JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycns

DIS Veteran
So, who will all be at AKL in September? ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!! ;)

I saw some drink suggestions a few pages back. Does anyone have any others (other then wine...it's just not my favorite thing...shame on me, I know)?

During our last stay I didn't take the time to hang out at the pool with a drink in hand...this time that is a must do activity!:thumbsup2

We will be there in September!!!!!!!
Looking forward to hanging out at the pool as well for a couple of afternoons. Sun, water, drinks, sounds nice...........

We will be honeymooning at AKL in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone give me an "ear"ful about what AKL is like for couples???? I've never stayed there!!!!

We will be honeymooning at AKL in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone give me an "ear"ful about what AKL is like for couples???? I've never stayed there!!!!

Can't help you on what the lodge is like for couples, but congratulations on the wedding. 30 days will be here soon!!! But probably not soon enough based on my experience. I loved you proposal story as well.

Have a great day!

So it's our first time at AKL. We've stayed offsite a number of times, at fW, CR, GF and at WL. I'm interested reading this thread and learning what not to miss. We'll be there 9/10 through 9/15. Our kids think it's weird, but we're looking forward to doing Disney on our own.

We'll be there for our first time too!!! 9/14-9/23. And we're also staying in a standard room. Honeymoon on a so-called budget!! But spoiling ourselves SILLY at WDW!!!:love:

Can't help you on what the lodge is like for couples, but congratulations on the wedding. 30 days will be here soon!!! But probably not soon enough based on my experience. I loved you proposal story as well.

Have a great day!

Thanks!!!! When will you be at WDW? We'll be there 9/14-9/23. I'm looking for "help" from people who have read the proposal story to surprise my DF. If you see a cute young couple with the wedding ears, ask if they're the ones with the "cool proposal story at the Magic Kingdom".....I want my DF to think he's a celebrity!! :cool2:

What exactly would you like to know about AKL for couples? DFi I stayed there in 2005 and loved it. It was very peaceful and we loved taking a dip in the pool late at night. We will also be staying there this year for our Disneymoon in Oct. Victoria Falls is another nice place to hand out at night and you can go off to the side and have it be a little more intimate.

My wife and I went there in '01 on sort of a 2nd honeymoon (also the last WDW trip sans kids!).

It really is VERY romantic...everything about it. We would take nice walks along the hallways, checking out the little art exhibits, stopping at some of the animal viewing areas, hanging out in the lobby, etc.

The hot tubs, at night, were virtually empty (but the pool bar was still open) and they were a nice spot to enjoy a frozen adult beverage and chill after a long day in the parks.

Definitely check out Jiko's. Great food, great atmosphere, especially for couples.

Another thing we did, which was very romantic, was to do a morning in-room breakfast on our balcony (savannah view).

We loved the place (obviously...look at my siggie. :) )

Thanks!!!! When will you be at WDW? We'll be there 9/14-9/23. I'm looking for "help" from people who have read the proposal story to surprise my DF. If you see a cute young couple with the wedding ears, ask if they're the ones with the "cool proposal story at the Magic Kingdom".....I want my DF to think he's a celebrity!! :cool2:

We will be there 9/7 - 15. So we have a short overlap and if we see you I will definitely stop and say something. :thumbsup2

I am just now sure I can wait another 127 days. I am sure I will manage somehow. My wife and I both had short visits with our families ±22 years ago to Epcot and we both had a short trip to Disneyland as well. But we have not been since then, never been together and never taken the kids. We think the kids will go nuts (ds 7 pirate: and dd 5 princess: ) when we tell them we are going. :banana:

We will be there 9/7 - 15. So we have a short overlap and if we see you I will definitely stop and say something. :thumbsup2

I am just now sure I can wait another 127 days. I am sure I will manage somehow. My wife and I both had short visits with our families ±22 years ago to Epcot and we both had a short trip to Disneyland as well. But we have not been since then, never been together and never taken the kids. We think the kids will go nuts (ds 7 pirate: and dd 5 princess: ) when we tell them we are going. :banana:

Thanks!! This will be my DF's first official WDW experience (besides the few hours we spent at MK after he proposed LOL). I want him to come away wanting MORE!!

And congrats on your first family trip!!:yay: Your kids are going to be super thrilled. I'll never forget when I was 5 years old and my parents took me for the first time. Take every opportunity you can to "make a memory" and soak up the experience. It will live in your hearts and the hearts of your children forever.:cloud9: Take lots of pics and let us know how it turned out!

I just heard from AKL in regards to the non-smoking policy.

Although they knew where they did not know the specific location of each area.

So....

For those of you that smoke - here is where you can go

AND

For those of you that don't - here is where NOT to go

A designated area somewhere in the front of the resort and a designated area somewhere near the pool bar.

We will be there at the same time as you and your soon to be DH, and you can bet if I see you, I'll be sure to mention the famous proposal! You're going to love AKL, it's really a fabulous place to stay.:thumbsup2

I know this has been asked before but I could't find it on the thread. Is turndown service available upon request? I'd really like to take advantage of that.

I usually call Housekeeping when I get to my room and request turndown service for the length of my stay. Others have requested it when checking in.

Daydreaming about our next trip, likely next summer :sad1: , but I can't help but start planning it out in my head.
Family loved staying in deluxe CL with bunkbeds last summer. Next summer will there be any deluxe CL rooms or only standard CL? If so, what a dilemma (yeah, I know :charac2: ) choosing between deluxe and CL.
You know how you have the perfect trip and you want to recreate it? That will be me.

Hello....

I should know this, but ar ethere rooms at AKL where you can put 5 people? (3 adults, a 7 year old and a 3 year old??) Thanks!!!

Beth :hippie:

Hello....

I should know this, but ar ethere rooms at AKL where you can put 5 people? (3 adults, a 7 year old and a 3 year old??) Thanks!!!

Beth :hippie:

I think the delux rooms can - queen bed, bunk beds and day bed. The day bed is not a pull out sofa but twin size. It would all depend on how tall the third adult is as to how comfortable the day bed would be for them.

I think the delux rooms can - queen bed, bunk beds and day bed. The day bed is not a pull out sofa but twin size. It would all depend on how tall the third adult is as to how comfortable the day bed would be for them.

All true. But keep in mind that all the deluxe rooms are being converted to DVC accomodations...so their availability is quickly diminishing and will eventually disappear entirely.

All true. But keep in mind that all the deluxe rooms are being converted to DVC accomodations...so their availability is quickly diminishing and will eventually disappear entirely.

OK, so this sort of goes to my post a few back. I was hoping to get a Deluxe CL, now there won't be any Deluxe rooms available?:eek: Yes, I know I could rent points,etc. Don't want to go to the trouble.
Our family really loved AKL, but these changes will likely determine we choose a different resort. Really disappointing. Although, we spent enough for our last two trips to join DVC, I don't want to for a variety of reasons. These renovations: :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter