JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a cot? Can you get one of those for an adult? Hmmmm...what other resorts will you still be able to put 5 in? What about WL?

Thanks again...

Beth :)

Thanks!!!! When will you be at WDW? We'll be there 9/14-9/23. I'm looking for "help" from people who have read the proposal story to surprise my DF. If you see a cute young couple with the wedding ears, ask if they're the ones with the "cool proposal story at the Magic Kingdom".....I want my DF to think he's a celebrity!! :cool2:

I just read your proposal story and it brought me to tears! That's the best! Have a great time on your honeymoon! :yay:

Not to besmirtch CRO, but.....all deluxe rooms are on the 5th floor. Standard rooms are on floors 2 - 6. That's the way it's always been, so....

As for the construction only being outside the building, again, it seems CRO isn't particularly well informed. I'd call the actual front desk of AKL (407-938-3000) because it seems that those manning the phones are not very up to date with their information.

They are closing down a wing at a time, so you'll likely be put out on Kudo trail....That's why I suggested requesting a room close to the lobby...because at the END of Kudo trail is where they're building the new animal barn..which means being exposed to construction noise.

Okay . .. I know I started this particular topic on this thread over a week ago . . .thought I'd give an update. DH called AKL and talked to someone at the desk and was told that (1) deluxe Savannah rooms were 2-4 floors and conceirge deluxe were on 5th and that (2) there was no indoor construction . . .that it was still all outside. Which is contrary to what we've seen here.

They did say that our reservation has not yet dropped to them yet (we leave next Thursday . . .YIPPEE!). . .but to call back in a few days and speak to someone there at AKL about room placement due to the migraines and the outside construction. So we'll see what happens then. But how could someone answering the phones there give info so contrary to what we've heard? {sigh} We'll make the request, hope for the best, then if need be, try to be moved if we get to our room and there's a construction noise issue.

heatherg - we arrive next Thursday too!!!! I was very worried about the noise issue and the fact that due to a recent surgery that I had, we might be spending more time at the resort than usual, but after hearing so many different stories, I'm convincing myself to wait until we get there to see what's really going on and how it will affect our particular room. Hope you have a great vacation and get a great room! pixiedust:

All true. But keep in mind that all the deluxe rooms are being converted to DVC accomodations...so their availability is quickly diminishing and will eventually disappear entirely.

...I was just going to say the SAME thing.....:thumbsup2

We booked a pool view w/ bunks. :banana: But she did say it would have a queen size.

So I didn't make any requests other than non smoking. From what I gather aren't the pool views all in a pretty good location? :confused: Is there a certain trail that you would make a request for? TIA

.....::yes::...I'd ask for Giraffe Trail - GREAT location!

DSC00502.jpg

"OH MY GOODNESS, can someone get me OUTTA here??!?!?....I've left something in the oven....!!"

From the pictures it looks like there are only 2 draws to place clothes.
Are they very large draws ?
We need 4 draws for our family.
Please advise.

akl_rm34.jpg

Unless they changed the rooms since we were there..the only rooms that sleep 5 were deluxe rooms and were on the 5th floor! There were none on any other floor.The Concierge WERE all deluxe and located on the 5th and 6th floor. There will be no more deluxe rooms since they will be DVC. The concierge is moving to the 4th floor and will have standard sized rooms with savanna views sleeping up to 4 guests. Don't know what that CM was talking about! I wonder sometimes why they don't have the correct info!

Sorry this reply is a few weeks late, but I just saw it and had to reply, this being your first trip and all. We have stayed at many of the Disney resorts, and we have found that the ones that are laid out over a large area (CBR, OKW, etc) are exhausting to deal with when you're carting children around. And besides, after spending hours in the parks walking around, you don't want to have to spend extra time walking around your resort. At least that is the way I feel. I like having everything right there when I get back to my resort. Depending on where a person stays at CBR, it could be a hike to get to a store or grab a quick bite to eat. We have never stayed at AKL, but would like to try it someday. We usually stay at CR for the convenience-to us, you just can't beat being on the monorail. But it is pricey. That was what prompted us to try WL two years ago, and we liked it. Not as well as we liked CR, but it was very nice. I think you would really like AK, though it's location is remote. Have you considered trying WL Courtyard View? Or was that unavailable? We had a courtyard view, and it is quite beautiful, especially at night. I would love to know what you decide. I have not stayed at CBR, but we did stay at OKW, and did not like the "very spread out" factor. I hope your first trip is magical!! We got at least once a year, so if ther is anything I can do to assist you, please feel free to email me. I plan itineraries for people I work with who are first timers because I want everyone to have as much fun as we do!!!

Pooh2001, the two drawers you can see are fairly large, plus there are two small drawers behind the closed doors. In both rooms we had at AKL, we also had a larger dresser with 3 or 4 big drawers.

You definitely won't lack for space!

What about a cot? Can you get one of those for an adult? Hmmmm...what other resorts will you still be able to put 5 in? What about WL?

Thanks again...

Beth :)

Nope, max occupancy is 4 (+1 child under 3). No cots, no rollaways.

OK, so this sort of goes to my post a few back. I was hoping to get a Deluxe CL, now there won't be any Deluxe rooms available?:eek: Yes, I know I could rent points,etc. Don't want to go to the trouble.
Our family really loved AKL, but these changes will likely determine we choose a different resort. Really disappointing. Although, we spent enough for our last two trips to join DVC, I don't want to for a variety of reasons. These renovations: :sad1:

Correct, no more deluxe CL (or any deluxe, once conversion is mostly complete.

If you want to stay at AKL, and you have 5, you're either going to have to rent points, get 2 rooms, or try to get a 1 BR DVC unit through CRO.

Edit: Reading through my last 2 posts, I realized they could be taken as being "short" and unsympathetic. That wasn't intentional. I was doing some work at home last night AND taking care of 3 sick kids while my wife was out of the house. Just needed to be sort of econimical in my language. :)

I was one of the ones who was able to book the 40% off code for December. This trip is in celebration of my mother's 70th birthday. She last visited WDW in June 2003 at the Poly. She fell in love with AKL, so this is her Christmas/Birthday gift. I even splurged and booked Savannah view. The girls and I have only stayed in pool view rooms. So, I didn't make any requests, but after reading all about the construction, I'm thinking it might be a good idea. From this thread and other threads on the resort board, I'm thinking I should request Zebra Trail to avoid as much of the construction as possible. From what I've gathered the renovations, etc. on Zebra Trail "should" be completed by mid December. Is that correct and does anyone have any other requests I should add?

Thanks,
Melanie

TheLastPrincess, I too just read your proposal story, it brought tears to my eyes. I hope you two have a wonderful disneymoon.

I have nothing to add except:

217 days 18 hours 8 minutes to go...

In a way, it's kinda sad. For the first time in my life, I am actually wishing my summer away before it's even here!

I have nothing to add except:

217 days 18 hours 8 minutes to go...

In a way, it's kinda sad. For the first time in my life, I am actually wishing my summer away before it's even here!

I know what you mean about wishing the summer away.:sad2:

We're at 119 days and when we booked we were at 213. It's hard to believe that so much time has already gone by.

I know what you mean! I even turned off my countdown clock because it was too depressing! :sad2: I'm wishing away the entire summer and fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter