JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKLGoofy said:
Got the domain request in and Yahoo tells me it could be up to 72 hours. Soon as I get something from them confirming the address, I'll upload what I have and give you guys something to get started on... after all, it would appear that this probably won't be a "read in one sitting" kind of thing!

Bob

So I have no more than 72 hours to catch up on all of my laundry, errands, housework and cooking because I am going to be glued to this screen for Bob's true story? I better get movin because I can't wait! :thumbsup2

scoutsmom99 said:
:offtopic:
:wave2:
Hey all! Long time no post. Just thought I would check in! I have some reading to catch up on here. Things have been pretty busy. We have the puppy home now his name is Chief (although I'm thinking we might change it to NO!). He is very fast and gets into everything. Here are two pics of him on the car ride home (I haven't loaded any others yet). I'm putting out a plate of Zebra Domes so everyone make sure to grab a few.

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

What a cute puppy!!! Oh and I am gonna grab a couple Zebra Domes...there must be some left not too many people claimed any.

AKLGoofy said:
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I'm up to about 17 pages now and almost done with our first full day. Now that I have the basic layout done in Yahoo's sitebuilder, the conversion from Word to website should go pretty quickly. I'm hoping to have something actually online this weekend, though it depends on how fast Yahoo gets my domain setup and whatnot.

Worse comes to worst, I'll put up what I have if the domain is ready and just keep plugging away till it's done!

Bob

Bob I have loved your updates so far and am getting ready for the rest of the story! Make sure you let us know as soon as the website is up and running.

Besides the Zebra Domes my favorite were those small lemon merigue pies(not sure what they are called). I could not stop eating them :blush:

luvfigment said:

Bob, you are not too wordy for me! I love to hear details!

Wintergreen, glad you had a great trip! I am planning to do the culinary tour with my sister and niece and nephew! Knowing them it will be one of the highlights of our trip as my niece (age 9) has already informed me that since we have been to the parks numerous times she would like to spend more time at the resort and in the pool (which is fine by me!)

luvfigment, I am not a big fan of zebra domes but almost any other dessert on the plate would be fine! My parents and I really enjoyed Boma in January and I was so happy when my nephew (age 9) decided that Boma would be his pick of a restaurant for this trip!

kimmar067 said:
...I have 2 std rooms booked for my Aug vaca....after being in concierge and a dlx savannah-view room, it'll definitely be a bit of a let-down.....unless, of course, some pixiedust: heads my way and we get upgraded.... :rolleyes1

Well, if your luck is like ours :yay: was on our recent visit, (we were there over the 4th of July week), we received a huge amount of pixiedust: My TA had somehow booked a standard view, (which in my case translated to Parking lot view), and our wonderful CM was able to arrange a fantastic upgrade for us to Savannah view. I had requested a poolview, but unfortunately (more pixiedust: ) none were available, so she had to put us in the Arusha Savannah rooms! Darn eh! Hope you are as lucky...

On another note, I was going to prepare a trip report...but I don't think mine is going to hold a candle to AKL Goofy's....we were there at the same time, so I think I'll just pretend I was along on his trip! Instead of mine with four teenage girls and one husband (who held up quite well given the odds of 5:1)....

I will try to get something organized this weekend...or maybe when I go on my next vacation in a couple of weeks, I'll take the laptop and get it organized and upload when I get home!

Waiting for that report Bob.....by the time I get back and have mine ready, with any luck your wonderful website might be a fading memory? :rotfl:

Hello to you all, I just wanted to share my excitement. I received a letter today saying when i have to go back to college and the date has been put back. We are going to WDW on September 1st and flying home on the 10th. So there is now a chance that we can extend our trip to stay 2 or 3 extra nights. I dont want to get my hopes up coss we need to ring virgin holidays to check availability so i will update you once I know for sure. AKL here I come!

I had to pop in and say "HI." :wave: We had a wonderful stay last month. I saw the red river hogs. :cool1: Too bad it was raining buckets so I knew the pictures wouldn't turn out. They are soooo cute! I met up with Sue from IPO as she happened to working in the lounge the morning we left. Joey in the lounge once again took great care of us, too (told me the RRH are out there right now and get my butt down there!). So, concierge guests, heads up because you might meet the Sue at IPO if you keep a lookout for her. :teeth: There are pool view rooms in CL on the 6th floor but not many. I know this was kicked around a while back. I happened to get one this time. It had a bunkbed and queen which DS was completely thrilled with. Ummmm, I didn't like how the roof blocked the pool view but it was fine for a short trip. They are also smoking. While I didn't smell any smoke in the room I did smell it when the neighbors came home through the connecting door. It wasn't overwhelming and it didn't stink up my room. It was just right at that door. It doesn't bother me, but if you are super sensitive I'd suggest making a non-smoking room a must for you. We still saw the RRH so I'm so good to go! :banana:

I did have another terrific breakfast at Boma's. :smokin: I miss home and I look forward to living vicariously through everyone else. :thumbsup2

:wizard: 2 extra nights are booked :cheer2: We will now be at AKL from September 1st - September 12th.

LAWalz23 said:
...My parents and I really enjoyed Boma in January and I was so happy when my nephew (age 9) decided that Boma would be his pick of a restaurant for this trip!

...that's how my DS feels, too! He doesn't want to go to WDW unless we have DEFINITE ressies for Boma...... :confused3 like that's a PROBLEM for me???? :teeth:

Some good news for me, we are going to stay at AKL for our entire stay (we may have to change rooms but may be will get some pixiedust: and be allowed to stay in the first room). My sister had leftover hotel reservation pts because she had to switch her vacation (due to Mom's surgeries) and we are using them to stay at AKL instead of switching to OKW for the last two nights. We do lose the dining plan for those two nights but will just have to deal with it! :goodvibes

Mom is supposed to come home today but her Doctor is sick and they are not sure she is ready so it may be Monday, meanwhile both my brother and I took the day off :furious:

Kimmar, I love the coconut tiramisu also. Maybe we will see you there. It would be two ladies with glasses and a boy and girl with glasses.

LAWalz23 said:
Some good news for me, we are going to stay at AKL for our entire stay (we may have to change rooms but may be will get some pixiedust: and be allowed to stay in the first room). My sister had leftover hotel reservation pts because she had to switch her vacation (due to Mom's surgeries) and we are using them to stay at AKL instead of switching to OKW for the last two nights....

..... :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :yay:

LAWalz23 said:
....Kimmar, I love the coconut tiramisu also. Maybe we will see you there. It would be two ladies with glasses and a boy and girl with glasses...

....I'LL be the one sipping a Victoria Falls Mist and OD'ing on the Zebra Domes.... :crazy:

stephwynn said:
Well, if your luck is like ours :yay: was on our recent visit, (we were there over the 4th of July week), we received a huge amount of pixiedust: My TA had somehow booked a standard view, (which in my case translated to Parking lot view), and our wonderful CM was able to arrange a fantastic upgrade for us to Savannah view. I had requested a poolview, but unfortunately (more pixiedust: ) none were available, so she had to put us in the Arusha Savannah rooms! Darn eh! Hope you are as lucky...

On another note, I was going to prepare a trip report...but I don't think mine is going to hold a candle to AKL Goofy's....we were there at the same time, so I think I'll just pretend I was along on his trip! Instead of mine with four teenage girls and one husband (who held up quite well given the odds of 5:1)....

I will try to get something organized this weekend...or maybe when I go on my next vacation in a couple of weeks, I'll take the laptop and get it organized and upload when I get home!

Waiting for that report Bob.....by the time I get back and have mine ready, with any luck your wonderful website might be a fading memory? :rotfl:

Congrats on the upgrade!! It happened to us too, in Feb. it was great. Keep your fingers crossed for us this time around too!!!

Glad you had a good trip ~ tell your DH I'm not sure how he survived those odds, not sure if my DH would've fared that well!!!

gems_smiling said:
:wizard: 2 extra nights are booked :cheer2: We will now be at AKL from September 1st - September 12th.

Whoo Hoo!!!! Good for you!!! I got to add extra days too!!!! It's great!!! :woohoo:

VAgal76 said:
I had to pop in and say "HI." :wave: We had a wonderful stay last month. I saw the red river hogs. :cool1: Too bad it was raining buckets so I knew the pictures wouldn't turn out. They are soooo cute! I met up with Sue from IPO as she happened to working in the lounge the morning we left. Joey in the lounge once again took great care of us, too (told me the RRH are out there right now and get my butt down there!). So, concierge guests, heads up because you might meet the Sue at IPO if you keep a lookout for her. :teeth: There are pool view rooms in CL on the 6th floor but not many. I know this was kicked around a while back. I happened to get one this time. It had a bunkbed and queen which DS was completely thrilled with. Ummmm, I didn't like how the roof blocked the pool view but it was fine for a short trip. They are also smoking. While I didn't smell any smoke in the room I did smell it when the neighbors came home through the connecting door. It wasn't overwhelming and it didn't stink up my room. It was just right at that door. It doesn't bother me, but if you are super sensitive I'd suggest making a non-smoking room a must for you. We still saw the RRH so I'm so good to go! :banana:

I did have another terrific breakfast at Boma's. :smokin: I miss home and I look forward to living vicariously through everyone else. :thumbsup2

Glad you had a good time!! DS also loved the bunk beds ~ I've requested them again for this trip - I hope we get them!!! I'll have to make a point to look for the RRH's, I didn't see them last time. Welcome back!!!

wintergreen said:
Just back from a 3 night stay in a pool view room at AKL. It was fabulous! The only problem I ran into was a very disappointed DD, when she saw that we did not have a savannah view room like we did the last time we stayed there. Guess I should have warned her in advance!!

Anyway, I really liked the pool view room, particularly b/c it was SO close to everything. We (kids, too!) did the culinary tour one afternoon, which was great! Dinner at Jiko was fab! Spent lots of time in the pool. Kids did night vision goggles and floor rubbings.

Really nice visit. I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for giving me lots of ideas!!!

Glad you had fun!!! I think I need to have that talk with DS ~ in case we don't get the bunk beds :guilty: he loved that so much, he'd be disappointed if we don't get them!!!! Also, Can you give more info on the culinary tour ~~ it may be something DS and I can do while DH is golfing!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter