah, right, we'll think of something) But thanks again for the feedback.

BensMom said:
Thanks to AKLGoofy for your feedback. Much appreciated. I have the luck to live in the area, and we frequent AKL. It's our fav. We sneak away a lot and leave the 7-year-old with babysitter! We just ate at Jiko Saturday. We had to, because my son INSISTED he go to Simba's!!! (loves it and we love the staff there--Miss Barbara and Miss Michelle are quite awesome). Anyway, we are still finding things to do at Disney. I just wanted to treat my DH to something special, and we love that darned lodge! In fact, thinking of getting hitched there (small wedding) and using the two wine rooms as our reception dinner place. We are huge fans of Annette GG, the chef there. She is brilliant. I am surprised by your comments that there was lots more food than needed. I guess DIS wants to make sure you get your money's worth. I agree, however, I do not like gluttony either. I am also sorry that your service started sliding. We have finally bonded with some waitstaff there, which took a while, I must admit. Our service has been outstanding as of late thanks to Drew and Karim. If we do this, I think the only thing we have not done is Victoria & Albert Chef's Table! (yeah, right, we'll think of something) But thanks again for the feedback.

...uhhhhh, I just noticed your 'location'....are you a"Stepford Wife" :scared1: :scared: ...????

The ability to laugh at oneself is a gift! In answer to your question re: Stepford, Florida, I live in Celebration, the town that lots of people say is creepy because it's so "perfect." There is actually a Wisteria Lane here! But, no, I am not a Stepford wife. I just live in a town that looks perfect, but I can assure everyone there is as much dysfunction here as anywhere else! LOL

BensMom said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, overall the service was excellent! It's just that our waitperson got a bit busy toward the end and, compared to the begining when there was no one else in the wine room, it got a bit more difficult to get things finished up. I was only concerned as Susan and I had a limo to catch over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride and I knew the trip would take a bit.

I'm up to 6 pages in Word (without pictures) already and haven't even gotten to the actual trip yet... I hope whoever reads this has a LOT of time on their hands...

OH, and BensMom, you should be getting a PM from someone here shortly with a suggestion for you. They sent it to me by mistake. It was a good idea I think so if you don't get it let me know and I'll forward it to you.

Bob

AKLGoofy, thanks again. No, as of this writing, no PM, but I will let you know.

AKLgoofy: I would think that the reason the Sunrise Safari is so popular is that you can take your kids on this one. I think that they need to meet a minimum age to attend the evening safari, ot you must purchase the entire safari. i know that we would have loved to go on the Sunset Safari, but our DGD is 4 and could not join us, so we chose the morning.

03a84b15.jpg

I hope this worked. LOL. Here is Luvfigment with her Cinderella slipper. Dinner was at the Grand Floridian. If this works more pictures of AKL coming.

Webbie said:
03a84b15.jpg

I hope this worked. LOL. Here is Luvfigment with her Cinderella slipper. Dinner was at the Grand Floridian. If this works more pictures of AKL coming.

...it works! :thumbsup2 Wow, that looks dee-LISH!

Nancyg56 said:
AKLgoofy: I would think that the reason the Sunrise Safari is so popular is that you can take your kids on this one. I think that they need to meet a minimum age to attend the evening safari, ot you must purchase the entire safari. i know that we would have loved to go on the Sunset Safari, but our DGD is 4 and could not join us, so we chose the morning.

Aha! I bet you're right! Hadn't thought of that.. never looked into the requirements for the Sunrise. Sure you're right... with all the young children I saw around that must be it.

Bob

Webbie said:
Here is one not too many people post. The bus stop out front.

AH yes, the bus stop. I have to admit, I was very pleased with on-site transportation when we used it. Of course, we had several instances of "pixie dust" where that is involved (see the full report for specifics) so I might have gotten a biased view...

It's great going straight to where your destination or coming straight back. Just one more reason AKL rules!

Bob

This is for AKL Goofy-Maybe I missed it, but I'm wondering what room you had and what Savannah your room overlooked. I know you said the baby Giraffe was on the Savannah. Was it Uzima?

:cool1: :cheer2: Hi to all Akl fans. Keep the pictures coming ,not to long for my safari to the lodge.

That looks yummy! Great picture :thumbsup2

Webbie said:
03a84b15.jpg

Yeah, is it, is it, huh, huh, huh!!!! :yay:

kimmar067 said:
AKLGoofy ~

Sooooooo, are ya almost DONE yet....:hyper: ??!?!?!?!?

shyjade said:
Wednesday, July 26th at 10:30am (Central). I've got it marked in my calendar so I don't forget to record it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I've been trying to view upcoming episodes on Tivo but it only goes a week or so out.

Bob, I have to say everything you did for Susan was absolutely beautiful! Way to go :thumbsup2

Disney01 said:
This is for AKL Goofy-Maybe I missed it, but I'm wondering what room you had and what Savannah your room overlooked. I know you said the baby Giraffe was on the Savannah. Was it Uzima?

I'm going to have to do some research on the savannah name. The room number was 4563. It was on the right-hand arm, and then out the little finger to the right as you look at an overhead view. Right at the very end of that little finger so we were far away from all the lobby noise and such. That's probably why the animals all seemed to congregate there in the evenings, after all the "snacks" for them were done for the day on the "hay pads" out in the main savannahs. We had a veritable parade of critters each evening. No zebras, though, so if you're into zebras, another room is definately in order.

I checked the building layout map and don't see a svannah name listed. Here's where we were:

116166room_locator.jpg

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter