January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, ladies. I've got a question. How many of you have used Tourguide Mike and/or the Unofficial Guide. Cause I'm using both for planning, and they don't always agree 100%.

I would love to hear some real life feedback. If you used either one, share in what ways it helped or hindered your trip. If you used both, I'd LOVE to hear how they compare and which one you would recommend! I might even head venture off our little thread and start a thread on the trip planning board to see if others have an opinion on this. I love TourGuide Mike. But Unofficial Guide is awesome too. See my dilemma? :rotfl:

Peach3es--I've asked a few people this very same question and their consensus was that they liked UG better. It will be interesting to hear what people here have to say! Did you sign up for UG at their website? I did and they have lots more touring plans and their reasoning behind them. I think it's only 7 or 8 dollars for a year. I'm glad I did it.

Oh, we are definitely the cool people. :cool1: :lmao:

You can share your ADRs if you like. It's fun seeing if we're dining together at the time and place!

Fun idea! :banana:

Here's ours:

January 10th: Wolfgang Puck Cafe, 6:30 p.m.
January 11th: Chef Mickey's (DS's birthday dinner), 6:30 p.m.
January 12th: Tutto Italia, 6:30 p.m.
January 13th: Boma, 7 p.m.
January 14th: Ohana's, 10:15 a.m.
January 15th: Sci-Fi Dine In, 5 p.m.
January 16th......we go home :sad:

Today's dilemma that DH and I are struggling with.....the budgeting has gone much better than planned :cheer2: and we can now afford to stay at AKL or WL. Is is worth the extra $$'s from POR :confused3 ? Any wise words from the rest of you Snowbirds is much appreciated!!!!

Good morning Snowbirds! :goodvibes

I need your expert advice! I just realized a bit of a conundrum in my planning! On our third day at Disney, I had originally scheduled us to do Am EMH @MK, take a break and then head back to MK for Spectro after having supper @ O'hana.

Here is the problem - For the last little bit, I thought that Spectro was at 8! :scared1: It's not - it's at 7! :eek: Our ADR @ O'Hana is for 530pm THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TIME! HELP! Do you think that moving the ADR to 5 would give us enough time or should I try to move the ADR to a different day? :confused3 The only available days I have are our arrival day (we arrive @ MCO @ 11:20am) and our "No PArk" day on the 25th.

What do you think? :worship:

Hello Snowbirds! Just sharing my dining reservations for our January trip!

Saturday, January 24th (Arrival Day)
5:30 pm Coral Reef
Sunday, January 25th
8:25 am Kona Cafe
5:50 pm 50’s Prime Time Cafe
Monday, January 26th
8:25 am Crystal Palace
6:20 pm Le Cellier Steakhouse
Tuesday, January 27th
9:25 am 1900 Park Fare
12:30 am Yak & Yeti
7:05 pm Citrico’s

Wednesday, January 28th
8:30 am Captain’s Grill
7:30 pm JIKO

Thursday, January 29th
9:30 am Grand Floridian Café
7:00 pm The Wave

Friday, January 30th
7:20 pm California Grill

Saturday, January 31st
10:15 am Kona Café

I need your expert advice! I just realized a bit of a conundrum in my planning! On our third day at Disney, I had originally scheduled us to do Am EMH @MK, take a break and then head back to MK for Spectro after having supper @ O'hana.

Here is the problem - For the last little bit, I thought that Spectro was at 8! :scared1: It's not - it's at 7! :eek: Our ADR @ O'Hana is for 530pm THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TIME! HELP! Do you think that moving the ADR to 5 would give us enough time or should I try to move the ADR to a different day? :confused3 The only available days I have are our arrival day (we arrive @ MCO @ 11:20am) and our "No PArk" day on the 25th.

I would either move the ADR to 4:30, or I'd change the day. Don't forget that you can't walk up to the parade route at 6:50 and expect to see things well. I'm not sure how crowded January gets, but according to most of the reports I've read, you'll need some extra time to get lined up.

I would either move the ADR to 4:30, or I'd change the day. Don't forget that you can't walk up to the parade route at 6:50 and expect to see things well. I'm not sure how crowded January gets, but according to most of the reports I've read, you'll need some extra time to get lined up.

Agreed. Here's an idea if you're rushed. Take the monorail over, jump on the train and exit at Frontierland and watch the parade up there. There's always better places to stand up there. Then you can walk toward the castle if you want to see the fireworks.

Sorry, never used either of them. I use Tour Guide Shelly!! :rotfl: I have my own secret method!

Spill it girl!!

I would definitely move it up a little bit. You are not going to get in & get a good seat/place to watch if you are late. You really don't want to miss it!! It's one of my favorite things!!!

Actually when I post the lists each one is still only one post and every page has 15 posts, no matter how long they are. Does that make sense??? It is time consuming though. I was posting it every 3-4 pages (back when it was manageable!), then went to every 5 pages, and now it's more like every 10-12 pages!

This is the official Snowbird symbol --> :cool1: Because we are so cool!! :rotfl:

Okay, I didn't realize there were 15 posts per page all the time. Please disregard everything I said! My bad on the symbol - I thought it was the dancing banana :confused3

New Snowbirds - I think I gave you all the wrong info!!! Sorry. Don't listen to me - Shelly is the keeper of all knowledge.

Peach3s~
I have not used TGM, but I have used the UG and I did like it! I also have used the Passporter(love,love, love it) and the Birnbaum's guides. This one has a kid version that your little kiddos might like!! But for planning the passporter and UG are probably the best.

Good Morning Snowbirds:goodvibes

Well, how are we all this morning? I am good-sun's shining, pretty day here. Still kinda warm---all of us here in SE Texas don't really get the cool weather most of you get---but it's not humid and it isn't 100 degrees, so we are happy:rotfl: I am betting we get to the page mark (250) by tomorrow. Especially if we have a day like yesterday!!! Good news: I hit the 4 month mark today!!!:banana: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo: :love:

YIPPEE!!!! Does anyone have a QOTD?

Alright, ladies. I've got a question. How many of you have used Tourguide Mike and/or the Unofficial Guide. Cause I'm using both for planning, and they don't always agree 100%.

I would love to hear some real life feedback. If you used either one, share in what ways it helped or hindered your trip. If you used both, I'd LOVE to hear how they compare and which one you would recommend! I might even head venture off our little thread and start a thread on the trip planning board to see if others have an opinion on this. I love TourGuide Mike. But Unofficial Guide is awesome too. See my dilemma? :rotfl:

I have used Tour Guide Mike twice in the past and never had to wait hardly at all for the rides, but like you I found out about UG so I'm using both and like you a lot of the information doesn't agree. I guess my biggest question would be parks to visit on certain days?? To me that is the most important piece of information.

I have noticed the park plans are simpler to use with UG and they do offer a lot more in terms of variety. But I really like that TGM really explains why he does things the way he does it helps me to understand the better ways to tour.

So after all that I really didn't answer your question and wasn't of much help I'm sorry :confused3 I'm in the same boat as you and I'm on information overload.

I ran into this same problem. So I just made my ADR that day for lunch. Then we can just grab something quick (CS) for dinner right before we want to get a spot for Spectro! I'm not sure what to expect in January, but when we were there in May we went to MK 1 1/2 hours before Spectro and there wasn't a spot to be found. So needless to say, we STILL have not seen Spectro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter