JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
kimmar067 said:
AKLGoofy ~

Sooooooo, are ya almost DONE yet....:hyper: ??!?!?!?!?

Heheh, well, I'm up to 10 pages (single spaced, half inch margins in Word) and we're just leaving the Orlando Airport. I'm guessing a couple more days for the text and then it will take a bit to get all the pictures sorted and trimmed and site up.

I'll stick to it, I promise!

Bob

A word on the Sunset Safari -- when I called AKL Concierge about our upcoming stay in March, I was told that kids are now allowed to go on the Sunset Safari. We weren't even thinking about it b/c of our daughter, but it sounds like they have opened it up to families (dont remember the exact age limit, though). We'll still probably take the Sunrise Safari, since the cost of the Sunset one is so high -- it does sound like fun, though.

AKLGoofy said:
Heheh, well, I'm up to 10 pages (single spaced, half inch margins in Word) and we're just leaving the Orlando Airport....

....YIKES!! :earseek: Ya mean ya didn't even LEAVE Orlando.....???!!??!?!

:offtopic:
:wave2:
Hey all! Long time no post. Just thought I would check in! I have some reading to catch up on here. Things have been pretty busy. We have the puppy home now his name is Chief (although I'm thinking we might change it to NO!). He is very fast and gets into everything. Here are two pics of him on the car ride home (I haven't loaded any others yet). I'm putting out a plate of Zebra Domes so everyone make sure to grab a few.

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

I am considering upgrading my room from standard to savannah but is it really worth the extra $? I mean we will more then likely be up between 6 and 7am so will there be plenty of animals to see? Can someone tell me what is the best rooms to get and the floors for a good savannah view room, non-smoking and just 2 queen size beds, no bunks. Also if you have pics I would love to see them. And one more question. Why is the safaris only open for Conceriege? I would LOVE to do it but we cant afford conceriege though.

The DVC rumors are cool! It would be great to be able to use a reasonable amount of points to stay at AKL.

scoutsmom99, your puppy is so cute!

Kimmar, glad everything worked out and you are going to WDW. I think we will be there the same time as you.

AKLGoofy, happy to hear you had a good trip. I would be upset about the room change. Can't wait to see your website!

Webbie, great pic of Luvfigment! Hope you had a great trip!

Luvfigment, good luck on the job search, hope you get what you want!

Some good news for a change, my sister, also a DVC member, has some leftover reservation points so we might get to stay at AKL instead of moving to OKW. Just a savannah room though as the points for CL are astronomical! I am going to call in the am to see if I can book this for us.

Bob, you were in one of my favorite areas! I've requested non deluxe just to be there, in fact. The right hand corner of that end has a hallway in the actual room before you turn into the room. It has more space than a normal savannah view room. That room is on the Uzima savannah and is where I've followed Mrs. Ankole Cattle through two births. Yes, you are far from the lounge, but the views are fantastic and you don't look at any other balconies across from you. It is as though the savannah is all YOURS! :)

AKLGoofy said:
I'm going to have to do some research on the savannah name. The room number was 4563. It was on the right-hand arm, and then out the little finger to the right as you look at an overhead view. We had a veritable parade of critters each evening. No zebras, though, so if you're into zebras, another room is definately in order.

I checked the building layout map and don't see a svannah name listed. Here's where we were:

Bob

Hi Bob, If I'm reading my resort map correctly, You were on the Uzima Savanna. We were in room 3578 ~ pretty much across the way from where you were, only down a floor. Basically, the wings form a V shape, we were on the left wing inside of the V, you were on the right to the outside, if I'm reading this right.
We were on the Zebra Trail, Arusha Savanna. We saw tons of Zebras every day, as well as many giraffe and a new baby giraffe, I posted pics of him some pages back. I'll have to keep that in mind when we check in next time, as DS loves Zebra's and would not really want to miss them. I really thought all the Savanna's had Zebra ~ so thanks for that info!!!

So, really, you've had what, a day to get that site up............ :confused3 Sheesh, how long are you gonna make us wait!!!! LOL

Seriously, I"m glad you had such an amazing trip, and that Susan loved it all. I know you put so much into it, and we're all so anxious to hear all about it!!! Please take all the kidding as terms of endearment!

scoutsmom99 said:
:offtopic:
:wave2:
Hey all! Long time no post. Just thought I would check in! I have some reading to catch up on here. Things have been pretty busy. We have the puppy home now his name is Chief (although I'm thinking we might change it to NO!). He is very fast and gets into everything. Here are two pics of him on the car ride home (I haven't loaded any others yet). I'm putting out a plate of Zebra Domes so everyone make sure to grab a few.

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

Hey Lisa!!! What a cute puppy ~~ YEP, looks a little mischievious to me .... LOL!!! I took a few domes, Thanks!!!

We have Savannah view. But I asked for close to the pool. Is this a bad idea? Are the animals more visible in a different area?

good day to all,to answer in regards of our trip dates (i know im replying a few days late) we will be arriving sept 9 and leaving the 17th, and i still hate the wait to go but at least we are down to under 2 months now

Yes, I also think AKLGoofy was on the Uzima savannah. I had heard that the baby giraffe was on the Uzima, but another poster said they saw her on Arusha. I know Zebras are only on the Arusha.

I like Uzima. The thing I'm worried about with Arusha, is just having a view of a big rock. I'd like to be further out from the building. Maybe I will request that.

DisTeach1 said:
Yes, I also think AKLGoofy was on the Uzima savannah. I had heard that the baby giraffe was on the Uzima, but another poster said they saw her on Arusha. I know Zebras are only on the Arusha.

I like Uzima. The thing I'm worried about with Arusha, is just having a view of a big rock. I'd like to be further out from the building. Maybe I will request that.

I am currently working on the part of my report where we check in and I have my first "less-than-magical" moment and your fears about the "rock view" are warranted, I believe. Our first room may have been thought to be well--located but, as Susan later pointed out, our balcony basically would have had a view of the rock and all the kids, noise , etc. that would be attendent. That's why our eventual location better suited her, given our options at the time.

Bob

P.S. Only on our first evening, still. Working as hard as I can folks!

newholidayx2 said:
We have Savannah view. But I asked for close to the pool. Is this a bad idea? Are the animals more visible in a different area?

....nope, I think you got the 'best' of both..... :thumbsup2

AKLGoofy said:
I am currently working on the part of my report where we check in and I have my first "less-than-magical" moment and your fears about the "rock view" are warranted, I believe. Our first room may have been thought to be well--located but, as Susan later pointed out, our balcony basically would have had a view of the rock and all the kids, noise , etc. that would be attendent. That's why our eventual location better suited her, given our options at the time.

Bob

P.S. Only on our first evening, still. Working as hard as I can folks!

...Boy, this is as exciting as waiting for POTC to come out....ALMOST! [ ;) ]

(BTW ~ Lisa, the puppy-wuppy is ADORABLE!!! :love: )

Talked to Don in IPO yesterday and he said they are now booking children as young as 8 regularly on the sunset (Wanyama) safari and are now providing a children's menu. He also said it was for a reduced price instead of the $150/person but I can't remember if he actually told me what the children's price is. If you do a "buyout" of the whole safari ($1200) you can take children of any age which is how we were able to book our 5 year old. We had 8 people anyway including him so that is the max on the sunset safari.

We leave Friday for our trip spending the first 7 days at YC and then on to AKL next Friday the 21st. Here we come Presidential Suite!!!

YCFAN said:
Talked to Don in IPO yesterday and he said they are now booking children as young as 8 regularly on the sunset (Wanyama) safari and are now providing a children's menu. He also said it was for a reduced price instead of the $150/person but I can't remember if he actually told me what the children's price is. If you do a "buyout" of the whole safari ($1200) you can take children of any age which is how we were able to book our 5 year old. We had 8 people anyway including him so that is the max on the sunset safari.

We leave Friday for our trip spending the first 7 days at YC and then on to AKL next Friday the 21st. Here we come Presidential Suite!!!

...wow, ver-r-r-r-y kewl! :thumbsup2

DisTeach1 said:
I had heard that the baby giraffe was on the Uzima, but another poster said they saw her on Arusha.

It was me, We did see a new baby giraffe on the Arusha Savanna, but it was back at the end of Jan. first part of Feb. so I doubt it's the same one.

I posted the pics some pages back, but here is the baby right outside our window, where she was each day we were there. We loved watching her try to run around, she was so funny and adorable!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/pgawidow/IMG_2585.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/pgawidow/IMG_2584.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/pgawidow/IMG_2691.jpg

In this one if you look right smack in the middle of the tree's you'll see her!!

I know this is wrong of me but I'm ready to put the whip to AKLGoofy. You just can't tease us with those amazing plans, brilliant early posts and then not deliver. I'm not interested in hearing excuses about eating, sleeping and having a life. You are to complete the task! NOW!!! :hourglass

calgarygary said:
I know this is wrong of me but I'm ready to put the whip to AKLGoofy. You just can't tease us with those amazing plans, brilliant early posts and then not deliver. I'm not interested in hearing excuses about eating, sleeping and having a life. You are to complete the task! NOW!!! :hourglass

....bwahahahhaha...I needed a good laugh! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter